Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    It's TixyLixx and Mohorovicic. They haven't been positive about anything since ever.
    I'm a 26 year old loner who has no friends or family and just stays in and plays games for 100% of my spare time, let me have my hatred, there ain't much else going for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TixyLixx View Post
    I'm a 26 year old loner who has no friends or family and just stays in and plays games for 100% of my spare time, let me have my hatred, there ain't much else going for me.
    Considering how much you hate games, perhaps a hobby in model trains would be more your speed?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Considering how much you hate games, perhaps a hobby in model trains would be more your speed?
    Woah Hatred ain't a bad thing, just look at the Sith.

Woah Hatred ain't a bad thing, just look at the Sith.
    The Sith are sadists, not masochists.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    The server browser was compromised 2-3 years ago. It's now flooded with fake servers that redirect you to non-steam servers, mostly in eastern Europe. A new server protocol is needed to fix it but Valve doesn't give a shit (they haven't given a shit since 2003). They don't seem to care that much about CS:GO either seeing as they farmed it out to a b-team. It's incomparable to DotA2 (a Valve proper game) in terms of quality and features. The people who made GO don't understand what was good about 1.6, same with CS:S, so both of those games just superficially resemble the original CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Outright Villainy View Post
    Man, you guys are more negative than the steam forums in here. Well okay no that's not even physically possible, but the "1.6 rulez everything else sucks" spiel has gotten real old at this stage. It was old when people said during the era of source when they actually had some good points, but it makes far less sense now since GO has shaped up into a proper good game.
    Just because you don't see what's good about 1.6 doesn't mean other people don't either. Look at the Steam stats if nothing else.
    Last edited by kyrieee; 01-01-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Banned
    I'm a 26 year old loner who has no friends or family and just stays in and plays games for 100% of my spare time
    That sounds eerily familiar.

Wanna cyber?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    It was always Natural Selections stupid but popular brother, what can you do? People like shooting terrahists.
    NS might be the best team fps game out there by a mile, and one of the best games ever made, but the gunplay is abysmal compared to that of CS 1.x. (thankfully ns is not about gunplay)

People still play cs after all these years because the gunplay is more satisfying (and more consistent) than in all the call of duties , medal of honors, battlefields and source mods and games combined.

If people wanted the sad power fantasy and shooting terrarists they could have swapped to all the clones that have failed (SOFII etc) , but they didn't. Your average cs player won't care for call of duty either (the ultimate fuck yer amuhrica power fantasy).

@ never like anything new :
    This is also why many cs players don't like source (or go) , the consistency and feedback just isn't there in the spread and hit detection or animations.
    GO was a better attempt than css but the sound aspect of CS is completely missing in CS:GO so it's all in vein.

CS players don't like the newer iterations because they didn't capture what cs was about, in the same way that racing fans don't like NFS:Shift for completely missing the point of a racing 'sim', or people hating the new tombchartederraider because it also completely misses what people liked about tomb raider 1-3.

In case you all weren't aware: cs went through drastic changes and adjustments with each single patch since it was in beta, the community loved the game all the same. The gunplay, sound, netcode etc stayed intact which is what people played the game for.

The whole 'don't like new or don't like change' notion is absurd and could only come from the mouths of people who never really played cs until steam was released.
    Last edited by Finicky; 02-01-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Sometimes kids will leave flaming sacks of shit on your doorstep. Usually a good idea to shovel it onto the street and go back in your house.
    Can't say I've ever had that happen. There was the dead cat, though ...
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

CSnevergood.jpg

Stupid 10 character limit.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    The whole 'don't like new or don't like change' notion is absurd and could only come from the mouths of people who never really played cs until steam was released.
    Actually, you kinda proved them right: Hardcore CS players didn't want anything that changed what they perceived as the important bits in the game. I mean, sounds? Really? Sounds?

And "lowest ping wins" netcode. Yay! Let's stay in the 90s forever.

Ahem.

It does kinda sound like MMO players who long for the time when their preferred class was overpowered and not two patches later when they were nerfed and a new dynamic introduced.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    e NFS:Shift for completely missing the point of a racing 'sim',
    I think those who wanted NFS: Shift to be a sim were the ones missing the point, really there is other stuff on the market that is far more simmy, NFS is just a game that's meant to feel reasonably real (when it's not) and make you feel like the boss who can go round corners fast.

Network Hub
    Actually, you kinda proved them right: Hardcore CS players didn't want anything that changed what they perceived as the important bits in the game. I mean, sounds? Really? Sounds?
    Where did hardcore come from?

Also, it's a bit stupid to say "players who liked the game for certain features didn't want the features they liked changed" as if it's some profound insight. Duh.

What the fuck is this? I played CS with significant latency (first on dial up, latterly on ISDN, and finally on cable) and it always handled differing latencies far better than any other competitive online game I played - and I played a shitload.

It does kinda sound like MMO players who long for the time when their preferred class was overpowered and not two patches later when they were nerfed and a new dynamic introduced.
    So a huge group of players who liked the core gameplay of a game and didn't like when this was changed significantly for no apparent reason other than "why not", sound like MMO players who long for a time when their particularly class was overpowered?

Yeah, your comparison is a bit...farfetched.

Also, I loved the NS beta but found that with each significant patch the game became less fun. Which was a shame, NS got me into using voice comms and convinced me to start playing MMOs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Why does Counter Strike suck so much now?

Source sucks, always has done, it's a game for noobs.

Well gee, I wonder.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    Where did hardcore come from?

What the fuck is this? I played CS with significant latency (first on dial up, latterly on ISDN, and finally on cable) and it always handled differing latencies far better than any other competitive online game I played - and I played a shitload.
    I've had good experiences with CS netcode through both 1.6 and Source. My worst netcode experience that I can remember properly at the moment is with BF2.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I think those who wanted NFS: Shift to be a sim were the ones missing the point, really there is other stuff on the market that is far more simmy, NFS is just a game that's meant to feel reasonably real (when it's not) and make you feel like the boss who can go round corners fast.
    It was marketed as a sim, and marketed against sim light games like gran turismo and forza.
    Point is they didn't get it, neither does valve with anything CS related. You can't sit there with a straight face and pretend valve knows how to do counter strike when you can't even discern the footstep sounds.

Forget the whole feedback and it enabling being on the razor's edge with timing shots or the consistency of the shooting when they show they really don't understand the basics of what the game was about to its fans.

Everyone in the world wants half life 3, but if valve leaves out the things people enjoy about half life gameplay (e.g turn it into half cod 3) then the community would spit that out too.
    And i'm sure some 12 year old idiot in the year 2020 when half life 3 comes out would say he loves half cod 3 and that all the old fans are whiners with nostalgia goggles stuck in the past.
    And then his mom tells him it's past his bed time and life goes on and people continue to enjoy half life 1-2.
    Last edited by Finicky; 03-01-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    It was marketed as a sim, and marketed against sim light games like gran turismo and forza.
    Point is they didn't get it, neither does valve with anything CS related. You can't sit there with a straight face and pretend valve knows how to do counter strike when you can't even discern the footstep sounds.

Forget the whole feedback and it enabling being on the razor's edge with timing shots or the consistency of the shooting when they show they really don't understand the basics of what the game was about to its fans.
    It was marketed as a game you go ridiculously fast in, look at the trailers it shows the driver avoiding collisions at high speed and all that jazz, whereas GT5 would show the track and the minor details that people like the series. I think Valve knew that CS GO wouldn't be for 1.6 fans and that it exists quite nicely with it, with GO being more newbie friendly. There isn't a whole lot of point trying to remake 1.6 as no-one will accept it because it depends so much on things that so many wouldn't allow any change on.

Console FPS games took over the market for competitive online FPS games.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I still play Counter Strike: Source on occasion and that never seems dead. I don't really like the game enough to buy "GO," though.

I think it sucks now because I've kinda gotten bored of ultra-twitchy bunny-hopping manshoots where I manly shoot men in their man faces. I can play CS 1.6 for a day and say "ooooh this was so cool back in college, I'm gonna pay a few matches, with bots, fuck real people". Then I go back to Minecraft.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Ahem.

You should really stop posting about games you haven't played... if you don't understand what the sound comment means. I'm not going to dignify you by spelling it out. Find our for yourself if you are interested, else stop trolling.
    That whole post is so full of 'I have no idea what I'm talking about' stupidity I don't even know where to begin. Now I know how my mum felt every time she uttered the words 'you'll understand when you are older' when I was a wee lad.

'lowest ping wings netcode' is the most asinine combination of words I've heard all week.
    There is a dutch saying for what I'm feeling now , it's called 'plaatsvervangende schaamte'.

I guess I should feel sorry for you that you play games for all these years and have never been able to appreciate or discover what makes an fps good.
    I guess trying to explain would be like explaining to a 6 year old nephew that he shouldn't eat half a bag of candy 30 mins before bed time.
    They won't listen or understand anyhow. You'll watch them stuff their face in glee as you just shake your head.
    I really wish my English was better, it's hard to express an appropriately large amount of condescension compared to the amount of ignorant stupidity in your last post. I tried, but it isn't enough.
    Last edited by Finicky; 03-01-2013 at 05:26 AM.