Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Rock, Paper, Skulk [Natural Selection 2]

Welcome to Rock, Paper, Skulk. If you like shooting aliens, and biting the faces off marines, then you've come to the right place.

We play regularly on Thursdays and Sundays from around 7pm (GMT+1).

Our steam group is here, so join that for event reminders and easy access to the chat room.

We use Mumble for our communication, and instructions for installing that are here.

After installing Mumble, you may also need to add NS2.exe to the overlay whitelist, so you can see who's in the channel and who is talking.

To do this, go to Configure > Settings > Overlay > Overlay Exceptions > Whitelist, then click 'Add'. Find NS2.exe (usually at Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\ns2.exe) and add it.

Once you have Mumble installed and are connected to the RPS server, join the Games > Natural Selection 2 channel.

I'd recommend you install and join Mumble, even if you don't have a mic, because it keeps the group together and you get notified if we decide to change server or something. (Also you miss out on any really cool jokes that are being told).
    Last edited by airtekh; 06-05-2013 at 11:13 AM.

So, continuing from the other thread, is Sunday 8pm (UTC) okay for the next event?

yeah, good idea with the fresh post.
    obviously i'm ok with next sunday.

Network Hub
    I don't think I can make this Sunday since this specific weekend is pretty busy, but Sundays in general should be good. It would be awesome for me if it could start an hour earlier too, since I'm on GMT+2, but it's not a big deal.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

I always forget there are people further East in Europe than myself!

If 7pm UTC is better for others as well, speak up. 8 suits me better personally (I may be a little late if we have it at seven) but whatever suits the group better, and gets a greater number of people playing is the priority.

I'm GMT +1 so 8 UTC is not a problem ... mmmh ... but yeah if it starts at 10pm for dentharial that's a bit unfair :/

7pm UTC is indeed a bit early for me too, but as Airtekh said, if it can get more people to play, fine by me. I would just join up around 30 mins later.

I'm keen, would love to play but I can't do Sundays as I'm airsofting
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Due to the fact I work shifts (including night shifts) it's difficult for me to commit to a regular meet up. In fact, a lot of my gaming time tends to be in the morning/afternoon.

I'd still love to play some NS2 with you guys though so wondered if perhaps a few of you wouldn't mind adding me as a friend on steam so i can leap into games with you when you're playing.

my steam name is also Corbain

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968185702

@DWZippy, corbain

Sorry guys, it's difficult to cater for everybody.

It would help if there was a bit more feedback. I guess most people don't bother reading the forums.

I think what we'll do is set the next event for Sunday 7pm UTC, since the last one was successful, but in the meantime we'll have a continuing discussion on days/times and see what people think.

corbain, I mainly play NS2 and other games in the evenings, so that's probably of no use to you.

Yeah, as airtekh says our event schedule is not set in stone yet. We'll maintain sunday for this week and see if we have more or less players than last time. The group is still fresh and new so everything can be adjusted to get the maximum people playing.

Network Hub
    As said though, I probably won't make it to this week's meeting as my weekend is packed with stuff. Of course, if you want to test the time that's better for me and see how it goes, I'm certainly not going to object
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Second event is now up on Steam. Sunday 7pm GMT/UTC.

I may be a little late, but get yourselves on Mumble, pick a server and get stuck in.

Hey, I joined the steam group. Looking forward to playing with you guys.

8pm UTC works out better for me, but if it serves the cause I don't mind 7pm either. I might have to join a little later.
    Airtekh, maybe make an announcement on steam, to have something pop up on the overview page, otherwise some ppl might miss the event that don't check on this thread regularly?
    Looking forward to sunday night!

There is an event reminder that pops up at 7 on Sunday, but just in case I've put an announcement for tomorrow on the steam page.

yay, see you all sunday evening !
    don't forget to mumble !

great fun tonight !
    we almost made it to ten, yay. I think we actually spent less than 0.9 seconds not speaking in the chat. my ears hurt a bit.
    see you guys next week !

That was great fun and informative too. My first go as a commander sucked but hopefully I'll have a few more goes before next Sunday and we might win this time.

Once again, I had a great time yesterday. Thanks again to all for coming. We had a steady 8 people in Mumble for most of the session.

I had a thought afterwards, and if we pick servers to play on that have high playercounts (eg. 18, 20) then we should have a better chance of getting everybody on the same team. We had a couple of problems with that.

It would be nice to have a no-stress game for the new players, so they can learn things without pressure. We nearly had that yesterday, but when people start joining the server we had to start playing more seriously.

Again, what we could do is get someone with fast connection to host a game, or we could look into getting a private server.

I think there was a verbal agreement over Mumble for Sunday 8pm GMT as the next event.

I had a blast too!
    About that server thing: I had my connection upgraded to VDSL today (actual DL-speed is 42.967 kbit/s, actual UL-speed is 4.687 kbit/s) and I also upgraded my CPU to an i5-2500K which is running at 4.2 Ghz. I have no experience whatsoever with running a server, but it seems to be simple enough in NS2. If you think my equipment and connection is up to it I'd be happy to give it a shot!

Let me know what you think.