Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    awwwww. cute.

hello there eRa. See you all on sunday then.
    I'd be happy to play a bit more of The Faded by the way, if it works better than last week that is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    No! As honorary beatings commisioner I have to call your attention to beatings rule #1: one who calls for a beating may not be beaten himself. In case someone redirects the beating under false pretense he shall be beaten twice as hard!

I'm really sorry airtekh! I HAD to side with Sketch on this. He's got the same mouse as I have...
    We now share a bond that cannot be broken.

I've just realised though, you'll be approximately 600% better than me and we're using the same mouse! I have nowhere to hide now, my true rubbishness will come to light and I will be shamed and spat on.

It'll be like being Felisc D:
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I just joined up, hopefully I can make it on Sunday. Would be cool to have a group of esteemed gentlemen to shoot with/at again.

Also, this thread lacks Gorge fan art.

Alas! those eyes...
    Welcome eRa, looking forward playing with you!
    Also I read in your post history (yes, every apprentice for the Royal Skulk Association is thouroughly checked) that you are quite the Dark Souls nut. You'll be in good company with Sketch and Felisc and can exchange anecdotes on players leaving messages for other players (it's called text chat) and other weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    awwwww. cute.

hello there eRa. See you all on sunday then.
    I'd be happy to play a bit more of The Faded by the way, if it works better than last week that is.
    Yes, me too! The mod has officially entered Beta status:

Quote Originally Posted by Rio
    And we're in beta! I'm lazy, that's why I just post you the changelog:

added all talk (default is enabled, but it's configurable via the server config)
    added creepy ambient sounds
    added the mod version to the top left screen
    added a distortion screen effect, which will be triggered if a marine is close to the fade
    updated the cloak amount, so the fade is a bit more visible now
    updated the light intensity, so it's not that dark anymore
    updated alien vision shader, default background color is now green
    updated hive vision (aka parasite), increased range and marines are now fully visible in red color instead of just showing the edges
    updated the game rules, so players will always join the marine team instead of getting a message
    fixed localization problems with the default NS2 localization
    fixed a bug where marines won't get their welder by default if they haven't selected anything
    The Fade starts now with alien vision enabled by default
    tagged as beta

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    We now share a bond that cannot be broken.

I've just realised though, you'll be approximately 600% better than me and we're using the same mouse! I have nowhere to hide now, my true rubbishness will come to light and I will be shamed and spat on.

It'll be like being Felisc D:
    lol! No worries, it won't be like being Felisc I can avouch for that! You have got a G400 now! It doesn't matter who you were before and the G400 doesn't care who you were before! You are a killer now!!! Kill!

On second thought: french ppl tend to be cold blooded professional killers (I've seen it in the movies). So, maybe I'm wrong...

I really really enjoyed the Faded once again. Can't wait to see Sketch's videos.
    Also yay new people, nice to have some more people to shoot at things with.

Argh, stayed up way later than intended looking at the videos! Will try and do something with them tomorrow, I wanted to upload it tonight but it takes too long.

Anyway, was good fun and great to have some new mea- players in the game.

Gentlemen.

Manliness in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Gw0Z6_fnA

If the video looks a bit...jittery it's my fault I was recording the game in a strange way. I think I know what to do for next time though.
    Last edited by Sketch; 11-02-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Ahaha, that's brilliant Sketch! Those sound effects still give me the creeps.

I can't get over how weird my voice sounds when it's been recorded.

oh. wow, i should stop using an omni mic, didn't realize you heard so much reverb from my place. Also from now on I'll use my manliest voice because I sure don't like my stupid tone here.
    Anyway. Nice job Sketch
    Next time I'll roleplay Captain Renaud Trèfle, space marine extraordinaire who only speaks after he spits and deals with his fear like he would deal with a camembert sandwich.

Awesome, thanks Sketch! Best parts are the high pitched "he's right here! He's right here!" bits around 1:15 and 2:55! So funny!

And here's everyone, complaining about their voices... Guys you're voices are fine, they sound tough as a mincer mincing rusty nails! My voice on the other hand... slack and pampered like the waxy, geriatric skin of of a long slain space marine...

Please apply some coarse grain sound filters next time Sketch!

We should take lessons from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdzryoaXNQ0
    And while we're at it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moXBtw91LeI
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 11-02-2013 at 10:57 PM.

I'll begin rubbing sandpaper on my vocal chords immediately.

Can I tempt any of you chaps into a game or two tonight? I thought I wouldn't be here, but now I am so I'm bored and looking to shoot aliens in the face or bite humans in the ass.

Some NS2 would be good too.

I'll be playing tonight, not sureif it's gonna be NS2 yet. I actually promised myself to play through Mass Effect 3 at some point; it's just, every time I'm playing it, I find my thoughts trailing off to how exciting a round of NS2 could be. I hate it when MP games do this to me, can't seem to enjoy any other game at the moment...

Can do. I was planning on playing Darksiders and System Shock 2, but I suppose I can drop that just to entertain Sketch. :P

I'll be online from around 7.30 ish. Should I put up a steam reminder thingy, just in case others from the group are interested?

Yeah sounds good to me, I need more drones for my entertainment!

Boooo look at you nerds playing ns2 on valentine's day...
    Eeeeer...
    *Cough*
    Ok i'll be there too actually...

EDIT : or not. sorry, got tricked into drinking with friends.
    Last edited by Felisc; 15-02-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Well that was a good session. Two last games were intense, and well, there was just something nicer about the nights atmosphere. I don't know what it was but it definitely felt classier, like some overbearing shadow was absent tonight. Who knows, but nice to get a midweek game or two in!

Also look at our hero, and saviour:

schnief

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    Boooo look at you nerds playing ns2 on valentine's day...
    Eeeeer...
    *Cough*
    Ok i'll be there too actually...

EDIT : or not. sorry, got tricked into drinking with friends.

Oh, them dastard drinking mates! They tricked you, did they precious? Better get rid of them, yous got friends on the internetz now!

Well your loss Blitz, er... Felisc! We had like the best games ever! Totally worth the five hours sleep... yawn...

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Well that was a good session. Two last games were intense, and well, there was just something nicer about the nights atmosphere. I don't know what it was but it definitely felt classier, like some overbearing shadow was absent tonight. Who knows, but nice to get a midweek game or two in!
    Watching your argy-bargy always makes my day!

I live to serve! Unless your Felisc in which case, go peel some onions.

I nearly had to come here to announce a catastrophic PC failure (I couldn't even get any signal to my monitor) but awesomeness prevailed and come Sunday I will be ready. Unless I have a heartattack playing System Shock 2, in which case divide up my PC between yourselves and ensure Felisc still receive thorough beatings.

you can go gently stroke a healthy poney.

anyway, I see Jim has started a "rps group video" thread, so if mr Sketch wants to whip out the Fraps again this sunday, we could shoot a bit of another Faded game. Or a glorious normal game. And yes, I will watch what I say so I don't die of shame rewatching it.
    Then we'll post the video in the thread. And people will understand why the whole internet call us the MAGNIFICIENT rps ns2 group.

SundayEveningEDIT : please tell me kwis played with the pitchshifted voice in a public game.
    Last edited by Felisc; 18-02-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Gentlemen.