Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Good few games last night. I was incredibly late, but fortunately there were still people on when I joined.

I watched the video of our game from Sunday, and it's quite interesting.
    Overall, you guys seemed to play much better as a team than we did. It's your lack of killer instinct that was your downfall; you should have attacked our hives a lot sooner than you did.

A big mistake was trying to retake nano at the time when pipeline was under attack. You were swimming in resources so the better choice would've been to defend pipe with everything. We would've been screwed since you guys had access to exos at that point.

I don't know what I was doing for most of that game. By my count, I lost two fades and a lerk, and I only pop up occasionally attacking a phase gate or a power node in nano and control.

That attack with the Onos at the end was intended as a distraction. I had no idea that we would actually succeed in taking you guys down! Guess you were preoccupied with subsector.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    It must be pretty weird watching a game from the other perspective! We were playing together well, I just think - and this isn't a critiscism - that poor Felisc had too much on his hands already taking care of us to suggest a killer blow too. Same goes for the grunts we were constantly doing something and never had too much time for a plan of action.
    steam: sketch

Activated Node
    I'd love a spectated recording of a game, with comments from someone that knows how to play the game. It isn't possible to record a game for later spectating, right?

Great use of mines. Yeah, losing pipeline really messed things up for you, losing access to exos and jetpacks. Or can you still buy them if they were researched before you lost the CS?

I don't believe so.

I'll be there tonight, but running a bit late. Say about 8ish.

I'll try to be there as well. If I don't get too distracted by Heart of the Swarm...

Quote Originally Posted by njursten View Post
    Or can you still buy them if they were researched before you lost the CS?
    Nope, you have to regain a second command center.
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to research them again (although now I'm in doubt).

A spectating recording mode would be awesome, I don't know if it's in their plans, though. I'm not sure how they proceed during the tournaments, maybe they just mod the game to allow the commentators in the ready room so they can spectate...
    The ns2 tournaments are great to watch by the way, I wish I were able to create bold strategies like they do, building armories to block certain access to onos etc ... fancy stuffes.

See you guys tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    Nope, you have to regain a second command center.
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to research them again (although now I'm in doubt).
    You don't need to re-research them, but you do need to rebuild your second cc.

-Rammrool

Excellent games tonight, team! It was a pleasure being commanded by Olive. Both focused and relaxed. I'm amazed at how fast hives go down when shotgun rushed

A pitty I couldn't be there, but good to hear you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you Felisc for your kind words and I'll try to be there next time to keep that nasty sketch off your back

I actually had a dream tonight where I was given a discount coupon which read: "next Hive dropped by you is instantly built and comes for free!" I immidiately thought I should go commander the next game I play... Mhhh, maybe I should give the game an extended break...

Activated Node
    Or your subconscious really wants you to command!

Yeah, great commanding from Olive! Funny how he was all "I've done some commanding, but I'm not that good" and I was "Yeah, I'm fairly good", but obviously he's way better than me. As usual the people sure of themselves aren't to trust. :P

Once again, we managed to survive a session without our omnipresent host, Kwisatz.

Highlights of the evening included that incredible game on Mineshaft where we managed to ninja shotgun rush Cave hive, only to lose our main base in repair, leading to a desperate building of IP's in Ops, only to be crushed by a raging stampede of Onos. Sketch said he recorded this one so fingers crossed.

We managed to squeeze eight of us onto the same team on a 20 player server (heresy, I know Kwis) and we had a very good game on Descent where we crushed the marines with some superb teamplay. We also caused the enemy team to start swearing at each other, which was hilarious.

Towards the end, we also had a little taste of the Forsaken mod, which looked quite interesting.

A fun evening, thanks to all for coming and welcome to all the new people.

Hey, fun night, shotgun rushing cave was awesome. I didn't actually rush back to repair with everyone right away, just shotgunning a crag I think, before getting murdered by a skulk, live and learn.

Shame I missed that last game, it sounds like it was pretty good, what with getting the other team to cuss each other out.

I don't know anything about this Forsaken mod though. Any good?

(btw won't be able to make this thursday as at a wedding, this sunday is a maybe as well though I hope I can make it)

-Rammrool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ03R2vTXLI

2 games in 1! First is the game with the shotgunning, the second is the game with the swearing at the end. Also if you listen closely at about 18:40ish you can hear me swearing about not be able to climb properly

Thanks for starting the video after I got 3 kills in a row. It makes me look like I'm the biggest noob as I'm the first to die :P

EDIT: A couple things I noticed quick. 1 - at 2:26, it looks like you're pressing lmb once per axe swing. You should hold it down as it attacks continuously (although you might be doing that and I'm just looking at it wrong.

2 - I'm barely 3 minutes in and I'm already sick of hearing myself talk too much! (actually I don't seem to be talking as much as I remember, either my push to talk in game was dodgy or I kept using mumble instead)
    Last edited by pilot13; 18-03-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Yeah, I watched that and I genuinely usually do hold it down, I can't remember what I was doing in that instance though. Woops.

ahahah the guys insulting each other in the final seconds make for a perfect ending.
    thanks again for the video
    great games, Olive is a cool commander.

What a pleasure to watch those two rounds, thanks Sketch!
    Incredible how fast the Hive went down with all those shotguns! And those guys swearing at each other at the end of the 2nd game: well, as Felisc put it, they're awfull.
    These videos really promote the fun aspects of the game: a good marine defeat and a well deserved alien win.

Also, your skulking is really well-bred, Sketch.

Obscure Node
    Hey guys, olive here!

Thanks for the great games, I had a lot of fun. I can't make it on Thursday, but hopefully I'll see you all on Sunday.

Watching that marine game was pretty painful for me :-) I remember checking the base in repair after the Cave hive went down, and I even ask Archie to go towards pilot drill. Just as I finish saying that the power in repair gets attacked. And I just faff about trying to decided whether to build a pg in northern tunnels or not! So, yeah, I can't really consider myself a good commander when I consistently screw up stuff like this :-)

The alien game was very relaxing to comm. The team did all the work without me having to coordinate anything, all I had to do was to build cysts and upgrades :-)

Oh, and as a marine, when building rts, always build the power first, it is better resource-wise. The rt won't produce any res without power, but while the rt is unbuilt (in that blue shimmering ghost state) and the aliens touch it, the team gets the res back. So, if you die while building the power, the team won't lose any res.

Activated Node
    Great double gorge belly slide action shot towards the end!

Wow, while looking for that, I just noticed my little swear tirade near the end. Sorry!