Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    I'll be there tonight, after the household warmup of homemade pizza. Ok everybody, we all reinstall magicka and we play it next time. Two or three teams of 4, the one with the most friendly kills wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    I'll be there tonight, after the household warmup of homemade pizza. Ok everybody, we all reinstall magicka and we play it next time. Two or three teams of 4, the one with the most friendly kills wins.
    .Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    .Approved.
    Seconded, motion carries.
    Steam ID - Rammrool

Network Hub
    This thread should be stickied :P

Apparently we have our own sub-forum now. Awesome.

Btw, had a lot of fun tonight, even if i couldnt stay on too long. Will see you guys at the weekend though, and can't wait to see some of that footage sketch.
    Steam ID - Rammrool

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    Installed.

Network Hub
    Check brawl busters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgM10_E-bE .. not sure it'd be everyones cuppa tea, but free to play (on steam too)

( doesnt have much longevity .. but it's hella fun :P )

Quote Originally Posted by balmark View Post
    Check brawl busters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgM10_E-bE .. not sure it'd be everyones cuppa tea, but free to play (on steam too)

( doesnt have much longevity .. but it's hella fun :P )
    Looks alot like Monday Night Combat. Which means it looks like alot of fun

Bumping this for new players. All you need to know is in airtekh's first post on the first page.
    Ah, posting in the good ol' megathread feels like coming home to the smell of freshly baked bread....

Obscure Node
    @KwisatzHaderach: Cheers for bumping this, glad I found the info. Long time reader of RPS but just got a rig capable of running NS2 properly. Found the RPSkulk server last night and had some really fun rounds with vets and rookies alike. See you all on the server soon I hope.

Hi X3N0!
    At the moment the group is laying low for a little and not many ppl are playing regularly. I reckon this might change once the new update lands at the end of the month, so stay tuned for some nice RPS stacked matches soon

Congrats on your new rig!

Obscure Node
    Yeh Reinforced sounds like it's going to be a major update. Do you reckon people are moving their attentions onto other games? I'll drop by your server this eve f you're on

Quote Originally Posted by X3N0 View Post
    Yeh Reinforced sounds like it's going to be a major update. Do you reckon people are moving their attentions onto other games? I'll drop by your server this eve f you're on
    I play NS2 maybe once a week now (compared to the end of last year, when I was playing it almost every day). Mostly it's because I have a pile of other games to play, and want to devote some time to them.

It's also because I was getting a little tired of seeing the same old maps. New official maps don't seem to be coming as fast as I would like, and there are precious few servers hosting custom maps.

It's annoying because NS1 had tons of official maps, maybe triple the amount that are in NS2 at the moment; and it always kept the game fresh. NS1 had a long lifespan though, and NS2 has been out for less than a year, so maybe I'm a little impatient.

We will be getting Biodome in Reinforced as well, so that's good.

I should be on this evening for a few games, not sure what time.

Obscure Node
    I agree that it's a shame there's so few maps. There looks to be some really fantastic community maps being worked on too - Kodiak, Caged remake, turtle, Jambi, ayumi remake... I've got my fingers crossed some of these will be released soon to as much fanfare as Biodome, to ensure they're adopted by server admins into the mapcycle. A similar map pack release to the old days of UT and Tactical Ops would be fantastic.

Network Hub
    I had a LOAD of custom maps on the server .. but this has issues in itself ..

1. Most have alot of greyboxing (I really really like ns2_uplift.. so I'll probably take a copy of the map until it's finished and turn the greybox into some random textures... greybox makes aliens too easy to see :P )

2. Most of the maps aren't very balanced..

3. The way I *had* the server setup, it made you download all mods the server had installed in one go .. this was an issue because new people to the server had to download loads of mods .. and the workshop is so bad .. that it means they'll probably have to reconnect 2-3 times before all mods will successfully install .. I've a few comments on UWE forums on that subject .. mods can be setup on a 'per map' .. which might be ok ... I'd tried this trying to get combat and ns2 on same server, but my problems mightn't occurr on ns2 only maps (think it was because it was swapping between different gamemodes .. I'd hoped to have the option to change to a faded map via votes for a break from ns2 for a 20min)

4. Maps are updated when the creator updates them .. good or bad .. so errors in a custom map could crash your server :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I agree, many of the custom maps look interesting but still to greyboxed, which really doesnt help the aliens unless the lights are turned off completely.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Will probably miss tonight, but will see you good folks on thursday for some dual railgun action
    Steam ID - Rammrool

Obscure Node
    Hello ! Just dropped in to say I had a great time on the RPSkulk server last night. Except when I switched between azerty and qwerty keyboard by mistake and my "Ask for Medpack" key came in place of my "Forward" key. I apologize again to X3NO who was commander.

I'm still a noob, I purchased the game after the free week-end. I'm not a native english speaker but I do my best to communicate.

Looking forward to play with you again !

Was not able to fix my mouse lag, so I did not really feel like playing yesterday. Too bad, was really pumped up earlier.
    Steam: Alaeus

Some good games folks, hope any new people weren't turned away by either the strange performance hit/mouselag introduced or simply by the complexity of the game. It's quite deep once you get into it, just have to get over the initial hump.

I commanded for the first time in ages and we won. Twice! Which basically means civilisation is a about to collapse or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Syll View Post
    Hello ! Just dropped in to say I had a great time on the RPSkulk server last night. Except when I switched between azerty and qwerty keyboard by mistake and my "Ask for Medpack" key came in place of my "Forward" key. I apologize again to X3NO who was commander.

I'm still a noob, I purchased the game after the free week-end. I'm not a native english speaker but I do my best to communicate.

Looking forward to play with you again !
    You did a good job as a Gorge on Refinery Syll. I don't command very often so it's nice having a gorge on the ground to remind me to place harvesters!