Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Sorry I couldnt make it yesterday. How's the new patch? Seems like a large nerf to marines across the board.

Glad for the res cost buff to gorge tunnels as they don't seem to get used anywhere near as much as they should do right now.

-Ramm

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    I like the idea that any potential new member looking at the thread would be completely puzzled by what's happening here. MASSIVE BREAD JPEG.

Anyway. So yes, I was a traitor yesterday evening. Sorry. Ahem, speaking of treason, have you seen that rps planetside 2 night, mh ? On ... thursday ? Would all of us want to try this out as a glorious ns2 squad ? Or am I being frowned upon very harshly by Kwis and Airtekh right now ? I swear Airtekh has that angry light in his eyes again ... help !
    You know what we do with people like you? People who are unfaithfull to the tribe? They have to suffer. For all the rest of their deplorable lives. Purple!

Weeeell, I'm reluctant to try because I simply have such a good time playing ns2 and I don't feel the need to get into yet another MP shooter (having just purchased RO1, RO2 and Killing Floor, thank you very much SirWigglyBottom, Sir!). Then again, for witnessing the pure chaos that will break loose when an über-squad of NS2 hardened newbs joins the battle (and Sketche's tank falling into the lava pit) it might be worth it. So, I'm up when you're up. But only this once!!!

I have to check if they improved performance though. The last time I tried it, about half a year ago, it was abysmal and I got stutters all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by pilot13 View Post
    Sorry I couldnt make it yesterday. How's the new patch? Seems like a large nerf to marines across the board.

Glad for the res cost buff to gorge tunnels as they don't seem to get used anywhere near as much as they should do right now.

-Ramm
    It played quite nicely. On the Alien side mostly. You can definitely feel the Marine nerf, most games were won by Aliens. The most severe change is the delay in upgrades resulting from the increased costs; marines now really have to watch it if they don't want to face Fades with only armour 1 and weapons 1. But the change to Gorge Tunnels is nice, you see alot more of them early game now.

I've played Planetside 2 once, and njursten showed me how to kill your teammates in a plane. Or something like that. Thanks. I could join for a quick session Thursday, I guess.

My work schedule does not allow for late nights currently, so I may not be able to join you much. Enjoy while it lasts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Believe it or not(SirWigglyBottom/The Almighty Snark, thats who I am), but I am a Platoon leader/Squad Leader at the RPS Planetside 2 outfit. I would be more then happy to have you guys in squad! Although the gameplay is quite different from NS2.

Note that the game also has received several multi GB patches so make sure you update sooner then later!

Great few games last Sunday! Had a ton of fun!

A-ah ! Brilliant !
    I haven't played the game since december, so ... Quite some time ago !
    Time to install the fresh version. I guess I'll take a look at the PS2 channel to check how you guys work it out in mumble with 23023 players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There is still some debate going on, but probably 12 per channel(1 squad). Including SL and RO(Radio Officer, handles platoon lead comms, SL does tactical coordination of the squad).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'll join in, but it'd be nice to be able to mumble squad with the NS2 regulars so at least in death, I have the comforts of familiar voices to ease the pain somewhat! Although I'm sure everyone is lovely.

Will they let us talk about bread?
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sketch, If I can run a squad with the NS2 + fillers then yes, bread shall be discussed mandatory before boarding my glorious loafy Galaxy!

I'd be up for planetside 2, and actually played with some rps guys one night ages ago, although I was terrible and kept getting run over by tanks.

An NS2 squad might be interesting though, at least we'd all be kind of terrible together.

It played quite nicely. On the Alien side mostly. You can definitely feel the Marine nerf, most games were won by Aliens. The most severe change is the delay in upgrades resulting from the increased costs; marines now really have to watch it if they don't want to face Fades with only armour 1 and weapons 1. But the change to Gorge Tunnels is nice, you see alot more of them early game now.
    I still haven't played yet, but pre-patch you could tell who were the good comms and the bad comms (me basically) by how well they'd timed those early upgrades, which I can only imagine is going to be even worse this point forward.

Are marines using those early gorge tunnels though to raid on alien upgrades though? I can imagine that in most games that would help balance it back out again.

Activated Node
    I remember they talked about making the unlocks global in Planetside 2, so you didn't have to buy stuff for every account (i.e. server). Would help a bit, as I played on Woodman. Then again I only played TR, so whatevs!

Don't know if I'll show up tomorrow, but if I do I'll be up for either. They seem to be up to some hilarious antics, those RPS PS2 guys.

Regarding bread I'm more of a ciabatta person. Or Graham bread. With hummus or tapenade!

Quote Originally Posted by njursten View Post
    Regarding bread I'm more of a ciabatta person. Or Graham bread. With hummus or tapenade!
    Oh come on, we all know you're a crepe person. No need to hide it.

Alright Pepper, you are in charge of leading us to glory this thursday.

And in regard to ns2 : I can't wait to try that new patch. And also : WHEN THE BLOODY HELL will we be able to wield doors ?! We were playing Alien Swarm with Sketch the other night, and wielding door is the best thing ever.
    Tough thing to balance, though.

I'm re-downloading Planetside 2 to check if SOE bothered to fix my crashing problem. If it doesn't work then I'll have to sit and imagine you guys having fun without me. (Well that or actually play NS2 instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    And in regard to ns2 : I can't wait to try that new patch. And also : WHEN THE BLOODY HELL will we be able to wield doors ?! We were playing Alien Swarm with Sketch the other night, and wielding door is the best thing ever.
    Tough thing to balance, though.
    Welding doors (actually vents) was in NS1, but it was seriously OP for the marines. They could basically cut aliens off from certain parts of the map, because once the vent was welded, there was no way of returning it to its original state; it stayed shut.

You know the two vents overlooking Nanogrid on Veil? In NS1 they were weldable vents, which meant if the marines took Nanogrid, it was virtually impossible to retake.

For NS2 they would presumably have to include some way for the aliens to counter welded doors, and it might come in the form of an Onos battering the door down with sheer brute force. That would be pretty cool. That or allow Gorges to bile bomb them or something.

yeah, aliens battering the doors would be pretty cool (again, like in alien swarm. btw i'll remind you that it's free and 4 players, so here's an idea for a random night ...)
    maybe some more stealthy gorge tunnels to counter doors wielding ....
    eh ! that's for the developpers to figure out !
    But yeah, wielding the vents in Nanogrid is an insta-centermap-win for the marines if none can be done :/

Also, I'm wondering, have turrets been changed in the last updates ? I mean, we never use them, they're frowned upon as being a bit newbish, but ... well they're turrets, they should be nice and useful. Whips are nice. Poor turrets being a bit shit. I wonder if it will be changed at some point.

I dont think it's so much that turrets are useless, it's just they're a bit of a sink of resources that are better placed elsewhere, especially given that everything costs more now I think.

I suppose turrets have a place in the late game if the marines have enough res to spare, but even then, just plopping phasegates in areas of concern is probably a better bet.

Hey, just wondering what the plan was tomorrow night, is it gonna be NS2 or will we join up for planetside? Just wondering if it's worth patching it over night or something.

Also, Tiger Bread;
    breads-078-300x200.jpg

Wraw! Tiger bread! Looking delicious.

I found a much better way to spend tomorrow night than playing silly man-shooters: get ready for some baking action!!!

So, this is exciting, looking forward to some PS2 with a familiar squad. I hope we get everyone informed, so noone's wondering tomorrow night, when the NS2 group will be empty.

Just a few technical questions here, to get set up before getting thrown into the big wide world:
    - will we be playing infantry exclusively? Should I set up controls for tanks and aircraft (I have a joystick and I love flying in BF3) or are vehicles unaffordable/unsuitable for beginners?
    - which fraction and which server will we be playing on?
    - are the light assault and the medic good starting classes? I prefer either agile or support classes.

That's all I can think of for now...

Also: Breadsoup
    Steinpilzcremesuppe.jpg
    Yummy!

edit: nevermind my first two questions, I just read the post by Jim.
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 10-04-2013 at 10:08 PM.

So I found a supposed fix for my Planetside 2 problem. Sony couldn't bother their arses trying to repair it, but some clever Russian dude made a 3rd party fix for memory problems on Windows 32-bit systems.

Hopefully it means I'll be able to play PS2 tomorrow night with you guys; but don't be surprised if I vanish mid-combat due to a crash.

It seems like there's going to be a massive number of people at this thing tomorrow. Should we meet up in the NS2 Mumble channel or something to co-ordinate ourselves better?

Good to hear, i keep my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly tomorrow! Meeting in the NS2 channel sounds like a plan.

yeah let's meet in the ns2 channel. or can we multimulti voice chat through steam ? and keep mumble for ps2 ? so we can laugh at the other people inferiority on steam chat ? mh ? eh, we'll see tomorrow. weeeeeeeeee.

Activated Node
    Felisc: Oui monsieur, j'aime la crepe! But it is not un pan! Je parle francais très bon!

Seems like the PS2 thing starts an hour later than our regular time.