Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah I don't know what's going to happen regarding us playing with the Planetside 2 chaps. I know we have to be invited to the outfit though, so we need to communicate with them to do that.

I assume we are going to go Vanu, too?

@Kwis, what I'm going to is setup controls just incase, but expect to play infantry mostly.

Edit: Just posted in the PS2 forum to see what the best way for us to do this is. Personally, I'd like it if we could stick together of course! My suggestion would be to either 1. Join the NS2 mumble as usual, while keeping an eye on the Steam PS2 chat (assuming there is one) 2. Join the PS2 mumble, while also using Steam voice chat to talk between us.

Edit 2: So it seems like we'll be able to be in the same squad together, but it would be good if we had someone with some reasonable experience with the game to 'lead' we'll see about that tomorrow though.
    Last edited by Sketch; 11-04-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    steam: sketch

How late will that thing start? Since my work sucks I have to be in bed early, which means around 22 CET at the very latest. Would very much like to join you, though.

I think it starts at 8pm for us non english folks. i'll be in bed by 11pm, so quite early too. I fear with the amount of players the game will get a bit of time to be properly organised ... or maybe not and we'll just jump into battle and gun everything down

By the way I played 15 minutes yesterday evening, my computer performance was waaaaay better than 5 monthes ago. So yay airtekh !

According to Jim's post:
    - Mustering of the horde around 7pm
    - Kicking ass around 8pm

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Guys, I can invite you in the outfit. I can sit in the NS2 channel and help you guys get started?

pepper (SirWiggly?), that would be great. We'd be delighted to have you as our Squad Leader/liaison. We'll meet up in the NS2 channel from 7pm (GMT+1) then. It seems the action doesn't really start until 8pm anyway.

Remember men, we're TSF Frontiersmen at heart (apart from when we spontaneously turn into aliens), but we'll gladly ally with the Vanu Sovereignty to beat back the NC and TR hordes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Indeed(SirWigglyBottom), I'll be on early to help those that need any. I dont know yet if I can secure a SL slot, but I'm sure we can all play together, that never has been a problem so far.

We need a RO, someone in the command channel to organise us. Wiggly you sure you're ok to lead the squad?

too much organisation going on: Ive already signed on to take care of the new players, who knows, maybe Ill just end up leading the platoon of newer players.

check the Strategic Giraffes thread, as it is stratgir night tonight.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    We need a RO, someone in the command channel to organise us. Wiggly you sure you're ok to lead the squad?
    I forsee no problems, we probably have 2/3 platoons up, which is 8/12 SL's. I dont know if I have a RO, if not I can always do it myself and guide you guys in the SL'ing. You are all good players, and if you can play NS2 then PS2 wont be a problem. You just need to know what the objectives are and how to get there.

not listening are we?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

This is getting too serious for me, I'm afraid :P

Haha, I think we should just let Quanta do his thing

Look at them discussing us in their own thread, our reputation precedes us:

Comrades!

I will be on tonight, but I just received a message that Sketch and his NS2 group would like to join in. So how about I lead that squad in concordance with the rest of stratgir, and "train mahself sum NOOBS" to put it in weirdly texan leet speek.

Those noobs might end up your "elite team hitsquad" knowing from what kind of game they come.

Hahaa, if there's a Fade equivalent in PS2, soon they will learn fear!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/how...-call-to-arms/

For a simple guide on how to take part.

If you guys will be about a squad in number and want to be together, that's great (we can have a squad marked as say, "RPS Echo "The purple skulks" [or Gorges if you prefer I guess] if that makes sense). As said, SirWigglyBottom can take charge of the dealing with command stuff, and you guys can just run about shooting stuff. Come along for as much or as little of the time as you want. We're not a serious group and this will not be a super srs operation - we're just doing some organizing too maximize play time and minimize faff and confusion for new players as much as possible.

Also, I really need to play with you guys some time. Loved NS2.0/2.1. Own NS2, played it a little, but all the matches I played were decided within the first 5 minutes, so would be good to be part of something a little more organized.

CMaster, Rock Platoon Shotgun.

edit: Closest we'd have to a Fade would be either an infiltrator (can stealth) with an SMG, or a light assault (can jetpack) with a shotgun. Unfortunatley both SMGs and Shotguns are stuff you need to buy, but you can probably still make it work with default guns.

Oh awesome, thanks that would be really great if there was a channel for us to jump into. Might cut down on the faffing about with mumble. Pleased to hear it's not too serious, our between game discussions often wander into the weird and wonderful.

But yes, it would be really great if you could play some NS2 with us, we could repay you for helping out today! But seriously if you ever fancy coming along, I know you chaps plays on Thursdays but we always have a Sunday session too. The games we play last up to 40 minutes sometimes and are really enjoyable so it'd really cool if you popped in for a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The games I've played last for 20-30 minutes.
    But it's always been clear who was going to win after 5 or 6, as one team has 3 res nodes and is dieing to defend it, while the other takes the map...

Ah, sometimes one team always ends up gaining an advantage that can't be broken, but I think now things are pretty finely balanced. There's actually a few decent videos in this thread, this one especially really shows off how close it can be! If you get a chance I really recommend watching the first game in the video, it's quite interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...;v=zp-JgirXcxg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post

not listening are we?
    You were talking about PL, I'm about SL. Now who's not listening .

And CMaster, you should join! The sunday sessions are mighty enjoyable!

Network Hub
    I don't want to alarm anyone, but my preliminary research in to PS2 suggests that there are hardly any aliens at all.

They're actually all wearing human skin, they're still monstrous underneath.

It's sort of like Felisc, in game form.