Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Yeah, Last Stand looks promising.
    Steam: Alaeus

Alas: mods won't go live until Monday.

"With everyone on the team exhausted, the public release of this code will have to wait until next Monday. At that time the source code and playable versions of all three mods will be released."

Source

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    You just love crushing dreams don't you Kwis?!

I'm sorry I shouldn't be awake.
    steam: sketch

I think the heist mod sounds pretty cool. Guess we'll give them a shot on thursday then?
    Steam ID - Rammrool

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    You just love crushing dreams don't you Kwis?!
    "The sleeper must awaken", that's my motto :P
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 20-04-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    And "Sketch has a free copy of Dawn of War II: Retribution if anyone wants it" is mine!

And also, a 75% off Serious Sam 3 coupon.
    steam: sketch

I really should watch Dune again of these days. I read an article about its sound design recently and it was quite impressive. They recorded an electric arc furnace to use some kind of drone on the drony shield thingy, or something. yeah.

Network Hub
    Just spent the last good while reading about 10 pages of posts! I hadn't check in since before the planetside2 ordeal ... (I got a good refresher course on counting to 100 ... patch 1% complete, 2% etc. )

ah, we haven't seen you on this forum for a while !

Quick note : I just picked up Guns Of Icarus through that paywhatyouwant thingy on indiegamestand. I remember that Airtekh owns it and faced empty servers on his own. If you guys want to grab it for cheap, that could make for a fun "let's try this game" night.

Quote Originally Posted by balmark View Post
    Just spent the last good while reading about 10 pages of posts! I hadn't check in since before the planetside2 ordeal ... (I got a good refresher course on counting to 100 ... patch 1% complete, 2% etc. )
    Good to have you back. We need your expertise on the question if Toast can be considered bread or rather a subspecies of dishcloth. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    ah, we haven't seen you on this forum for a while !

Quick note : I just picked up Guns Of Icarus through that paywhatyouwant thingy on indiegamestand. I remember that Airtekh owns it and faced empty servers on his own. If you guys want to grab it for cheap, that could make for a fun "let's try this game" night.
    Mhh... I might give this one a pass tbh. Games I still have to try out include but are not limited to the following:
    Killing Floor
    Red Orchestra 2

Not even mentioning PS2 that I haven't had a chance to get back into since the RPS event.

Errr, I don't own Guns of Icarus. You're thinking of the other airship combat game, AirBuccaneers, which I do own, and is quite hilarious.

By the way, I might be a bit late tonight. The PS2 people are having a training session at 7.00pm, which I plan to attend. I'll join you guys whenever that finishes.

Killing Floor is quite good, we should give that a shot sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    The PS2 people are having a training session at 7.00pm, which I plan to attend.
    OMG, we lost airtekh! PS2 is gonna pay for this!

On a side note: I might be playing a few rounds of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic with the DMoMM revival group at around 7pm. So I might be a tad late myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post

On a side note: I might be playing a few rounds of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic with the DMoMM revival group at around 7pm. So I might be a tad late myself.
    Bridges, make bridges! Not nuke them from orbit!

Also, is that the game where you play Sir Kickalot in a world filled with spikes(I loved that game!)? How's the multiplayer, it felt a bit odd when I tried it 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Bridges, make bridges! Not nuke them from orbit!

Also, is that the game where you play Sir Kickalot in a world filled with spikes(I loved that game!)? How's the multiplayer, it felt a bit odd when I tried it 4 years ago.
    Yes, that's the one.
    I used to play the MP alot back in the day. It has class based combat that works fairly well and is incredibly varied. For example you can play as Assassine who can camouflage and backstab ppl or play as Archer that does lots of damage but has slow attack speed and is very weak in close combat. There is also the Healer, the Wizard and the Knight.
    You can also gain skill points by killing enemies and capping flags. These points can be spent for upgrades like shooting three arrows at once or one that slows down enemies (archer) or poisonous daggertips or silent footsteps (Assassine). There are heaps of upgrades and it takes some time to get them all unlocked. Your progression is reset after you leave the game though.

Hello glorious friends.
    ahem ... er ... there's a slight chance I may not make it tonight. Yes I know, I'm being a foul traitor lately. I'm up since 7 am and have a challenging week coming up, so I need my glorious sleep.
    Also I've spent the day doing field recordings (for 6 hours straight) and it exhausted me like hell. I was in real life NS2 locations, yes.
    I'll TRY to pop up for a quick hour though, because I miss your handsome voices.
    Meanwhile you can contemplate this fine picture of me recording in some nice dark place. What a day!
    recordns2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post

one by one we will snag them.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

So everybody will be late tonight?

Well then. I'll not be on for more than an hour, anyway...
    Steam: Alaeus

I blame sketch.

Activated Node
    I've played some Red Orchestra 2 and lots of Killing Floor. IMO the first is a bit chaotic and not very planned, but maybe it's because I've never played it with friends. The second one is loads of fun though.

I'm quite sure I have also bought Air Buccaneers. Not sure which download service I got it from though, so currently it's labeled as "misplaced".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So how did the long game end up last night? When I left it felt like it could go on for a while, Hydro and Monorail already changed hands multiple times and both sides appeared to be slightly entrenched on both sides of the map. I feel the Marines were in a slightly favourable position?