Speckcanoodle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    So THAT'S what Felisc's been up to.
    steam: sketch

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    For desert everyone can come over for scones:

Omnomnom
    Blasphemy! You put the cream on top of the jam!

I haven't been able to make it the last couple of weeks, but will hopefully have more time in the evenings now. Is thursday still active for NS2?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    True, true! I was not thorough with my picture it's true. I see you must have some South West roots!
    steam: sketch

Activated Node
    Yes, Thursdays are still on.

Will probably not make it to this week's one. I have to deliver a NS2 capable computer to a friend.

So THAT'S what Felisc's been up to.
    Mwarf. I'm still monitoring all your activities on the forum, I'm not gone.
    I won't be there thursday but i'm 99% sure to make it on sunday, as I don't work the day after, yay.

Hey Felisc! How gorgeous to see you're still lerking the forums, I thought "oh noes, he's fading away!". Btw, I got myself a Bunnahabain and it's liquified heaven! Thanks for the recommendation!

Good news, everyone! Build 246 has been released and it includes Last Stand. I'd love to try it out on Thursday. The only downside to the patch that I can see so far is that they apparantly killed the j1/j2 team join spam because of some exploit. It will make it alot harder for us to get on the same team. At least the upcoming patch will make it possible to join whichever team you like, without having to wait to get numbers even.

yeah, I snatched him away ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Activated Node
    I see you must have some South West roots!
    Unfortunately not, but I would certainly fight for them in the great scone wars, whenever that happens - and let's face it, it's bound to kick off at some point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Some good games too, I just hope we could spark some enthusiasm in Esoteric and not cool down his desire for NS2 (because that fridge map wasn't all that great). Looking forward to Thursday as the mods from the mod-jam should be out sometime this week!
    Hehe, no worries, I had good fun. Very very confusing fun, at times, but fun nevertheless. My biggest problems were: not knowing what's a good thing to do, knowing where the hell the different places were and keeping track of where the hell I was and how to get where I should be going. So, strategy and map knowledge, basically.

I did know to kill power generators at least.

One specific thing that I have since Sunday:
    Playing marines, when is it a good time to destroy cysts? I noticed people sometimes killing them, sometimes running past.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    One specific thing that I have since Sunday:
    Playing marines, when is it a good time to destroy cysts? I noticed people sometimes killing them, sometimes running past.
    Very good question!
    Generally it's best to not touch them when you're transitioning an area, because once you start inflicting damage on them, it will show a red area on the mini-map for every alien lifeform and their comm.

Once you got to your destination it depends on what you aim to achieve:
    if you want to take down a Harvester (the ressource things) it might be better to shoot the cyst right next to it first, as it will make the infestation retreat while you kill the Harvester. This will allow your comm to drop an Extractor (marine ressource thing) faster.

if you want to be sneaky and build a ninja Phase Gate, try to find a spot without infestation. If you can't find one, make sure to build the powre first, before killing one cyst that doesn't interupt the cyst chain.

if you see cysts being dropped to reach a tech point or another key location, shoot them. They go down really fast when freshly dropped.

There are some exeptions to what I just said though. Be aware that cysts are extremely vulnerable to fire-based weapons such as the Flame Thrower or the Welding Tool. When you come across a cyst chain, in an area the enemy knows is traversed frequently and you have a welder; go for it and disrupt the chain. As a Flamer it is one of your prime targets (besides killing spores and burning the Adrenalin of Fades) to keep infestation at bay and kill buildings. ft + Jetpack marines are ridiculously efficient at killing off half of the maps cysts in mere minutes. ft is hardly researched though, because it'S bad at killing lifeforms.

One more special case I want to mention, because it occured a few times over the last week. At the start of a game, when you spread out as marine and come across a ressource node that has just been cysted: hold your fire untill the alien comm drops a Harvester. Once it is dropped it will be low on health and an easy kill totally worth the delay of not dropping your own rt earlier.

What Kwis said basically.

Most of the time you don't want to be attacking cysts, because you're just giving away your position and painting a big 'Kill me now' sign next to you. It's especially important not to attack them if your team is trying to sneakily take down a hive; the element of surprise is vital.

Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    if you want to take down a Harvester (the ressource things) it might be better to shoot the cyst right next to it first, as it will make the infestation retreat while you kill the Harvester. This will allow your comm to drop an Extractor (marine ressource thing) faster.
    Another good reason to do this is if you kill the cyst, the harvester takes additional damage every few seconds, from not having infestation under it.

Sometimes you might get killed by a skulk while taking the harvester down, but it will still die afterwards because it's still taking damage, and the alien comm forgets to replace the cyst.

pfff look at fancy neverwinter guild already having their own subforum, while we're here working in the dirt with our bare hands.
    Anyway, quick question : has gorge race thingy ever worked ? Do we want to try again ? Is it lunch already ? Do I see fresh gnocchis bought from the italian shop in my fridge ? Yes ? yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    pfff look at fancy neverwinter guild already having their own subforum, while we're here working in the dirt with our bare hands.
    Anyway, quick question : has gorge race thingy ever worked ? Do we want to try again ? Is it lunch already ? Do I see fresh gnocchis bought from the italian shop in my fridge ? Yes ? yum.
    Yea, and Arma III is getting praise for a screenshot tool and Bee Shadows, while NS2 is wantonly ignored! RPS turns me into a bitter man yet... Think of all the threads we could ahve, about different breads, hell, even about Gnocchi! Sigh...

Network Hub
    No one has posted in the Tribes forum for 2 months, we should just take that one. Is the Occupy movement out of style?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Davkaus View Post
    No one has posted in the Tribes forum for 2 months, we should just take that one. Is the Occupy movement out of style?
    Marine and Skulk Tribe?

Also, if we want to gain attention we should occupy some other forum, maybe the RPS discussion forum or something like that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well was fun, will be on more too. Need to fix damn latency issues though fibre optics shouldn't spike to 200s or even 100s in EU
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

ps2 is always busy. ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."