Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, as in platoon lead or so rather than leading "just" a squad. We don't have an overwhelming amount of people who are comfortable doing that.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for the fun night guys! Too bad we didn't get to see any exos, or proper high-tech battles.

I'll be answering the PS2 call to arms on Thursday, armed with proper Finnish rye bread and inability to hit anything, moving or otherwise. At least my last K ratio of ~10:50 should be easy to beat!

Activated Node
    PS2 could be fun!

I'll probably try to grind some certs tomorrow evening to gear up for Thursday, if anyone cares to join me. I feel so naked without anti-vehicle mines!

Be aware that they have been nerfed recently. They are now about as big as some of the rocks you tend to use for cover in overland fights. Well, not really, but they've been enlarged quite a lot, and for AT mines, bigger is only better if the mines aren't yours. Better to upgrade your repair tool if you haven't already, or invest in one of the cheap (100 or 250 certs) side-/upgrade guns. We've got some excellent guides on what you might want to do with your first few hundred certs, depending on what class you prefer playing.

Yeah, I'm up for Planetside on Thursday. The purple skulks ride again!

I've been working on my medic class from time to time and my medigun is nearly upgraded to full strength now, so I can rez and heal people really quickly.

As regards NS2, we really should try out some more of these new mods next Sunday; we hardly ever seem to play mods now. Haven't played the Faded in ages.

Yeah, I haven't had time to take a look at what came out of that mods jam. Is Last Stand one of those ?
    Quite a lot of people are mentionning NS2 in that post about goty, not sure I've seen any of them on a sunday evening though.

As for PS2 I got the Sunderer deploy upgrade, so at least I can be slightly useful. I think. Also maybe we need a purple skulk logo.

huzzah for ps2!

Ill very likely be joining you in a leadership capacity.

also, platoon lead is easy, if everything is set up for it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

The thing about platoon lead is you need to know how the flow of battle works, where enemies are likely to come from, what places are easy or hard to take or hold, when you're going to need to focus on AA or pulling tanks etc. Apart from that, PL tends to be a fairly relaxed job, if you've got someone even higher up taking care of the bigger picture.

You also need to change your keybinds just a little bit from the regular setup, so that the SG won't have to listen in on everything you say to your ROs.

Listen to me, throwing abbreviations around, Like A Bawws. Sorry for the lingo, if you're not familiar with it.

Just a quick question to you guys. Actually two:

- do you think it would make sense to ask for our own sub forum to discuss things such as balance, strategy, bread, the-felisc-sketch-issue and PS2 call to arms in a more orderly manner?
    - who would be the person to ask for this? I heard John being mentioned the other day, but I'm not sure if I got things mixed up

My photoshop skills strike once again and I offer you this steaming stinky beauty of a jpeg. Someone else care to share his lack of talent and try a logo ?
    SKulkyPS2.jpg

edit : huh ? somehow i got shitty image artifacts during the export. whatever.

Talk to Jim.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Just a quick question to you guys. Actually two:

- do you think it would make sense to ask for our own sub forum to discuss things such as balance, strategy, bread, the-felisc-sketch-issue and PS2 call to arms in a more orderly manner?
    - who would be the person to ask for this? I heard John being mentioned the other day, but I'm not sure if I got things mixed up
    I still think some of the earlier discussed forum overtake strategy's are viable!

ive got a direct line to jim. should I ask?
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    ive got a direct line to jim. should I ask?
    I think I speak on behalf of everyone here when I say: vergelt's Gott!

Gottimhimmel.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Ja, Herr Haupbanhof!" Best line in Swedish film. Period.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Ah. Yes.

I do think having a subforum might help, we could whip Kwis until he's created an extensive tutorial! (excluding aimbot installation)
    steam: sketch

itll all be sorted this week.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    itll all be sorted this week.
    Big words brave man! Have you seen what we do to people here that do not abid by the glorious promises they make?!

Jim the Holy told me, so its on his head
    - Tom De Roeck.