Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    On a related note, I was thinking of promoting someone else in the steam group to 'Officer' so more than one person can post events and stuff. It makes sense to have more than one person, just in case I'm not around.
    Thoughts?
    Wow, officer! Sounds official and important, where can I get my badge Sheriff? As (potential) future RPSkulk officer, am I allowed to declare martial law between Sketch and Felisc?!

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    We were really unlucky with the servers yesterday evening
    What do you reckon would be a decent number of players to have a go at an rps private session ? 8 players would be a bare minimum, I guess.
    I predict next sunday there will be 10 people. Yes, TEN.
    I'd think 8 ppl are too few. Just think having three field players per team on a map like Mineshaft, tbh it would be boring imo.
    12 ppl are a good starting point and with some luck, we might get as many on tomorrow. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    I've had NS2 installed for a week now, I'll try to figure out the basics and intermediates and join you folk in Mumble. Promise to keep it lowkey, not be my usual surprised exclamatory self.
    No worries, your usual self can relax; the regular RPS bunch can be quite vocal as well. And if we can get a full private server going, the more experienced players will have plenty of time to show you the ropes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Martial law is useless Felisc can't even follow basic hygiene rules let alone anything more complex.

But Ayam please join us tonight. We are pretty talkative, and friendly. Well except Felisc.
    steam: sketch

Alas, I won't be here tonight, I'm going to follow the Oscar ceremony (yes, you got me, I am actually Joseph Gordon-Levitt)

Well you missed a very good game, our very last one of the evening. Good commanding by Balmark, good action, good teamplay, good everything. (We won).
    Really enjoyed this session. Sketch has it on video !
    The faded fell a bit flat tonight though, fortunately Veil was there to save the day. We'll have to find another efficient map for the mod eventually.

I really enjoyed that final game last night. Superb comming by Balmark, also I got 41 kills and only a handful of deaths. w00t etc.

Welcome to the new people that showed up. Hope to see you again. If we can get it working, we might try the epic-sounding GORGE RACE mod next week. Woo!

Also, I hereby tender my resignation as the resident commander of the RPS battalion. I suck at it, and I'm much better at actually killing stuff as opposed to directing people to kill stuff.

I nominate Sketch as my replacement.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sorry I couldn't hang around longer last night; had to disappear and watch Dexter. Will hopefully hang around for longer next time and I won't have trouble getting Mumble to work, so I'll be able to engage in the exciting cheeses of the world conversations.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I didn't see that until just now. Looks exciting.

Yaaaay
    Can't wait to try those tunnel thingies and the new map. Sketch, quick, put the last game on youtube so we can link to it in the comments when rps posts about the update. With our warm voices and airtekh's 41 kills everyone will want to join us.

Wow, being mildly inebriated I couldn't switch that off for a while.

Hmmm. Insult Felisc for me someone. I will upload later. Yay!

Choice! Looking forward to playing on a team full of either Gorges or Exos. Thursday night? Thursday night!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Wow, being mildly inebriated I couldn't switch that off for a while.

Hmmm. Insult Felisc for me someone. I will upload later. Yay!
    Switch what off? Mildly inebriated? Insult Felisc for me someone? Ok, I'll try my best: Felisc! You smell as bad as I command!

Not good enough, I know...

Nice long postmortem on gamasutra http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...wn_worlds_.php

Holy trout, 300.000 copies is quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    Nice long postmortem on gamasutra http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...wn_worlds_.php

Holy trout, 300.000 copies is quite impressive.
    Thanks a bunch! Very interesting read. Ye, (well over) 300.000 is an impressive number for a game with so little funds (not even 3M). Compare that to a CoD 2 budget of 200M! UWE really did an incredible job with NS2.

Uploading the video now!

2.2GB so it might take a while...

Here we are, the quality isn't great at the moment, but Youtube tells me it will improve. I'm really quiet for some reason. And now I've realised you all get to see how bad I actually am. There's a moment a little while in the video where I stop doing to do something, so apolgies, it doesn't last long though!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ju-0kOvjw

There we go, 720p is ready.
    Last edited by Sketch; 27-02-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Nice work Sketch! I haven't had the time to watch the whole thing yet. This should come in handy to promote the group during the Gorgous launch, it really was an awesome match!

oh nice sketch !
    *cough* 6:47 top right corner. that's how it's done. ahem. ok maybe not.
    only watched a bit so far, I think I'll actually rewatch the whole thing tonight hehe.

Great job with the video Sketch!

That was a really good game, Marines put up a hell of a fight, harassing us all over the map.

Firstly wow, I didn't realise my mic was cutting out that badly. Either my connection sucks or I have a really bad habit of releasing my PTT button too early. Probably both. Does that happen when I'm in Mumble as well?

Also, sorry for being a bit bossy; didn't realise how serious I can get when I'm playing (like when I'm roaring at everyone at 6.55 when I fly out of Locker Rooms).

Great work by Sketch at 21.23 taking down the phase gate almost singlehandedly. Initially I was helping then I buggered off for a while, god knows where.

I laughed at 26.10 when I say "Can't take them all by myself!" and then a few seconds later after killing a few marines: "Or maybe I can?"

I love the seamless teamplay at 27.35, with the two gorges and Sketch attacking the exo, while I distract the welder dude from behind with my Fade.

Great stuff.
    Last edited by airtekh; 27-02-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Ok, now, after watching the whole vid, there's 4 things I've noticed:

- The scene starting around 7:00 when Sketch goes afk is in a way pretty comical. You can only see the outlines of marines and aliens and they just keep appearing out of nowhere. Alien kills marine and is then slaughtered by another marine, which in turn is chomped to death by the next alien asf... I had to laugh...

- Sketch really uses alien vision very sparsely

- the last ten minutes were just epic to watch! You could see, the team was really interlocking and working as a unit.

- the mighty RPS clan ended at the top of the score board

One other thing: with the upcoming content there will (hopefully) be a decent amount of newbs. Should we feel bad for stacking, now that we're awesome vet players?

I'll be on tomorrow night btw.
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 28-02-2013 at 07:29 AM.

My favourite thing is that it has Kwiz swearing recorded!

Truly, he is not the messiah we once thought.