Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Most of yesterdays games were balanced and intense. Once again: I had lots of fun. I'm just sad that I have to hand over my FatalFade-crown to Plasticman {:-(
    My series of alien wins is unbroken, I have yet to loose a single match as an alien since the Gorgeous update, which is strange if you look at the amount of whining that's going on about OP marines.

Sadly, I probably won't make it to next weeks sessions (Thursday and Sunday). So, I'll leave this here for you to look at and warm your hearts until I return:

This is what I do whenever I'm afk: great stress release after loosing my fade to airtekh yet again! Argh!!!

See you all next week!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Don't worry Kwis, the fade crown is still yours, as my partially smashed keyboard can attest to.

But good games all! Felisc although it hurts me to say, you did fine. You talked a lot and listened so don't worry. Now work on not being so filthy. I'll be uploading a video later, I recorded both long games, anyone have a preference as to which one?
    steam: sketch

Kwis is leaving us! Oh noes, who will host our games?

Joking of course. Even if Alaeus' very kind offer to set up a server doesn't work out, we can always join an empty server and play games that way.

Apparently we must have scared some people off, since we didn't get as many people joining as last week. Still fun though, with the 10 or 11 we had.

My hat's off once again to Houdini, for being the best Gorge an Onos could ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    and to airtekh for being very mean
    Hey, you were chewing on my teams' extractors, my rifle wanted to have its say on the matter. :P

Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    This is what I do whenever I'm afk: great stress release after loosing my fade to airtekh yet again! Argh!!!
    What? When did I kill you yesterday? I killed a Fade on docking but I could've sworn it was someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I recorded both long games, anyone have a preference as to which one?
    Don't mind. Whichever can provide me with the most entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    But good games all! Felisc although it hurts me to say, you did fine. You talked a lot and listened so don't worry. Now work on not being so filthy. I'll be uploading a video later, I recorded both long games, anyone have a preference as to which one?
    I agree on Felisc being a very caring comm!
    As to which video, I'm with airtekh; whatever brings more excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    What? When did I kill you yesterday? I killed a Fade on docking but I could've sworn it was someone else.
    It was more generally speaking... I can only say, that whenever I turned around a corner yesterday, was immidiately shot by someone with dead on aim and looked up at the frag messages it was good ol' airtekh.

Fun evening, sorry had to go so soon , sounds like I missed out on some cool games at the end there.

Sorry for being a bit naff, I think I'm a bit rusty. Also commanding was fun for a change as I haven't really done it before (as my 0 wins would attest to) so thanks to everyone in my team(s) for your patience as I herp derped through the interface.

I would very much like to see the vid where kwis murdered everyone as fade. Hell just a montage of him killing everyone would suffice.

<--Rammrool

Activated Node
    Felt real silly when I got ganked by two fades with my rail exo in the last game. I'll never walk alone between two bases again. Learning by claw to the face.

Kwis, what CPU and how much RAM do you have? Is a uber computer needed to host? Got a core i5 and 4 GB of RAM, IIRC. Should it do fine?

Just really depends on the i5 I guess I don't even know how far down they go with clockspeeds. The higher the clock speed, the better, so if you got some temperature headroom you might want to overclock. I'm not sure about RAM, I think 4GB should suffice though.
    I'm on an i5 as well, a 2500k oc'ed to 4.3GHz with 8MB RAM. When I run it as a server I turn down most settings and can keep a smooth framerate while the server stays at 30 ticks even at endgame. But when I remember correctly I did get some hick ups that sunday night where we were around 18 ppl.

Activated Node
    Apparently I have a i5-3570k, running at a regular 3.4 GHz. Might be able to host then, if I turn down the graphics. Ought to try to overclock, but too much of a bother. :P

Ok folks, I've put events for this week up on Steam.

Sadly I won't be in until very late on Thursday, so I might not be able to join you guys; if there's still people playing when I get home I might drop in for a game or two.

If not I'll see y'all on Sunday.

Activated Node
    Will be busy getting drunk tomorrow, but will make it to Sunday.

Curse you all!

Video is uploading as I type...150 minutes remaining though!

I might join njursten at the barn dance (comic release party? whatever), but if not I'll gladly bite your faces off.

Can't get the server to work though. Hunk of junk won't even boot up.

Hmm. We'll work something out for tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsB1BBI4GFo

Hey cool Sketch, thanks the vide...Argh NO it's me commanding !
    *crawls in a hole in shame*

actually this will be interesting, I'll be able to see all the things I did wrong.
    Also... why does this video display an onion picture ? Is this a reference to dark souls ?

I thought since you were commanding it was appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    Also... why does this video display an onion picture ?
    lol

Wow, thanks Sketch, I just watched the whole thing!

It was a nice slow game at the beginning which picked up towards the middle. We marines could have won this if we had pushed a little more once a hive was low on health; pretty early in the game we almost got Cargo and then Sub-Sector towards the end...
    Also: ARCs and MACs would have been a good res sink for you Felisc as well as some sentries to slow down the fades.
    Marine player of the match is definitely Balmark: great strategical positioning!

Now a few harsh words concerning your playstyle Mr. Sketch!
    Why are you always hiding behind stuff when you build?!!! Instead of positioning yourself in such a way as to be able to survey all the possible entrances to you location, you actually CRINGE behind that extractor (in hope noone can see you, I guess?)!
    You also run away like a decapitated chicken sometimes, even with a few shotgun shells left in your gun, only to have your bum bitten off! Stand your ground and fight like a marine, god dammit!
    If your performance won't improve over the next few sessions I'm afraid the clan has to consider your repudiation. I'm very sorry Sketch!

And to the alien comm: don't build whips this early and especially not at a place that is currently under attack.

That is all. Dismissed.
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 14-03-2013 at 09:33 AM.

wow. kwis is no joke. poor sketch. just imagine how he raises his kids, "YOU HAVE 9,23 SECONDS TO DRINK THAT SOUP, SON, ITS GETTING COLD".
    thankfully i know that deep inside his heart still glows a happy bavarian fellow.

as Kwis mentionned, Balmark did a fantastic job, while I was doing a poor job of noticing it; not my fault though, his mic didn't work. yes. not me. him. HIM.

What Kwis isn't factoring in here, is that SOME of us aren't genetically enhanced German supersoldiers raised on minced assault rifle and baby deer. But seriously I hide because I'm too bollocks to actually shoot anything dammit! My bum is perfectly in tact too >: (

Wow, I feel like a child that just stepped out of line.

I will not question my betters...I will not question my betters...I will not question my betters...

My sons only get cold soup, ICE cold and sprinkled with iron filings! Makes them tough!

Speaking of... They are still all having a nasty cold on the chest which made my planned snowboard trip to the dolomites fall flat, so... SIR, Reporting back to duty, SIR! I might hop into a few games tonight if things run smooth with the kids.

I'll drop by for a few games tonight, if I can refrain myself from killing sea monsters in the secret world.
    yay for ns2 !

Edit : ok, it seems i can't refrain myself. Die seamonster, die die !
    Last edited by Felisc; 14-03-2013 at 08:37 PM.