New year! new begining!

a new year! and new beginings! i was thinking of having a night to practice stuff? like have flight academys etc or grenade throwing techniques! the grenade one is for you guys mostly to stop me killing our own team! thoughts?
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

Banned
    Once the 2x XP event ends tommorow I think I'll quit.

whys that? D:
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

because hes grumpy and bitter.

But Im sure youll find RPS people on! Just not me, probably, as its still family duty and so on.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Banned
    Well the obvious answer is "because without 2x XP the game is a real grind and honestly 2x XP should be the default rate" but I guess "grumpy and bitter" works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Well the obvious answer is "because without 2x XP the game is a real grind and honestly 2x XP should be the default rate" but I guess "grumpy and bitter" works too.
    :D

just because you depend on certs to buy guns/equipment as well. I think the regular rate, with some money thrown in for good measure, playing with friends/peopleyoulike/peopleyoucanstand, is quite good.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Once the 2x XP event ends tommorow I think I'll quit.
    So you are farming XP... To give up, genius.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanstrak View Post
    a new year! and new beginings! i was thinking of having a night to practice stuff? like have flight academys etc or grenade throwing techniques! the grenade one is for you guys mostly to stop me killing our own team! thoughts?
    To get this thread back on topic: I'll assume, since I don't recognize your name from in-game, that you're primarily addressing the NC outfit? Still, I like the idea of doing some organized training sessions sometime. For instance, I was experimenting with the air reverse maneuver (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZxrvXzkit8) in a Scythe the other day, and got it down well enough to give potential pilots a few hints, if anyone's interested. Not that it has really helped me survive that long, but I'm just not very good at all the other skills an ESF pilot needs...

I suppose a few things could be said regarding tactics and loadouts for various classes/vehicles, maybe some teamplay tactics as well?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    So you are farming XP... To give up, genius.
    Ha!

Guilty as charged.

Good Morning Gentlemen,
    Some of us on the NC Wednesday romp discovered that there was a hex bombing exploit running around causing entire factions to crash to desktop.
    I have eagerly been looking into this and have found on the official forums something posted by a user MrBond. Here is what he had to say

New info Veratu

According to Exolus this is a crash related to the sound system for the game, lowering the sound quality from 48khz to 44.1khz prevents the crash from happening

Right now there is three theories on how this is done

1. Sunderer bug - This one is widely reported as "How to do the crash" because the sunderer explodes or something in a certain way and it crashes the HEX for 30 seconds

2. Liberator bug - Second most reported, along with the new info from Exolus this might be how they are doing it. It has something to do with Liberators explode in a certain way and causes the crash, according to Exolus its something to do with the sound system in the game.

3. C4 bug - Heard this mentioned about 10+ times across reddit and 4chan on "How do crash the Hex" but no specifics given

If what Exolus says is true, all 3 of these things could be what triggers the HEX crash if you can make the sound system screw up in a specfic range.

Also another "Safety" I have heard of is that if you are in your spawn room when a HEX crashes, you aren't hit by the exploit

One thing across few of these reports I have read though is that in order to crash the team, you have to be part of that team IE - To crash NC you need to be on NC for example. But from what I have been reading and researching, this might not be true, when the crash exploit happens it crashes every single person in the HEX period. I don't know about the spawn room "Safety" thing though

Also from what I am reading, when this crash happens, its some pseudo exploit
    It's to this end that I suggest that in future ops and jaunts to advise our Freedom Fighters and Techno Testudos to make the recommended change to their audio settings and see if this avoids the crash.

Also, is it possible for me to get new thread posting rights? I just bunged this onto an end of another thread and somehow I think it might need a thread of it's own.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Sigh. Well, will try to reduce sound quality and hope it won't make NC guns sound like toy guns as other factions do.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

thats ok, as soon as you guys start aiming, itll make a difference
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYy73JDmQuQ

I'll just leave this here

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehe, we talked about this practice yesterday, actually. That one was very well pulled off, I must say!