Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Well, that was a brilliant time sink... one of the better roguelikes I have played in a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Ah cheers Dubbill, endless dungeon does feel kind of like the way to go, rather than repeating the same quests ad finitum. Having said that, I unlocked a temporal whatsit and a 'Wyrmic' both of which sound quite entertaining, so I might keep the files as they are for now.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Fantastic game, this one. The interface is a joy, and it seems to be a fairly deep roguelike (though I haven't played much yet). Less character than Dredmor, but more satisfying mechanics (I had forgotten I could move diagonally in most roguelikes, heh).

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    That's a pretty impressive effort for basically a one-man team.

Only played the tutorial but it looks potentially great. Thanks for sharing this.
    O48

So laid back I'm aslee..zzzzzz

I still really like the game, but man, screw the sandworm lair.

Activated Node
    Ya sandworm is a pain.

Glad some of you are enjoying the game, the more the merrier in the chat :).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I prefer to turn off everything in the chat apart from character deaths, it's quite entertaining to watch an uninterrupted stream of failure.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Is there a way to quick sell? I pick up quite a lot of junk and selling it manually is annoying - like hold control and just click to sell instead of confirming every item?

I quite like it. It hasn't quite clicked for me. I think I want to know more about the mechanics. Should probably play the second tutorial but I thought I'd just dive in like I used to. I just stare at the levelup screen not knowing what to pick though. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    Is there a way to quick sell? I pick up quite a lot of junk and selling it manually is annoying - like hold control and just click to sell instead of confirming every item?

I quite like it. It hasn't quite clicked for me. I think I want to know more about the mechanics. Should probably play the second tutorial but I thought I'd just dive in like I used to. I just stare at the levelup screen not knowing what to pick though. :)
    I don't know of a quick sell method, but if you follow the Old Forest/Lake Nur quest right to the end you get something much better than a quick sell feature. And once you've done it with one character, the Something is available to all future characters from birth.

The second tutorial is immensely helpful, and actually fun. Play it.

I also tend to only pick up blue items and above, if I'm not going to use them.

Still struggling with my alchemist in the sandworm lair. Getting separated from my golem is way too painful.

edit: can you do Lake Nur immediately after you clear Old Forest, or should you level up a bit first?
    Last edited by Faldrath; 06-01-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I did Nur after Old Forest, wouldn't recommend it, as it's rock hard. An item that gives you water breathing makes it easier, but some of the rare/uniques and the boss hurt a lot. On the other hand, the reward is well worth it. In sandworm lair, some kind of teleportation spell is basically a requirement, either rune or from general talents. I died there on my first character (berzerker) because I had not worked this out.
    Last edited by Jockie; 06-01-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I kept Old Forest as my last second-tier dungeon so I was in good shape to tackle Nur, but I had a water-breathing item, I imagine it would be annoying without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    In sandworm lair, some kind of teleportation spell is basically a requirement, either rune or from general talents. I died there on my first character (berzerker) because I had not worked this out.
    Yeah, I can survive the cave-ins, but if I get separated from my golem i'm basically screwed.

edit: oh my god, I'm so freaking dumb. Invoke Golem works...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dreadmasters are horrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Omigod, can't believe I played to level 29 of an archmage before noticing that Arcane Eye is amazing. Sees in a radius of 5 without light, costs basically no mana, can be placed quite far away from you, and mostly importantly, no line of sight required to the square you're placing it to. So you can look inside vaults.

My level 15 alchemist died his final, stupid, death by getting swarmed by 5 monsters (including a rare) who destroyed his poor little golem, and then using the tried and true tactic of teleporting away... into another swarm of monsters. It was so tragically funny that I wasn't *too* upset.

Probably going to try a melee class next. I unlocked the Cursed during my playthrough, will be either that or the Bulwark.
    Last edited by Faldrath; 07-01-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Just started playing last night, managed to not level up at all between levels 2 and 7 on my first run and then never level my golem until 9 on my second before almost immediately entering a temporal rift (?) and being quickly slaughtered by horrible monsters way past my level.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Here's why this is the greatest game ever made: if you kill yourself while playing a halfling, you get the achievement "Fool of a Took".

Enjoying the summoner way more than I expected, made it to level 10 even!

This is also killing my xmas sales resolution to only buy shit because I was going to play it now, guess there's always next month.