Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Forum - you have let me down - there a things you didn't tell me about!!

First thing - the Minecraft Documentary. OK, I knew it existed but why, in a place so deep in Minecraft even the cables are square, didn't someone tell me how GORGEOUS the packaging and extras were!!??

http://www.fangamer.net/products/min...tory-of-mojang

I can't even remember anyone commenting on whether it's worth the watch (I'm not a big fan of stuff like this - but I make the odd exception!) :)

Hell, that's a reversible cover I'd wear out as I'd never decide which side I preferred!!!!!

Then there's this - I can't believe someone didn't mention it was available so I guess I missed it - is it shit or something?

http://www.beamdog.com/products/bald...hanced-edition

The iPad version looks a bit questionable at this point - I have my doubts you could make a fiddly game like BG work on a touchscreen anyway but has anyone tried either version/could compare them to the originals!?!?

There's probably loads of other lovely gaming-related-lucre I've missed too - there'll be a 'Chester' T Shirt or something like that!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh and THEN I hit the 'Shop' link a Fangamer and it's like my bank account got emptied INSTANTLY

Now I know why you didn't tell me about it :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Not really sure why you'd want a documentary about Minecraft, I mean the development process was very well covered since whenever Notch sneezes every gaming news site instantly reports on it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Not really sure why you'd want a documentary about Minecraft, I mean the development process was very well covered since whenever Notch sneezes every gaming news site instantly reports on it.
    I'm a massive sucker for things I'm even peripherally interested in when they're packaged beautifully :)

I miss LPs - taking the thing out of the sleeve was part of the whole experience - all I can get to replace it is a fancy DVD/CD cover, it's not enough but it's all I can get :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'm a massive sucker for things I'm even peripherally interested in when they're packaged beautifully :)
    I here there's a trjp born every minute.

That said, the second topic - Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition - has been mentioned on more than one occasion on the main site.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    My understanding is that BG:EE is worth it is you want to play on a tablet/pad thing. Otherwise for the price you can get BG1 and BG2, mod them together with all the fixpacks and have the perfect experience there. In fact I hear the EE has more bugs than you would get doing this, just because in trying to fix some problems other problems appear.
    The new characters fit in well with the others in BG1, but seeing as NPCs in that game have little-to-no story/depth you aren't gaining much. And the arena mode is seperate to the main game instead of being a sidequest or anything like that.
    Of course, if you're a big BG fan and want to encourage these devs to keep at it and do their best with BG2:EE then it may be worth it.