Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

Nanite of the Living Dead 2014

Okay, new thread for this year.

Metting on Mondaday 13th October at 20:00 BST in our Mumble.

RPS and RTRS members who would like to help out with the event, please try to make this time.

I've also posted on Reddit to try and drum up support. Others will be helping us out.

We will

1. Decide what day: 30th, 31st or 1st

2. Make clear the rules.

3. Brief all ZombieCommanders and then I'll write up a ZombieCommander brief to be given to all those helping us on the night.

I want this kept short and to the point. We've done this twice, we know how it works. Things like continent(s) get decided on the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'll also be there. I'm happy to herd zombies, too, btw, but my herding may be punctuated by brief afk because there are loads of kids in my neighbourhood and my computer's right by the front door -.-
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The date is important. I won't make the 1st, but the other two work.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

As much as it would be nice to have it on the day, I think having it on Halloween itself would mean a lot of folk missing it due to having kids/going to parties/going out (especially as it's on a Friday night).

Yeah, the 31st would eliminate anyone with commitments. 30th would probably be pretty good.

How long is the meeting expected to last? Wondering if I should push the silly Monday over to Tuesday to avoid clashing.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    How long is the meeting expected to last? Wondering if I should push the silly Monday over to Tuesday to avoid clashing.
    Since it's prime time, and we'll have a lot of people there - would move it.

I'd bee happy to, but I can't make a new character to put Zombie in the name; I've uzed all 3 of my slotz.
    That'z what people had to do last time I hear? Will it bee the same this time?
    Pretty much all 3 of theze are NSFW sometimez. Also very political. Also I'm a prideful, boasting bee about a lot of stuff.

Twitter; https://twitter.com/Succubee94
    Steam; http://steamcommunity.com/id/SophiaButler/
    Tumblr; http://sophia-butler.tumblr.com/
    Ingame; SophiaButler VS, SophiaTraitler NC, SophiaBuTRler TR.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    If only there was some kind of way to get a second account for free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Well as far as I know you can just make another SOE account and log into the launcher with that one? As far as I know I do even have one laying around
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Yes, characters's names should begin with Zombie.

The outfit system makes things a bit easier this time. It should be possible to set a Zombie outfit up to automatically accept any requests to join (and then just one person to admin it and kick anyone without a zombie name). Having all Zombies in an outfit should make creating platoons as well as Maelstrome's stats much easier.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Okay:

NOTLD 2014 will take place on Saturay 1st November at 20:00 UTC / 21:00 CET for two hours.

Vlad from LCTH produced a great poster for his outfit last year, and he's kindly agreed to re-write it for this year to use. Which is good.

I will email all the commanders who signed up on the sheet tomorrow with instructions on how to help out. I'll re-post that info here.

Mostly, I need as many of you as possible on Mumble at least 1/2 an hour before the event to help set things up.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Damn, I really regret buying the slasher knife with certs now.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Activated Node
    Had to dash from the meeting before it even started, I haven't had much sleep these past few days because of some pet issues, but I'd very much like to volunteer as a ZombieLeader! In fact going to be certing up the character now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

I will email all the commanders who signed up on the sheet tomorrow with instructions on how to help out. I'll re-post that info here.
    I don't know where this sheet is(I was wondering last night how you would have emails) but am willing to PL/SL as required. Can PM my email if that is helpful?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah nice, I didn't realise there was a form either. Should we be signing up through it as well, or is it good enough to just be in touch on the forums?

edit: Just realised that the post is on the second page of r/millerplanetside. Maelstrome said they had stickied it, but clearly it is stickied no longer. Also waiting to check my availability before signing up through the form...
    Last edited by Rizlar; 14-10-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Cheers Cephas, I should check the reddit a little more often.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kreggurree View Post
    I should check the reddit a little more often.
    I recommend against this :/