Page 7 of 318 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TehK View Post
    erm... sorry... noob here. What does ADS mean?

Apart from not knowing abbreviations, I bought the GD-F7 and for me personally this feels way better than the standard carbine. I think it has a lot to do with personal preferences.
    ADS = Aim Down Sights.

Banned
    To all the people complaining about the colors: What's your Graphics setting? I'm fairly certain anything but High results in the game using a 16-bit color palette.

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    ADS = Aim Down Sights.
    Ah thanks a lot. Now it all makes sense

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    This is very true, as last night's run again made me realise. Charlie and Delta squad colours were very difficult to tell apart for me on a quick glance and I had to ask several times where I was supposed to go (which was a bit embarrassing).
    Hell i cant really tell the difference between charlie and non platoon members, ontop of that sometimes i have a hard time seeing if its platoon members and enemies at a quick glance because the yellow/red/orange colours... Really hope the new patch will let me pick something that i can actually reliably identify quickly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    The brown color for delta and brown color for bravo is close to identical. Worst design decision ever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The Vanu standard pistol is a big bag of arse. No idea about the TR one because I'd rather chew my hands off than be a TR, but I've played a little NC with the heroic RPS NC squad (they call me a tourist), and it's laughable how much better their pistol is. Combine a pistol that's actually useful with a default sniper gun that actually kills people, and there's a world of difference between being an NC infiltrator and a Vanu one.

And I agree the squad colours are annoyingly poorly differentiated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Indeed. Most of my time is played as an NC infiltrator. I find the other infiltrators close to unplayable, their weapons are so feeble. The relatively few times I'm killed by another infiltrator (relative to the number of times they've taken their shot and I've wheeled around and killed them before they can take the other three they'll need to finish me), it's usually a TR one with the burst fire pistol.

I wasn't even aware there were different squad colours.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    The Vanu standard pistol is a big bag of arse. No idea about the TR one because I'd rather chew my hands off than be a TR, but I've played a little NC with the heroic RPS NC squad (they call me a tourist), and it's laughable how much better their pistol is. Combine a pistol that's actually useful with a default sniper gun that actually kills people, and there's a world of difference between being an NC infiltrator and a Vanu one.

And I agree the squad colours are annoyingly poorly differentiated.
    Get the Manticore, it's basically the same as the NC pistol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Speaking about bases and tunnels under them. I really would like a bunker-like base ala biolab, but underground and with more tunnels.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Get the Manticore, it's basically the same as the NC pistol.
    great, so I dont mind putting down 700 SC for it. So a manticore with a laser sight or a silencer, is the question? (no flashlight, thanks)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    great, so I dont mind putting down 700 SC for it. So a manticore with a laser sight or a silencer, is the question? (no flashlight, thanks)
    You can use both, can't you? I haven't got either for mine yet, too busy stuffing certs into explosives and engineer/medic tools. And Magrider. And everything else. That said, I don't think the silencer is worth it unless you spend a lot of time either as an infil or as an LA with a silenced main weapon.
    Last edited by Orius; 11-01-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Banned
    One attachment per slot, so... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    You can use both, can't you? I haven't got either for mine yet, too busy stuffing certs into explosives and engineer/medic tools. And Magrider. And everything else. That said, I don't think the silencer is worth it unless you spend a lot of time either as an infil or as an LA with a silenced main weapon.
    well I got the artemis scout rifle for my inf, so I dont really need the pistol that much anymore. So it should be a good backup weapon.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Ah, well in that case... I feel it's accurate enough for my uses for now anyway, I guess you'll have to try it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    All I remember is that I didn't have any trouble using barrel attachments side by side with rail stuff back in beta. They must have changed it since then.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I know silencers/flash suppressors are different slots to laser pointers/front grips/underbarrels on carbines/rifles and so both a silencer and laser pointer can be used on them at the same time.

Will have to log in to double check pistols but thought it the same setup.

edit: confirmed, NC default pistol has two slots, one barrel slot whose only option is a silencer and one rail slot which can take either a torch or a laser pointer.

edit 2: exactly same deal with all purple people eater pistols too.
    Last edited by MiniMatt; 11-01-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Good things that gunships add to the game:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
    edit: confirmed, NC default pistol has two slots, one barrel slot whose only option is a silencer and one rail slot which can take either a torch or a laser pointer.
    Are you fucking serious?

SOE brings down the quality hammer once again.

[Edit]Disregard that, I suck cocks - I could've sworn they were listed under same category, but seems like they're not.
    Last edited by Mohorovicic; 11-01-2013 at 08:33 PM.

It seems there are some smaller patches coming in before the "great update":
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...1-12-13.78444/

First of all, quite some AA love

[Edit]
    After having a tea, I'm now not sure if all the AA buffs with the additional nerf to the nano armour isn't a bit too much.
    Last edited by TehK; 12-01-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TehK View Post
    It seems there are some smaller patches coming in before the "great update":
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...1-12-13.78444/

First of all, quite some AA love
    Indeed, quite a changelog!

From the forums, for those that don't make the hop:
    General

• Bonus of Composite armor for ESF reduced by 5% each rank (10/15/20/25 down from 15/20/25/30)
    • Base time to reload increased by approximately 25% for tank HE
    • Fixed an issue where lock-on rockets and missiles would sometimes not damage the target they hit
    • Fixed bug with Lightning 100mm AP where its outer radius was set to high
    • Reduced amount of decelerating that occurs after afterburning
    • Acceleration of Reaver afterburner increased
    • Addressing a server memory issue

Flak Mechanics Changes

• We now remove the flak projectile when it bursts near an enemy aircraft. Previously the projectile was allowed a chance to continue and strike the aircraft directly, which would deal additional damage (burst damage + direct hit damage). We have increased burst damage to compensate for the loss of direct hit damage. This should result in an overall increase to flak damage and make it more consistent

Skyguard

• Flak burst damage increased by 20%
    • Direct hit damage against infantry and other targets increased
    • Turret movement is now slightly smoother

Phalanx AA

• Flak burst damage increased by 14%
    • Turret movement is now slightly smoother

MAX Burster

• Flak burst damage increased by 6%
    • Burster projectile adjusted to more reliably hit infantry that are in close range
    • Direct hits with the MAX Burster can no longer damage the heavy armor of tanks, Sunderers and Phalanx Turrets

Some AA love, indeed! Good changes all around.

I'm somewhat miffed though about the increase in reload time for HE tank guns, but at least that means we now stand a chance against those double barreled Prowlers. And the reduction for nano armour for ESFs makes the case for Stealth even more compelling. But I wish they had also increased bullet velocity for the Skyguard.

And I'm curious how the buff vs inf for burster MAXs will play out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Some AA love, indeed! Good changes all around.

I'm somewhat miffed though about the increase in reload time for HE tank guns, but at least that means we now stand a chance against those double barreled Prowlers. And the reduction in nano armour effectiveness for ESFs makes the case for Stealth even more compelling. But I wish they had also increased bullet velocity for the Skyguard.

And I'm curious how the buff vs inf for burster MAXs will play out. Since they seem to be a bit more effective vs inf, it makes sense now to be always traveling with two burster MAXs in a Sunderer. Even if they get surprised by inf, they are still somewhat effective. And the increase in Flak damage means that the moment a mossie or a lib appears, hop out, and let them have it. When attacking a facility, just change to AI MAX.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 12-01-2013 at 10:55 AM.