Page 8 of 317 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Since they seem to be a bit more effective vs inf, it makes sense now to be always traveling with two burster MAXs in a Sunderer.
    seems like the way it should be, to me. It should pay off to bring bursters in the sundy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    No changes to libs yet, though. It baffles me that they nerfed the tank HE gun before the Zepher. Never thought of that as such big a deal. And the ESFs got a bit more fragile. Libs are damn hard to bring down, even in an ESF. It takes a volley of rockets and at least two mags to shoot them down. ESFs should be an air superiority vehicle. Right now the only thing that can reliably shoot down a lib is another lib or a Galaxy with a sufficient disregard for its personal safety. I guess we'll have to wait for the rest of the announced changes to roll out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Great AA changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TehK View Post
    [Edit]
    After having a tea, I'm now not sure if all the AA buffs with the additional nerf to the nano armour isn't a bit too much.
    Well, the direction they're taking IMHO is that ESFs should be air superiority fighters foremost, and only occasionally hit targets of opportunity on the ground. Which I think is good. But the thing is that ESFs aren't that good at air superiority. It is damn hard to shoot a lib down. A lib with a Tank Buster, Shredder, Walker and High-G chasis is a better overall air superiority platform ATM. Even a Dalton/Zepher lib can take down ESFs with one hit, if it turns on its belly.

Also, what does this mean for Gal drops?
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 12-01-2013 at 11:56 AM.

But really, if you're regularly getting taken down by Libs in an ESF you probably need a bit of practice.
    Most of my kills in a Lib against ESF's has either been one flying straight at my so I take it down easily with the Tankbuster when i'm piloting, or another flying right up our arse as I man the Bulldog in the rear and laugh when they go down in two quick hits.

A decent ESF pilot will use their key advantage - manoeuvrability - to stop the gunner or pilot getting an easy shot on you. Two ESF's will make this easy.

Think about it, 2 people in one lib vs 2 in an ESF and the ESF's should win or at least scare the Lib into limping back to their warpgate every time.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Love the changes to the Skyguard, now i might actually be usefull if the enemy air has buggered off... Always annoyed the hell out of me that the skyguard did basically no damage to infantry even if you managed to hit them.

Banned
    Now that's what I call a patch.

Libs need to have their max flight ceiling lowered by a 100 meters or so. This way the ESFs will be able to actually bring the pain to them by attacking them from the most vulnerable angle(top).

Higby tweeted about a new patch for today. Ladies and gents, for you edification and pleasure, may I present to you the Lib Nerf:
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/291047889956921345

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/291048951405219841

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Higby tweeted about a new patch for today. Ladies and gents, for you edification and pleasure, may I present to you the Lib Nerf:
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/291047889956921345

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/291048951405219841
    Oh dear. nooooo! eva!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I don't mind there being really effective weapons out there (such as libs, HE tanks, rocket pods), that it really pays to have counters to, but one liberator is just a bit too difficult to handle without having 2-3 dual Burster MAXes, and I wonder if that isn't a little too much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I think Libs just have a bit too much health. You have to work on those suckers for a good minute as ESF.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Libs for what they can do definitely have too much health. It takes at least 2-3 burster MAX units to be in with a chance to take one down. 1 MAX on it's own wont even prove to be a deterrent to the Lib as the pilot and crew can do their run easily, take little damage, repair it up and come back for more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Libs need health and/or armour reduced, certainly, and either splash damage lowered or reload times increased. It takes three or four rockets to bring one down, and you'll be lucky if you even get one shot off, let alone have it hit. Infantry are just completely powerless against them. Heavy tanks are a pain in the arse, but at least they can be fought, and being killed by a jet is annoying, but they can only attack in one spot, and are vulnerable while they do.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The problem is if libs cannot take a beating they cannot perform the role, that is bomb unprotected tanks and infantry. 1 Burster should never, ever be able to hold of a Liberator, just like 1 single ESF should not ever be able to kill or severely damage a Liberator in one pass. The only real problem with the liberators is that they do have too much of a free pass at max height since most AA lose effectiveness at range while the dalton and zephyr does not lose any effectiveness (apart from infantry not rendering), and that their guns are too multi purpose. If they retooled the Zephyr to be a pure HE weapon with very low damage to heavy armor and the Dalton to a hard hitting armor piercing shot with virtually no splash. The Liberator would not be able to just engage everything on the ground.

Liberators should however be much more expensive resource wise so that if you do manage to kill one, that player should not be able to grab a new one as soon as the cooldown is up. Liberators could also be connected to a certain type of base like heavy armor and techplants. However just limiting the spawn like the heavy tanks would not have much effect since it is easy to bring one from the warp gate, but if they had reduced ammo capacity and had to refill at dedicated airbases meaning they could not stick around for ages and keep bombing, and there would be a tactical choice in aiming for the enemy airbases, cutting them off from rearming. If a lib suddenly had to fly halfway across the continent to rearm they would be easier targets for ESFs patrolling and they would not be able to completely carpet-bomb a bases for a whole battle.

Just nerfing Liberator health so a single dual-burster max could kill or make it run away would be just stupid, especially since burstermaxes are so easy to come by... jump out of your sundie, poof instant 3-4 burster maxes.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Libs need to have a certain amount of health to be able to perform their role, that is bomb the crap out of tanks/infantry. A single max/ESF should not be able to kill or deal enough damage to prevent the liberator from unloading a couple of shots and dealing damage to their target. Especially the MAX since burster maxes can pretty much instantly pop up anywhere there are sundies or bases. However the problem with Liberators is that they have too much staying power and too much of a "free-pass" when at max height. AA gets worse the further away a target is, while the Zephyr and Dalton does not really loose any of their damage potential with range (except that infantry will not render), that coupled with the anti-everything capabilities of the Zephyr and Dalton is one of the major problems.

If the Dalton got reduced splash to really only be a anti tank gun while the zephyr lost most of its armor piercing damage a single Liberator would not be able to counter both skyguards and maxes. If the Liberator also got reduced ammo capacity so it would have to fly away and reload more often they would not be able to just hang around over the battlefield for extended periods either which would reduce their "camping/farming" ability.

What I would also like to see is liberators being tied to a certain type of base, much like heavy tanks need a techlab. Now preventing people from spawning liberators at the frontline would be pointless since they can fly all the way from the warpgate pretty quickly anyway, but if a Liberator were forced to rearm at certain air-bases or warpgate together with their reduced ammo it would be very important to keep the "air-bases" on your side so you could resupply your Liberators and it would be extremely useful for the enemy to take your air-bases.

Generally I would like to see more usage of the different bases, preferably with components you can destroy, so you can do commando raids behind enemy lines and destroy ammo towers/pads etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Destroying stuff means - repairing stuff, that means, needing supply to repair. I'd really hate, that ammo towers were just be a repair job for engie crew with their beamdevices. I wish, that losing something like that, would require you to bring supplies to repair ammo containers from warpgate or techlabs.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Destroying stuff means - repairing stuff, that means, needing supply to repair. I'd really hate, that ammo towers were just be a repair job for engie crew with their beamdevices. I wish, that losing something like that, would require you to bring supplies to repair ammo containers from warpgate or techlabs.
    Adding a repair and supply system would add a depth to the game (and all the shouting about "Nubz only wanna kill stuf, no1 is supplyz"), imagine convoying your (hover-)transit vans between stations, under attack by ESFs and rocket launchers.

"Can I resupply at Esia Tech?"
    "Nah, mate, can't get the parts until Tuesday."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    Adding a repair and supply system would add a depth to the game (and all the shouting about "Nubz only wanna kill stuf, no1 is supplyz"), imagine convoying your (hover-)transit vans between stations, under attack by ESFs and rocket launchers.
    The much-maligned ANT system might work in PS2 where squads could harrass supply lines:

http://planetside.station.sony.com/h....vm?handle=2.7
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Banned
    ANT could easily be AI controlled vehicles moving up the roads.

Or hell, even simply a function of connected territory. Just like you get no resources from a territory that is not connected to your Warpgate, any territory that is not connected to your Warpgate starts a 15 minute timer after which it "runs out of juice" and everything stops working(and it takes 15 minutes of it being connected to get it back to 100% again).

Sure would make Crown fights more interesting.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Or hell, even simply a function of connected territory. Just like you get no resources from a territory that is not connected to your Warpgate, any territory that is not connected to your Warpgate starts a 15 minute timer after which it "runs out of juice" and everything stops working(and it takes 15 minutes of it being connected to get it back to 100% again).

Sure would make Crown fights more interesting.
    That's probably the best solution I've heard so far. Right now territories not connected have virtually no disadvantage to the connected ones. Having a timer on supplies would force people to try reconnecting. Right now there's almost no incentive to do so. Especially at The Crown. While half of both enemy factions are trying to storm it, you can go cap other territories that will provide more resources.