Page 9 of 276 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just having a connection shouldn't be enough, you should need a "good" connection, basically what influence does now. The lower your influence is the harder it should be to hold/take. Not just captimes but spawn timers for infantry and vehicles.

Yes it should be possible to do a epic last stand and try to hold a base until reinforcements can secure a connection but it should be harder. Because right now the continent map really doesn't have much of an impact on a battle which sort of removes the strategic element to the war. Cutting deep into enemy territory should have penalties, just as being able to cap around an enemy stronghold should have bonuses.

Next Patch with nerfs to Lib-weapons and cool fixes for the rendering distance of the Max (woohoo) and the Jumpjet bug (weeeeeee!)
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...16-2013.79867/

Well... you can say what you like, but after they returned from their well earned winter holiday, they're getting quite some stuff done.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wonder what the tuned viewing ranges of IR scopes mean. Maybe there will finally be a difference between the scopes? Or is it just a straight up nerf with reduced ranges?

Must say the changes to the dalton and zephyr is kinda disappointing Would rather see that they focused the zephyr and daltons roles into anti tank and anti infantry so a single lib cannot hit everything.

Network Hub
    "Dalton projectiles now have more gravity when fired."

The worlds first physics defying perpetual motion system was discovered today as Isaac Newton spontaneously started spinning in his grave

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
    "Dalton projectiles now have more gravity when fired."

The worlds first physics defying perpetual motion system was discovered today as Isaac Newton spontaneously started spinning in his grave
    Maybe it means they sound more serious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Like this bit about the Zepher: "The inner damage blast radius, where maximum damage occurs, has been reduced from 4 meters to 1.5".

It seems like the only change that will actually make them less of an "instant death for entire base" system. Not convinced it's enough, but then it could work much better in practice than on paper, so we'll see I guess.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    It seems like the only change that will actually make them less of an "instant death for entire base" system. Not convinced it's enough, but then it could work much better in practice than on paper, so we'll see I guess.
    Well since G2A missiles was fixed and AA boosted Liberators really aren't the death machines they used to be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Well since G2A missiles was fixed and AA boosted Liberators really aren't the death machines they used to be.
    Yeah, I was notably less bothered by them yesterday than I remember being in the past. Circumstancial evidence at best, certainly, but still.

Also: "Jump Jets should no longer function intermittently" Yes!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Maybe it means they sound more serious.
    Hal Douglas to get the voice over work for heavy ordnance and Joe Pasquale for lasers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Those range nerfs on IR + no shared spotting over 150m + render distance "bug" is going to make air completely pointless. A2G will be no longer. I have absolutely no idea how I will ever spot infantry ever again as a Scythe, not without risking my life every time at least (since they will render in from nowhere and I have to spot them manually, without IR).

I guess they want ESFs to not attack infantry, and libs to not be powerful against infantry. I can see why they'd change the latter I guess.
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 17-01-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I think this would be less of a problem if SOE would build proper AI and AV weapons. Not weapons that are death traps for everything and then have to be nerfed into the ground because they cannot be balanced, as they are broken by design.
    But I doubt they will ever learn/see that. It's not like this hasn't been debated during beta again and again, especially in combination with the low ttk. But well, maybe they will come around eventually. They finally started to see that base design is crap after people complained during beta numerous times and noone seemed to care.

But I cannot wait for the shared XP stuff. Was standing on the tower yesterday nearly the whole fight as double burster max, driving off all those Libs and ESFs. And all I got was 4000 score per hour...
    Last edited by bonkers; 17-01-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ridebird the 150m is "shared" spots, not the distance you can spot. So you have to within 150m of the friendly doing the spotting to get their spot info. So you should be able to spot for yourself in the scythe just fine.

Just hope they do not nerf liberators too much, instead they could increase their cost so its like yesterday on Esamir, if you spawn a lib you are out of resources for quite a while. The liberators need to be powerful, they need to be "O-shit they have liberators!". This is a combined arms game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yeah, I usually rely on shared spots to see where I should strike.. But I guess I could spot myself as well, but I'm very likely to get shot down before infantry renders in.

Frankly, none of these nerfs would have been any issue at all if they just fixed the fucking render distance where you can spot/see/hit infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Just hope they do not nerf liberators too much, instead they could increase their cost so its like yesterday on Esamir, if you spawn a lib you are out of resources for quite a while. The liberators need to be powerful, they need to be "O-shit they have liberators!". This is a combined arms game.
    The problem with that is everyone can spawn a liberator. If there are 30 people attacking, they can spawn 30 liberators, and/or just keep cycling them for however long it takes for the resources to come back.

which reminds me: scythe radars, yay or nay? because I have one on my scythe, which is a bomber, but only the first level, and I might be talked into upping it to 150m if its a good thing.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Like this bit about the Zepher: "The inner damage blast radius, where maximum damage occurs, has been reduced from 4 meters to 1.5".
    This is a long standing bug. It was noticed in the game files a couple motnhs ago.

PS2 uses a very simple system; rather than any kind of "distance from centre of blast" calculation, basically, all "splash damage" weapons have two radii: One for the core explosion that deals max damage and then a concentric circle that deals anywhere from 1/3 to 1/8 of the max damage. For a long time both of the Zephyr's radii deal max damage.

The lasher had a very similar problem; the decimal point for the damage multiplier for the outside circle was in the wrong place. How the fuck it's taken this long to fix typing errors I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

The lasher had a very similar problem; the decimal point for the damage multiplier for the outside circle was in the wrong place. How the fuck it's taken this long to fix typing errors I dunno.
    does that mean the lasher is actually useful now?
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    which reminds me: scythe radars, yay or nay? because I have one on my scythe, which is a bomber, but only the first level, and I might be talked into upping it to 150m if its a good thing.
    Once / if the minimap is better than the whole radar game will be incredibly useful. Things like Lightnings with the radar, flahes, the infil's slot three and scythe radar will give a real edge.

Currently they are useful; and worth certing in if you wanna use your scythe to support rather than be a lone wolf; but the poor quality of the minimap means it's not as useful as could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Once / if the minimap is better than the whole radar game will be incredibly useful. Things like Lightnings with the radar, flahes, the infil's slot three and scythe radar will give a real edge.

Currently they are useful; and worth certing in if you wanna use your scythe to support rather than be a lone wolf; but the poor quality of the minimap means it's not as useful as could be.
    I see. Ill maybe invest in either more mines for my engie, mines for my inf, or a better rep tool (then Ill have it at max) Lets see how the radar thing pans out.
    - Tom De Roeck.