Page 13 of 297 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    "Instant Action will now send players to areas with more combat."

Oh god, yes! That really got on my nerves lately.

Network Hub
    • Forcing the missile to hit something else
    Last night a very lucky (I won't say talented because I still killed him immediately after the event) Reaver pilot managed to duck behind one of our Liberators, causing my missile to hit said Liberator.

Best example of dodging a missile I have seen so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    "Lock on rockets and missiles should now hit more frequently and are harder to dodge."

There is still hope...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

Hotfix 24 jan 2013

EDIT: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...24-2013.83213/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1769ko/hotfix_1242013

EDIT:
    A New Weapon is now Available! The G40-F Ranger will make that Reaver pilot think twice about strafing your tank.

A30 Walker:

The Walker has been adjusted in the following ways:

• Projectile Speed has been increased.
    • Fire Rate has been increased.
    • General firing and accuracy has been adjusted.
    • Damage has been increased against aircraft.
    • Damage has been reduced against Infantry and Armor.
    • Ammo capacity has been increased 50%
    • Certification for Ammunition Capacity have been adjusted to only add +5 to magazine instead of +10.

Last edited by EsotericReverie; 24-01-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Banned
    The Ranger is, reportedly, basically the normal MAX AA gun. One.

Also note that the Walker is A30, not G30. So, the one on Galaxy/Liberator. Unless SOE fucked up the name.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So a flak cannon... thats... well umm why would we need skyguards? That sounds like the stupidest addon they could do O.o.

Tanks should not ever have flak cannons, they are supposed to be weak against air. ESFs and Liberators should completely destroy an unprotected tank collumn.

Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Also note that the Walker is A30, not G30. So, the one on Galaxy/Liberator. Unless SOE fucked up the name.
    Posters on the reddit thread seem to find that the G30 too got buffed, but I haven't verified that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Really hope both were buffed, would be rather daft otherwise. But that also brings up the question why even add the new aa gun? They now have two fairly weak AA guns for tanks that are mainly a deterrent not something to kill air with. Its not like the Walker will be better against ESFs than the Ranger... They need to make the guns serve different purposes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    But that also brings up the question why even add the new aa gun?
    Because every QuantaCat out there is going to give SOE $7 every time they release a new gun?

1. Take already existing weapon
    2. Move some numbers around in the data files - five, ten minutes tops
    3. Don't even bother changing the graphics/sounds, your audience won't notice/care
    4. Release as a $7/1000 cert unlock
    5. PROFIT

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Really hope both were buffed, would be rather daft otherwise. But that also brings up the question why even add the new aa gun? They now have two fairly weak AA guns for tanks that are mainly a deterrent not something to kill air with. Its not like the Walker will be better against ESFs than the Ranger... They need to make the guns serve different purposes.
    apparently the new gun is the equivalent of 1 burster arm, and according to the data miners both walkers have been buffed. either way, i see anything but the saron as a bit pointless on the tank, but maybe some *really* need more AA on their tank.

So a flak cannon... thats... well umm why would we need skyguards? That sounds like the stupidest addon they could do O.o.

Tanks should not ever have flak cannons, they are supposed to be weak against air. ESFs and Liberators should completely destroy an unprotected tank collumn.

Bah.
    Well, it COULD make sense IF SOE would nerf the AV damage of AI tank guns. So every tank setup would have a weak point.
    But it's not like SOE has a great track record in the balancing department.

And for the Skyguard. Well, I can only come to the conclusion that SOE deems the Lightning to be a "We dont have a techplant close by"-tank and not a viable choice on it's own. There have been plenty of good ideas what to do with the Lightning during beta and after that, but I have never heared or seen anyone from SOE adressing it.
    Last edited by bonkers; 24-01-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Agreed that weapons needs to be more focused on a specific target. AI tank guns should have very weak armor-penetration, AP weapons very low splash. This was the main reason that the zephyr was so stupid, it is extremely effective against all enemy targets.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Well, it COULD make sense IF SOE would nerf the AV damage of AI tank guns. So every tank setup would have a weak point.
    But it's not like SOE has a great track record in the balancing department.

And for the Skyguard. Well, I can only come to the conclusion that SOE deems the Lightning to be a "We dont have a techplant close by"-tank and not a viable choice on it's own. There have been plenty of good ideas what to do with the Lightning during beta and after that, but I have never heared or seen anyone from SOE adressing it.
    Nah, the Lightning is so much more than a second choice.

I often pull one instead of a mag.

It is, however, much more situational than the MBT. I think that's the point.

I bloody adore my AP lightning. It's a nippy little tank hunter. Whizz out behind them and POP. Down go those prowlers. They don;t even see it coming half the time. I've got absurd kill streaks with that. It's agility beats even the Mag's amazing strafe ability.

The skyguard beats the new Ranger. The MBT would have to be stationary for the Ranger to be any use. They're a pain to target on a MAX, let alone if you are whizzing about on a tank.

They also have a short effective range. Not until the ESF is about <50m are you guaranteed hits.
    The skyguard has a larger magazine, rapid fire, longer effective range, and can afford to trail other armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Lightning. HE and AP was upon the first things I bought with my SC.

I just think it lacks in versatility and power compared to a MBT. Especially concerning turn speed of MBT turrets. To take down MBTs I try to run circles around them, but due to the armor and turn speed of turrets it's pretty hard to outmanouver them. And that's almost the only advantage the Lightning has on open field. Maybe it would be better if there would be more packs of AP Lightnings on the field, but almost nobody seems to play them (at least the AP variant)
    MBTs are just waaaay easier to play and more rewarding with less "skill". (Not saying driving a MBT takes less or no skill )

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The problem with doing the tankhuner lightning is the bloody vulcan on the prowlers, your speed is of no use at all then and it shreds you so bloody fast. But im gonna get the proper AP gun for my lightning soon, since i use it the same way but with the heat atm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    In my experience of fighting tanks (as a heavy), lightnings come into their own when used as support. Given the choice, I'd use my rockets on a heavy tank first as they're more dangerous and easier to hit. While I'm doing that, pop, lightning appears and sprays the whole area I'm in with shells.

The same probably holds true for AP lightnings when it's a tank v tank fight. If you catch a lightning napping it's toast, but keep moving and watch your back and a lot of infantry won't even waste a rocket on you if there are slower targets around.

Check this out: an interactive roadmap for the future of Planetside 2:
    http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap

It looks really nice, though I've only just scratched the surface so far.

Saw it this evening and was quite excited. That's a whole lot of stuff they want to do. What's irritating a bit though is that they've also announced a colaboration with MLG - not sure what will come out of this. But the roadmap looks amazing.

Also, you can vote via the forum for a specific feature and change the prirority.
    Last edited by TehK; 26-01-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Here's an inspiring little piece of art:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...h/new_biodome/

I rather like this, myself.

Oh, oh, oh!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...coming_weapon/

Excited! This looks really good.