Page 24 of 318 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I was ridiculed (unknowingly) yesterday by my compatriots for choosing my faction based on their/my beliefs D:
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    If we looked more like space pirates I'd be far more excited by the look
    I want a holographic parrot.

But yeah, I've looked piece by piece at the faction stuff and it's something like

Pistol: NC
    LMG: any
    Carbine: TR
    Battle Rifle: TR
    Max: NC
    MBT: TR (would have been vanu but without the hillclimbing they're not nearly as fun to drive)
    ESF: TR or VS (but I don't really fly much at all)

not really any faction specific stuff I'd choose mechanically for the VS so it's all the love for purple and the look of the vehicles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I was ridiculed (unknowingly) yesterday by my compatriots for choosing my faction based on their/my beliefs D:
    That's not nice though. Friendly rivalry is to be expected (and also encouraged to some degrees) but it's always up to everyone to decide what faction they want.

I might call you a blind ant/greedy capitalist, and expect to be called brain-washed cultist in return, but that's part of the game and hopefully in good jest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Agree with Sir Hoc, there. Not good play. :/

In other news:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...result_of_the/

Oh it's fine, they were just calling libertarians kooks and I didn't pipe up.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I just learned yesterday that not only is BuzzcutPsycho a little bit of a dick, apparently he has said pretty racist shit in the past. That's just fucked up and gives a worrying aspect to both his name and his quite fascist outfit..
    Find me on the Steams

Hm. That's bad. He does have a few valid points about the game, but man, a huge loss of cred.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    I saw some tweets by Higby, and I wanted to bring this up here. This is his avatar and signature in his forum:

BEEU_4CCQAEm2AA.jpg

The SS Tottenkopf and a scene from Schiendler's List, where an SS Officer executes a Jew.

I WANT THIS HUMAN EXCREMENT BANNED!

I've read some of his replies to people asking for an outfit invite in their forums. Racist, sexist, derogatory....the guy is a Grade A moron.

The ZZ in his name is also the Schutzstaffel (that's the SS) logo.

EDIT: Also, his location is Auschwitz...

Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    I've read some of his replies to people asking for an outfit invite in their forums. Racist, sexist, derogatory....the guy is a Grade A moron.
    That was before this came to light.

He is not a Grade A moron. I am ashamed to admit that he is an intelligent, competent person. He has amassed a following, he appears measured and knowledgeable in his official forum posts, and he instills loyalty and obedience in his numerous outfit members. He is a recruiter.

Because of history (as most families in occupied countries, members of mine died and were executed, and post war exiled by their collaborators) and the current political state of my country I am extremely sensitive to this. And I warn you, this is one of the ways that they start to crawl their way back from their deserved historical grave.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 27-02-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    People in positions of power are hardly ever morons, one does not simply amas power/respect by being retarded. A certain amount of intelligence is required in manipulating people to get what one desires.

Anyway, I dont know what can be done against the fellow. It really depends on what country the servers are located.

Shit. I didn't see that signature. Dude is a full blown nazi then, and I gotta say it's shameful that he represents PS2 to such a large extent. I can now fully see why SOE do not work with him or ever comment on his posts though. The right way to go imo - if he wants to be scum and display it proudly he shouldn't be taken serious.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Shit. I didn't see that signature. Dude is a full blown nazi then, and I gotta say it's shameful that he represents PS2 to such a large extent. I can now fully see why SOE do not work with him or ever comment on his posts though. The right way to go imo - if he wants to be scum and display it proudly he shouldn't be taken serious.
    Unfortunately, and from the recent experience of my country, this doesn't work. Among the players, he has the highest viewed twitch stream, and a cult following that goes beyond his vast outfit. In a sense, he is the penultimate PS2 player, and thus has influence and the attention of the player base. He influences many in insidious ways.

Neo-nazis have always used such pass-times as sports, youth and music subcultures etc to get to, influence and recruit people. It should come as no surprise that gaming would follow suit.

Maybe moron was the wrong word, I just don't have any time for people with views like that.

Sure Eclectic, but even as the biggest PS2 streamer he's rarely over 200 views. He isn't that huge really - if SOE took him seriously and used him like TB it would be another thing (which they seem like they aren't doing and that's what I see as good). But yeah, seems like he might use The Enclave as a way to spread his views.. Sounds fucked up.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    Maybe moron was the wrong word, I just don't have any time for people with views like that.
    I agree with your sentiment, but such people use this perception to their advantage. They know that they will be disregarded as morons by people like us. We either do nothing because "how much harm can a moron do" and thus give them space and time, or we react, and they present themselves as unjustly attacked and berated by the corrupt, decadent and prejudiced.

Bugger me. Didn't realise it was that bad. I wonder if there is a clause in the EULA for PS2 that could be invoked to kick this disgraceful excuse of a human being out?

Sorry if I seem wound up, but this game and especially this community has also been an escape to me from exactly this kind of shit, that I live in daily.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Bugger me. Didn't realise it was that bad. I wonder if there is a clause in the EULA for PS2 that could be invoked to kick this disgraceful excuse of a human being out?
    The server is presumably accessibly from Germany. There might be an angle there for a legal challenge.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate