Page 29 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Furthermore, today is apparently the day to get the standard issue camo: giraffe camo is the daily deal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    That map thing looks awesome. Pump action shotguns are bad bad bad.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    That map thing looks awesome. Pump action shotguns are bad bad bad.
    Yes, and yes probably. Very interested in seeing where they take that map overhaul

More importantly, what about adjacency now?

Also a sorely needed vr room.

Also also, get in my cloaked flash.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Every time I get fed up with the game they release something pretty awesome. I hope they can keep up with that

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    This was the content of Higby's Tweet:

And here's a good case for why you should care:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...e-wrong.100415
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 04-03-2013 at 03:44 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I really love those little areas connected with the satellite bases so if you come from the SE to Tawrich you can only cap the SE satellite that will really help with the defenses of the major bases. But what that map lacks is a connection between arroyo and valley storage yard with the bridge there.

It seems there's no connection between red ridge and scarred mesa either, which is odd. I also note that the TR have our WG now. So maybe we'll get the north next update.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah the WG are rotating again with GU4 i think, and the map is a work in progress so the gaps are just bugs basically from what higby said

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Hopefully this will also make predicting attackers movement more easy. How many times did we retreat, set up defenses and then the enemy just decided to go around us and cut us of? Hopefully that wont happen any more.

Obscure Node
    Looking forward to new system would love to see LLU brought back next

LLU runs were completely awesome.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Hopefully this will also make predicting attackers movement more easy. How many times did we retreat, set up defenses and then the enemy just decided to go around us and cut us of? Hopefully that wont happen any more.
    It will also create important chokepoints where certain bases will be important to hold because they provide access to other areas, more than just having the only road in the area (Quartz ridge). Suddenly major facilities will be important because they are gateway bases and a lot of smaller bases will also become a lot more important for the same reason. Creating more fights between bigger zergs and smaller squads moving to the sides of the main zerg.

I love how everyone is complaining about defense being useless and ghost capping boring but as soon as a feature that would make defense very feasible comes up it apparently sucks. (from official forums that is).

But they still need to adress the issue with bases that are cut off but still can supply infinite numbers of infantry (crown, skydock etc). Holding he crown should not prevent people from securing indar, there just has to be some sort of supply lines be they actual supplytrucks or just magical lines going from the warpgate that supply bases with spawn tickets.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I was thinking if the amp-stations were sort of supplying power to all the other bases on the continent, then if a faction controlled all the amp stations or maybe all the supply lines from an amp station (or the warp-gate) then remaining bases that were cut off would slowly lose power, which would lead to slower spawns or something like that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I was thinking if the amp-stations were sort of supplying power to all the other bases on the continent, then if a faction controlled all the amp stations or maybe all the supply lines from an amp station (or the warp-gate) then remaining bases that were cut off would slowly lose power, which would lead to slower spawns or something like that.

Thats how PS1 worked afaik, ANTs could be refuled at either ampstations or warpgate and ANTs were used to resupply bases with energy used for spawning and turrets.

I just made a stupidly long post on the official forums... will most likely get downvoted into hell heh....

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...rom-wg.100721/

Network Hub
    I'd love a supply line mechanic, I think, maybe.
    I'd like to think about one at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    This all sounds great, but if we want a PS2 in a year they have to fix a tutorial before this goes in. The game is already complex.
    Find me on the Steams

Speaking of tutorials; here's some more information and a few screeshots from the upcoming VR Training Room, as promised during last week's Friday Night Ops:

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Use..._Training_Zone

Looks good!

Just logged in for the first time in a good while today so is it just my absence that's made me sensitive to it or have they increased bloom? Because it felt like my eyes were bleeding during the night cycle, urgh.

Welcome back, man!

And you mean the muzzle flash, no? I do not know if it is any worse than before. I usually run with suppressors on all my weapons nowadays, so there's not much of that for me.