Page 63 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 5515
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Only need to make sure there are places outside of bio labs where tanks can't go or we'll be back at first week after launch where it was Tankside.

Agreed. Bigger base internals plox. From what I've seen, Planetside 1 had this particular aspect nailed down pretty well.

Yeah, all of the capture points were inside on most bases, in basement rooms and corridors, you had to hack through doors to get at them, and have an infiltrator actually hacking the control console, IIRC. You could blow up the spawn tubes, if you could get to them, and the bases could drain their resources from spawns and autorepairing stuff, also stopping people from spawning there. You also often had to spawn in your "sanctuary", a specific continent which only you could go to, pull your vehicles there, and warp over to whatever continent you were going to attack, going from base to base, finally reaching one of the other warpgates, at which time you could start moving over to whatever continent that linked to.

Quite a different beast.

Indeed. I'm not sure if you have to go quite that far, though. Just make it impossible for vehicles to travel in between buildings as much, make the bases proper infantry only and you're well on the way. And get some proper windows in place. They have shield tech already, just apply that to them.

it sounds like theyre heading that way anyway. and it would definitly add a sandbox element to it, where the battlefield constantly changes.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Personally i would like a more urban area in general. It would be cool to be able to get between some bases without having to be outside for more than 10-20 meters or so. Also some properly dense woodland would be good. I don't have a problem with tanks, but a more adaptable battlefield would be good that limits the abilities of aircraft and armour.

Dynamic weather could also be used to limit certain types of units. A blizzard or sandstorm or lightning storm on each respective continent on a random cycle could be used to severely limit the abilities of aircraft and vehicles by reducing their visibility range dramatically and potentially slowing their speeds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Actually all they would need to do is add some verticality to the bases. Create a basement system, then put stuff they had back on it then add ramps to drive into base with vehicles. That would create a place to battle for both vehicles and infantry.

EDIT: yes, I do know, that they can't really create underground facilities, it would be easier if they created and elevation then.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Actually all they would need to do is add some verticality to the bases. Create a basement system, then put stuff they had back on it then add ramps to drive into base with vehicles. That would create a place to battle for both vehicles and infantry.

EDIT: yes, I do know, that they can't really create underground facilities, it would be easier if they created and elevation then.
    thats just excuses though. they set rules for their own engine, so they can break them too.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    thats just excuses though. they set rules for their own engine, so they can break them too.
    Those rules have already been broken through the underground tunnels.

If they're able to get around that then the changes to underground facilities should be relatively simple (though possibly time consuming in some cases). First thing is cutting through the terrain through clipping planes or other methods (already done for the tunnels) then it things like making sure terrain/server/water height limitations are within acceptable parameters for anything of depth and beyond that it's mostly just a chunk of art/design work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Those rules have already been broken through the underground tunnels.

If they're able to get around that then the changes to underground facilities should be relatively simple (though possibly time consuming in some cases). First thing is cutting through the terrain through clipping planes or other methods (already done for the tunnels) then it things like making sure terrain/server/water height limitations are within acceptable parameters for anything of depth and beyond that it's mostly just a chunk of art/design work.
    But saltwarter filled underground bases, where if you step wrong direction, you fall of a ledge and die in water would be awesome for light assault fights.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Some awesome battles last night. Unfortunately, I completely forgot that there was an alert about to end and signed off about 2 seconds before everyone on Mumble started cheering about their 4000 XP

Oh well. Still, fun times were had. Some great leadership from Jakkar and MrEclectic.

they should learn from enemy territory and brink to make great dynamic base offense and defense missions. its just so much more fun to need to breach one door or two in order to get through to the objective. or alternate routes.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    There is a new base on the PTS that is pretty awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=W_Edy0RRwOo

Oh, nice! I always liked the little cave by Rashnu. Happy to see they've expanded it! (I assume it's the same cave on the NW satellite?)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One more outfit points comparion:
    Zergfits/Deadfits

These are the 4 biggest outfits on Miller (by total, not actives) if you ignore RPS and FRC.
    Yet when I saw the names I was like "who the fuck are these guys?"

So yeah, BURP are full of members but apparently very few play. Xanax are similar, and judging by their average score etc, most of their members have barely played the game. EMLD and SYND are both huge, especially SYND - and EMLD puts pretty clear end to the idea of us being the "biggest" vanu outfit in any real times. But these guys don't actually seem to do fuck all. I guess they're just the classic "zergfit" - recruiting lots, coordinating little. It's interesting how I end up not really clocking their tags, as they always come so spread out, despite the fact that there are huge numbers of them.

Edit: Fixed link to feature BURP rather than RPS
    Last edited by CMaster; 07-05-2013 at 11:03 PM.

I have seen BURP quite regularly actually. Can't say the same for SYND, though it may be due to the fact that for some reason we seem to go against the TR most of the time.
    Last edited by Skhalt; 07-05-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    BURP burned out very quickly.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Speaking of BURP. We used to run quite a few ops with them, but there were issues. They've had a change in leadership and would like to rekindle that relationship. Do we still have the mumble channel for allies?

No, we don't but we can fix them up with something. Maybe a squad channel of their own, if they want to play with us? That way, they could use our SL-to-SL coordination and get a RO too if they want. Or did you mean the "allied commanders" channel?

Edit: is EuroBob still BURP?
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 08-05-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post

Edit: is EuroBob still BURP?

Eurobob was never BURP (I don't think).
    He's UBAD.