Page 91 of 315 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 6291
    What do you guys think about the changes to how continent locking work? should make them much easier to achieve and much easier to lose so we should see much more locks. On the One hand it should now be possible to lock a continent at some other time than 4 in the morning, on the other hand the days of the epic holding of the Indar lock for over a month will be gone.
    AKA Rushtone

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post

• Revives remove the death stat received
    Does this mean Daddy will have a squad of paramedics following him around now so he doesnt have to log out and can just suicide instead?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Does this mean Daddy will have a squad of paramedics following him around now so he doesnt have to log out and can just suicide instead?
    You are an evil, twisted man...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    hey, more enjoyment of farming him then ^^
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    What do you guys think about the changes to how continent locking work? should make them much easier to achieve and much easier to lose so we should see much more locks. On the One hand it should now be possible to lock a continent at some other time than 4 in the morning, on the other hand the days of the epic holding of the Indar lock for over a month will be gone.
    I think it is good, very good infact. With the lattice you can still have epic defenses because if you hold a base it protects the bases behind that one. Should make fighting for a continent actually fun and rewarding.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, agree with it being good in combination with the lattice. Without the lattice however, I'm not quite so sure. I like the fact that it would be impossible to do a Scarred Mesa/Biolab last stand, which is good if you're attacking, but a bit sad if you're defending. Without lattice though, this would just mean that a couple of ghost caps could cost you the continent lock.

I'm a little worried about the changes to continent locking, where you can actually cap warpgates which blocks that faction from that continent for a period of time (currently unknown). For us giraffes on Miller, with a distinct population disadvantage, this means we will probably lose our warpgates every single night at 4am, leaving us a single continent to fight on. This is bad.

If populations were even, it'd be great.

I don't think they are going to bring those changes in until they have a few more continents and some form of intercontinental lattice at which point actually locking of a continent will make more sense.
    AKA Rushtone

Lesser Hivemind Node
    overall, this will make continent capping or defending trivial, as 15% is actually quite a lot. on indar, 15% means 15 territories. i.e., a whole lot of stuff around the warpgate. if one faction isn't paying attention because it isn't on the continent, getting them down to 3-5 territories isn't all that hard. the other faction will be very hard-pressed to actually keep the aggressor from gaining the lock. the best strategy wouldn't be to defend, but to diversify and get more territory. to me, this sounds pretty shit.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    overall, this will make continent capping or defending trivial, as 15% is actually quite a lot. on indar, 15% means 15 territories. i.e., a whole lot of stuff around the warpgate. if one faction isn't paying attention because it isn't on the continent, getting them down to 3-5 territories isn't all that hard. the other faction will be very hard-pressed to actually keep the aggressor from gaining the lock. the best strategy wouldn't be to defend, but to diversify and get more territory. to me, this sounds pretty shit.
    There's 100 territories on Indar? You sure?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    the current ownership percentages here (http://ps2maps.com/miller/indar) indicate 100 territories. so, no... not sure. but reasonably confident.

esamir has 35-40 territories, which would mean that 6 territories would be the threshold. amerish is somewhere in between, afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    the current ownership percentages here (http://ps2maps.com/miller/indar) indicate 100 territories. so, no... not sure. but reasonably confident.

esamir has 35-40 territories, which would mean that 6 territories would be the threshold. amerish is somewhere in between, afaik.
    Wow. I had no idea Indar has so many territories now, after lattice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    I don't think they are going to bring those changes in until they have a few more continents and some form of intercontinental lattice at which point actually locking of a continent will make more sense.
    They also mentioned including the small 'battle islands' they are making for outfit contests, as an 'interstitial step between continents', I believe. Since the islands are small and will only hold 2 factions, I wonder if continent locking will eventually end up looking something like this:

Get locked off continent. Fight back the holders of the lock across the small 'battle island' map. Win the small map and gain access to the warpgate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    They also mentioned including the small 'battle islands' they are making for outfit contests, as an 'interstitial step between continents', I believe. Since the islands are small and will only hold 2 factions, I wonder if continent locking will eventually end up looking something like this:

Get locked off continent. Fight back the holders of the lock across the small 'battle island' map. Win the small map and gain access to the warpgate again.
    like that idea! so you would never be left without a chance to unlock the continent again

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post

Get kicked off the continent by superior numbers, fight the island battle, lose due to being outnumbered....

Activated Node
    I'm pretty sure I read that the Battle islands are limited numbers only, I think it was one platoon per side. So hopefully, you wouldn't get roflstomped due to being out numbered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, they're for platoon vs platoon MLG battles.
    The limits may be different for normal play. But yes, much lower you would expect.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Re: Outfit Points:

I'd noticed that our apparent members online seemed to be reporting back pretty unbelievable numbers on the graphs on outfit points.
    I brought this up with the guy who runs the site.

He said that there was indeed an issue, that is now resolved. Historial memebrs online data should be accurate again now, but data from the past 10 days or so is wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Holy shit.... GU 11 patch plans...

The below are the major weapon and vehicle changes planned for GU011.

Vehicle and MAX Resource Costs
    The majority of vehicles and the MAX units will be getting a resource cost increase with this update. The new values are based on data that we have collected from the Live servers, and our goal is to even out the resource costs with their related income rates.

New Costs:
    Flash: 150
    Sunderer: 400
    Lightning: 400
    Magrider: 450
    Vanguard: 450
    Prowler: 450
    Scythe: 250
    Reaver: 250
    Mosquito: 250
    Liberator: 350
    Galaxy: 350
    Harasser: 400
    MAX: 350
    MAX Abilities

The Burster buffs when using the VS ZOE and TR Lockdown abilities will be reduced.
    The damage received when the VS ZOE ability is active will be getting increased.
    Note: The timer currently on the test server for the ZOE ability is not planned to go live.

Shotguns

All shotguns will be getting a small reduction in damage per pellet. The goal with this change is to reduce slop while keeping the effective kill ranges of the shotguns the same. So glancing hits and spamming without aiming will not be as rewarding, but well-aimed shots should just be as effective as before.

The default ammo count on the pump-action shotguns will be dropping from 5 to 4 rounds. This brings their potential kills per magazine and kills over time more in line with the other weapon classes.

Faction Heavy Weapons

All faction weapons will be getting a pass to make them more effective at their various roles.

Jackhammer: The ammunition capacity of this weapon is being increased to 9 rounds. Also, the burst mode will be gaining a rate of fire increase.

MCG: The fire delay is being removed. Instead, the weapon will fire immediately and the rate of fire will ramp up over time. The hip accuracy is being adjusted to better allow sustained fire.

Lasher: This weapon will receive a rate of fire increase and a slight damage buff, which should allow it to be viable in more situations. Also, ally players will no longer take the full AOE damage.

IRNV Scopes

We feel that the current downsides to this optic (less visibility at range) are negligible when compared to its benefits. We’re going to be adding a very small delay before the night vision is active and a small amount of scope sway to better balance the attachment out.

Flak

Bursters will be getting an accuracy penalty when moving and COF bloom is being added over sustained fire. The goal with this change is keep them just as effective at near range while dropping their effectiveness at extreme ranges (300+ meters).

Skyguards will be getting a projectile speed increase and other stat changes to make them better at range.

Vulcan

The Vulcan has been updated to be more effective at range and now has a larger clip size.
    In addition, it has been given a spin up time. The Vulcan still fires during the spin up time, but at a reduced rate.

Sunderer Deployment

Facilities and Outposts on Indar and Amerish now have Sunderer No Deploy Zones. These function just the like No Deploy Radius around allied deployed Sunderers. These zones prevent you from parking your Sunderer right on top of the capture points. You’ll have to fight to the capture points on foot.

Edit: Forgot one. Edit 2: Spelling

Underbarrel Attachments

These have been removed from the weapon selection list and are now mapped to the primary weapon key. Press 1 to swap between the weapon and its attachment.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

BRB buying Lasher.