Page 93 of 314 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 6264
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Someone on Reddit ran the numbers on the new resources changes and was not happy: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ill_break_the/

So I'm not sure. Yay for Sundys being pushed out from bases, that'll change things up - we'll have to dump that tactic of park a sundy under the cap point inside the shield.
    Don't agree with that reddit evaluation at all. For one, when you're pushed back to WG that's a loss and you should get off the continent. Hopefully this'll convince people to do that. For two, most of my resources come from XP, not ticks. What you'll see is territories generating very different styles of fight depending on their resource type: airtowers you'll see a lot of ESFs, amp stations shit loads of armour, and at Biolab piles of MAXes and C4. It also solves the cutoff territory problem: defenders will now run dry of resources very quickly.

Finally, as Higby pointed out, underpop'd factions get a resource bonus matching the XP one. Just no one notices right now cause they're all flush with resources.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @coffee: it's all fine and dandy for people that primarily enjoy being infantry, but there are (used to be, more like) also people who are dedicated tankers and pilots. it's those people who are affected by this. their playstyle will be extremely limited. i.e., no chain pulling of mags or lightnings anymore, and no guarantee that you won't randomly blow up a minute after pulling your vehicle either. the first could be ok if vehicles weren't so damn prone to just explode. problem is, i don't see a major vehicle pass coming any time soon. overall, ps2 has been moving from combined arms to actively encouraging 95%+ infantry gameplay.

this is fine for people who get the most out of that type of play, but for those who have far more fun in tanks (me), this is not going to be fine. i'll need a resource boost now if i want to continue playing like i used to (sometimes), and this is crap.

edit: something worth adding is that this will reduce the amount of armour that is on the field, and thus it also reduces the amount of targets. i.e., overall this will make actually pulling a tank more pointless than ever before.
    Last edited by qaz; 15-06-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Network Hub
    Quoting Higby

2 - The purpose with resources is to be limit the flow of force-multipliers being used, vehicles, explosives, etc. If you're upset that you can't chain pull tanks over and over every 5 minutes, I don't know what to tell ya. That's kind of the entire purpose of the resource system to limit players from doing that. It's never been the intention that tanks and aircraft are always available and you never have to "do without", however, our current tuning basically allows for that - making resources, and therefore one of our strategic drivers largely irrelevant.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...dw43?context=1

Sorry qaz, but they straight up don't want you to play like that. And while you can't guarantee that your tank won't instantly explode, you can minimise the likelihood by not driving into the middle of infantry swarms, by running Mineguard, and by not buggering off on your own where ESFs can pick you off.

Every time I've lost a Mag 'early', it's because I've been doing something with it (usually chasing kills) that I really shouldn't have been doing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    @coffee: it's all fine and dandy for people that primarily enjoy being infantry, but there are (used to be, more like) also people who are dedicated tankers and pilots. it's those people who are affected by this. their playstyle will be extremely limited. i.e., no chain pulling of mags or lightnings anymore, and no guarantee that you won't randomly blow up a minute after pulling your vehicle either. the first could be ok if vehicles weren't so damn prone to just explode. problem is, i don't see a major vehicle pass coming any time soon. overall, ps2 has been moving from combined arms to actively encouraging 95%+ infantry gameplay.

this is fine for people who get the most out of that type of play, but for those who have far more fun in tanks (me), this is not going to be fine. i'll need a resource boost now if i want to continue playing like i used to (sometimes), and this is crap.

edit: something worth adding is that this will reduce the amount of armour that is on the field, and thus it also reduces the amount of targets. i.e., overall this will make actually pulling a tank more pointless than ever before.
    The irony of it is that I started to enjoy swagriding right before the major nerf. After that of course didn't get a chance to do it, until the buff to MBT health. And as I started getting back into that, the SaronJr came along. Now I've started to get getting used to that as well, but this is coming along. Plus the proliferation of AV weapons...

I really like swagriding, but it gets harder and harder to justify pulling a mag.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    Sorry qaz, but they straight up don't want you to play like that. And while you can't guarantee that your tank won't instantly explode, you can minimise the likelihood by not driving into the middle of infantry swarms and by not buggering off on your own where ESFs can pick you off.
    You obviously haven't noticed qaz driving his mag, because he does nothing of the above.

On a tangent, this outfit used to have excellent tankers. What with the magrider and saron changes, and our own internal problems, we've lost the majority of them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quoting Higby

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...dw43?context=1

Sorry qaz, but they straight up don't want you to play like that. And while you can't guarantee that your tank won't instantly explode, you can minimise the likelihood by not driving into the middle of infantry swarms, by running Mineguard, and by not buggering off on your own where ESFs can pick you off.

Every time I've lost a Mag 'early', it's because I've been doing something with it (usually chasing kills) that I really shouldn't have been doing.
    well, then don't call it combined arms gameplay. forcing me to play infantry for 30 mins + while waiting for tanks sucks majorly. also, you know full well that there's a multitude of stuff that can instantly kill you. that can be anything from surprise c4 via LA (cuz: zero situational awareness in a mag), a random 3 av mana turret group on some hill, a few strikers or whatever. tanks are currently semi-disposable, and that wont change just because they get more expensive as the disposability is due to all the crap that kills you so easily.

i have ~100 hours in my mag, and being a dedicated tanker used to be possible if you weren't too careless. now you need a majority of the territory on a continent, or you need resource boosts. so, yeah ... this is bullshit and does nothing but to kill off the last tankers in the game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They do need to change resource cost based on loadouts, so a transport flash is cheap but a stealthed fury flash is expensive. Otherwise I think this will be good for the game and will hopefully lead to beefier vehicles or less powerful "free" AV weapons.

They still need to fix free max revives though.

There is a possible solution for dedicated tankers. Just get someone else in the outfit to pull tanks for you. I have a magrider kitted out with a Saron which i rarely pull because i am a terrible driver and prefer infantry combat and i would be more than happy to give it to someone who could make good use of it.
    AKA Rushtone

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    There is a possible solution for dedicated tankers. Just get someone else in the outfit to pull tanks for you. I have a magrider kitted out with a Saron which i rarely pull because i am a terrible driver and prefer infantry combat and i would be more than happy to give it to someone who could make good use of it.
    This ^^ It makes sense to share resources between us, especially in scenarios such as "you just pulled a mag but got jumped almost immediately" ... although I admit the whole "please sir can I have another magrider" bit would kind of suck.

I've been asking for tanks to cost more since the start of the game - but I'm a dedicated foot slogger. I do worry now that they've nerfed them into the ground and then made them more expensive.

Rare but tough tanks feels more like it to me. If a tank was a major pain in the ass taking the concentrated efforts of a squad or so of guys to kill it -like they were before AV mana, Strikers, everyone and their dog having C4 - then making them more expensive works, this feels like the normal tugging both ends thing from SOE.

@Wardancer - I disagree that max revives should cost, if you get killed and you have the grace to do it close enough to a medic/engie team to get revived then good on you. Perhaps it should simply take longer to rez a max tho, making life for the medic and engineer more dangerous?

But I do agree that making a cheap vanilla vehicle cost less than a cert'd and upgraded one makes a great deal of sense.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The problem is biolab fights for example, you never really manage to kill a max away from enemy fire there etc. Maxes are superior to tanks simply because they are reviveable. Killing an enemy max often has very little impact on the fight because it gets revived 2 seconds later. While killing an enemy tank puts that tank on cooldown and cost the team resources if they want more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Perhaps the best idea would be to limit the number of times you can get ressed as a MAX within the space of 10 mins or whatever? So the high initial cost would be worth it if you were in a good squad, but they could not just be ressed over and over and over and over again in biolab fights.

In the past MAXes have occasionally turned unressable, not sure if this is design or bug, or even what sets it off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Perhaps res the man, not the machine.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Perhaps res the man, not the machine.
    So they can burst out of the MAX's chest, naked and covered in machine oil, like a satanic parasite birthed from metal? Running around screaming in a Biolab until someone puts a bullet in their shiny arse (or they find some leaves to cover themselves with and possibly a gun)?

Network Hub
    Matt Higby
    @iaincollins @BastiVC @planetside2 if miller is the lowest average pop EU server it will rotate to be the recommended server next week.

Yay so we can get even more TR.(pessimist)
    AKA Rushtone

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Maxes are superior to tanks simply because they are reviveable.
    Revivable tanks maybe?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Matt Higby
    @iaincollins @BastiVC @planetside2 if miller is the lowest average pop EU server it will rotate to be the recommended server next week.
    Most of them would be raped by common players here :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    So they can burst out of the MAX's chest, naked and covered in machine oil, like a satanic parasite birthed from metal? Running around screaming in a Biolab until someone puts a bullet in their shiny arse (or they find some leaves to cover themselves with and possibly a gun)?
    But sometimes the MAX shell's still in tact, so all they can do is wriggle around and beg for mercy.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    But sometimes the MAX shell's still in tact, so all they can do is wriggle around and beg for mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Most of them would be raped by common players here :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    I find you people very disturbing some days.

Make it take whatever the basic medic gun time to rezz is for all maxes?
    Bring them back EMP'd so they are vulnerable?
    Perhaps make a separate cert purchase "Max Rezzer" that fills a utility slot on the medic?

I just don't think resource cost is the answer - but I agree it's too easy to have an instant zombie magic unkillable max in a biolab fight.

The becoming Un-Rezzable thing seems sometimes to be a bug related to method of death and other times it seems to have a sort of time out. If it's a time out then showing some sort of counter on the skull and cross-bones rezz symbol would be nice SOE!