Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6379
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Those being?
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Needs more achievements!

Oh God, please no! I am glad that there is at least one game out there withouth E-Penis-Point-Shenanigans!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Those being?
    No point to anything as any base you take will be taken back in hours, there is never a sense of achievement or victory.
    The game is still a snowball rolling into enemy territory, losing its momentum, then the enemy rolling back, ad infinitum.
    All of the bases are still stupidly open letting vehicles rule not only the terrain between them(which is understandable) but also the bases themselves.
    Because of this, the only class worth playing is still only the HA as all other classes lack the ability to handle vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Needs more achievements!
    They added ribbons, didn't they.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    No point to anything as any base you take will be taken back in hours, there is never a sense of achievement or victory.
    Well why you have to be given goals? Why can't you set your own goals? Like VS holding Indar, as crappy as that continent is, for as long as possible, not a sense of achievement?

Bigger issue is night caps, that capping in general. It's not that there is no sense of achievement or victory, it's that you can't find one that would suit you probably. What, alerts are not giving you state of victory?

The game is still a snowball rolling into enemy territory, losing its momentum, then the enemy rolling back, ad infinitum.
    That's what's zergs about, they're weak minded, it's again not about that, it's more about pushing the enemy and defending valueable positions in the game, creating buffer zones, but people don't get it and also, total domination of one side is never interesting, in the end it would become boring to always win, thus this zerging is still better than what more organized and competitive people would want.

All of the bases are still stupidly open letting vehicles rule not only the terrain between them(which is understandable) but also the bases themselves.
    Dome shields incoming and till then well you should not be able to have infantry only fighting battles anyways.

Because of this, the only class worth playing is still only the HA as all other classes lack the ability to handle vehicles.
    Not really, all classes except infil are able to handle vehicles to an extent, C4 is a powerful anti-vehicle tool after all.

They added ribbons, didn't they.
    Auraxium medals were way before that.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hey Mohorivicic, still as angry as ever, I hear.

So, I hear some details on (certable) "player missions" have been released: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...layer-missions

Can't access SOE forums from work, so I can't get you the whole scoop right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    1) The point of the game is to enjoy doing stuff in it. I enjoy playing with the RPS crew, who aren't very zergy and actually get into good fights.
    2) You're right, there is a lot of snowballing going on and that part of the game is kinda lame. But one thing that's brilliant is when two opposing "snowballs" meet each other between two bases, each trying to push into the other.
    3) The game is dominated by infantry and not vehicles. Vehicles are expensive to pull, even more so now. Almost any class can take out any vehicle, from HA to LA and Medics with C4 to Engineers with MANA AV or anti tank mines and MAX's with dual comets. Any class is also free to pull any vehicle to go vehicle hunting. There's also plenty of bases where vehicles can't get into or are no use in.
    3a) To be effective the HA needs an engineer to give him ammo and a medic to keep him alive/rez him if he dies. Other classes excel at other tasks, like infiltrators who make capping bases so much easier because they can flip the terminals.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I think there was a Reddit thread that talked about this recently; if you come from an FPS background where you're used to either 'winning' or 'losing' every 20 minutes or so, you might look at PS2 and say "what's the point? You can't win anything, just take and lose ground."

The metagame in PS2 for my VS character is "beat the TR" with the occasional "eh we'll fight the NC if they get uppity, but mostly, beat the TR" - so that's about removing locks and taking locks right now. That's fine by me if the fights are good. Mostly PS2 is about the teamwork and the squad play and pushing into a base with five seconds left on the clock and saving the cap through good tactical play. Experience of the game over a big 'you won!' ice cream.

For me. Other people might have a different thing they want to do, and that's cool - as long as they beat the TR.

Edit: Something Jesus_Phish said just resonated with me when I read it back. The point of the game is to enjoy the game. That's it.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 26-06-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    The Reddit thread. Interesting read.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ok ... what the fuck: http://i.imgur.com/dOlMcFB.png

TR max buff incoming, apparently, and i'm kinda speechless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    ok ... what the fuck: http://i.imgur.com/dOlMcFB.png

TR max buff incoming, apparently, and i'm kinda speechless.
    Fractures are really good, I'll grant.
    But Mercies aren't as good as Blueshifts, and I don't think Onslaughts are a great match for Quasars/Nebulas either. Combine that with ZOE granting an awful lot of utility to Vanu maxes, and I can easily believe that TR have the worst max for AI duties.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    this wasn't actually about AI, but about killing maxes. with tr pulling the most maxes, i'd expect them to perform slightly worse on average, which would be consistent with the presented data

edit: reddit discussion here http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...max_usage_and/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    As long as they don't touch the Fracture, I don't really mind. I'm not that badly bothered by MAXes most of the time. Even when playing MAX myself. They act as effective area denial forces against squishy infantry, but can be pretty easily taken out if you know what you're doing.

If the stats say TR MAXes are less effective than others then they need a buff. Simple as that, isn't it? I mean, our perception is coloured by not having to fight VS MAXes on a regular basis, and it's also possible that TR players on Miller are generally better than the overall average, compared to NC MAX players on Miller.

I don't know, I'm not all that worried.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    AI is where the kills are gonna rack up, if you are just looking at K/D. Which kind of ignores how powerful Fracs are. Having never used them myself, I am wary of crying 'nerf'. But yeah, nerf?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What portion of max vs max kills are with AI weapons though?

I know that I've got a lot more max kills with my Quasars than my Comets.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    almost all of my max kills are with ai weapons. dual comets are ok, but they're so slow that i often either miss or hit friendlies, especially in biolabs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So it could indeed be that TR maxes losing in max vs max means that their AI weapons need a buff.

Course, knowing SOE, they will probably buff fractures + pounders while making all other maxes have a special "TR Max damage" type that they take 110% damage to. Before rolling back one of these changes in response to player outrage.

Higby did state specifically that fractures should not be getting a buff
    AKA Rushtone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Well why you have to be given goals? Why can't you set your own goals? Like VS holding Indar, as crappy as that continent is, for as long as possible, not a sense of achievement?
    Alone? Against 200 enemy players on each side? Well, good luck. Even if you get an outfit to help you, whatcha gonna do against a giant enemy ball of tanks, ESFs and libs?

What, alerts are not giving you state of victory?
    You mean that thing that pops on on a continent I don't give a damn about then I get few k of XP out of nowhere without even lifting a finger when it ends? No, not really.

[quote]Dome shields incoming[/quote

Oh, really? That's actually excellent news. If true.

Not really, all classes except infil are able to handle vehicles to an extent, C4 is a powerful anti-vehicle tool after all.
    Uh right, and what chance do you have to sneak up to a vehicle to plant it? That's like saying knife is the best weapon in the game because it kills everyone in two hits.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Uh right, and what chance do you have to sneak up to a vehicle to plant it? That's like saying knife is the best weapon in the game because it kills everyone in two hits.
    Loads, there's a thing called flanking, its some weird tactic. You're argument is coming down to "i dont like this, this is crap, this can't be done".
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID