Page 113 of 287 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 5733
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    "Friendly no-deploy zones can be deployed inand [sic] are not shown"

well damn. That's a massive difference.
    The typos are confusing me. Is it saying that we won't see the little circle around deployed friendly sunderers? Why would they do that?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Assumed they were only talking about the new no-deploy zones around cap points. As in, if they are friendly you do not see them and can deploy within them. If they meant sunderer no-deploy zones as well, christ! That's pretty major.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah I would read that as: the no-deploy zones for friendly structures don't count, which means you *could* deploy a friendly sunderer underneath a point that you are defending.

Personally I'd rather see no-deploy zones being universal, rather than for one side or the other.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Yeah I would read that as: the no-deploy zones for friendly structures don't count, which means you *could* deploy a friendly sunderer underneath a point that you are defending.

Personally I'd rather see no-deploy zones being universal, rather than for one side or the other.
    For that to work they would most likely also redo a lot of the base designs. In some it's just to easy to camp the spawn. No deploy zones might help there, but I doubt that they would fix the problems with some of the defender spawns.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Massive Esamir changes on the test server apparently.

A bit concerned that for all the work on the externals of the base, infantry flow inside will still have been ignored.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Cmaster seems they have added teleporters for defenders so they can at least spread out in the bases they defend easier and look at Esamir Munitions corp, two towers linked with bridges. Looks pretty damn cool, that is what planetside needs. Bridges on multiple levels to let people shoot up/down and light assaults to move about the base.

I am mostly worried about the tank gameplay that Esamir is pretty unique to offer, the big open areas where MBTs can duke it out and Lightnings/Harassers pull flanking maneuvers etc.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I think that tank gameplay will still be there, but it'll be the same thing as Indar when they brought in the lattice - the gameplay shifted to allow for these sweeping moves from bases to base, and tank battles in between. I'm thinking specifically about the fighting in the north-western part of the map where you have the open desert areas (similar to Esamir, in many ways).

Sounds a lot more fun to me than a hundred tanks spawn camping a base.

I'm a big fan of those changes. I think the impacts will be:

* LA becomes a more common class (LA squad anyone?)
    * open fields become more of an infantry no go area
    * base capture will be less about spawn camping and more about actual fighting in the base

All of those sound good to me. Not sure what impact the trees might have.

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Problem is many of the open fields have been removed by the addition of rocks, cliffs, trees and general debris from the looks of it. Still looks good, many of the new bases should see a lot more room for good infantry squad combat.

Just wish they would do something to change biolabs completely, though they seem to have changed biolab captimers so that 3/4 points caps it in 7 minutes like any facility but 4/4 will cap it very fast.

Edit: I mean that the new bases seems to have better infantry combat areas compared to biolabs which makes biolabs a bit old? Anyway Esamir is looking good.
    Last edited by Wardancer; 16-07-2013 at 02:33 PM.

We've waited so long but at last the good lord Higby has heard our prayers:

"Platoon leader waypoints per squad, ability for platoon leaders to set individual squad waypoints for Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta squads"

Oh and Esamir's getting an update, the ESF changes are coming in and potentially game altering (breaking?) implants. Full details of GU13 here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...letter.141227/

Wally is now on Steam!

^ Wild predictions now for implant users: no-one will use EMP Shielding, all Infiltrators and some LAs will take Sensor Shield.

It's also worth reading Kevmo's post that the patch briefing links to - some of it hasn't been implemented from the looks of it but it involves major changes to the mechanics of AA lock-on launchers.

Oh, and fairly major C4 changes on the test server from the looks of it - two C4 will no longer insta-gib tanks or Sundies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ooooohhhh. Some of those ESF changes sound AMAZING. And even those who are not great for air seem pretty balanced.

If nothing else, this will mean that people can cert in to other stuff than flares at least.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    ^ Wild predictions now for implant users: no-one will use EMP Shielding, all Infiltrators and some LAs will take Sensor Shield.

It's also worth reading Kevmo's post that the patch briefing links to - some of it hasn't been implemented from the looks of it but it involves major changes to the mechanics of AA lock-on launchers.

Oh, and fairly major C4 changes on the test server from the looks of it - two C4 will no longer insta-gib tanks or Sundies.
    2 C4 does not insta gib sundies now either, sets them burning but will not kill. And yes lock on for air will be changed to require maintain lock both G2A and A2A afaik. Should make strikers less annoying, Lock ons will also lock on faster the closer you are so strikers should have not be able to control as large of an area as before.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i hate to say it, but unless implants are going to be ridiculously cheap (sub 50 certs), this is p2w for me. i'm very disappointed with the implementation theyve chosen here
    Last edited by qaz; 17-07-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Doh! Just imagine that I've edited my post to remove the part about Sundies. It does now give tanks a chance to repair though (unless the LA has a grenade launcher) - unfortunately it does leave them burning but it's something.
    Last edited by eltdown; 17-07-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    also, that new nc pistol is utterly insane if it's going to have the same stats as on test

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Vanu weapon audio update:
    Most VS infantry weapons have had their audio significantly updated to be more impactful and satisfying.

(could be interesting)

Yeah the current implementation of implants sounds absolutely horrible.
    AKA Rushtone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It does, doesn't it? :'(