Page 121 of 319 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 6373
    Was a pleasure to be a part of. I may have to rethink my thoughts on the lattice if this is an indicator of things to come!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Well, thats PS2 over. Thanks for playing.

Attachment 3680
    I were looking at that picture for a few seconds all "wait, how do we got lock when NC has 2/3's and TR has rest?".

Ah yes, sorry! I was getting confused by the minimap so changed it to Good guys vs. Bad guys. There aren't enough colours to mark out squads and factions in PS2 without causing confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Ah yes, sorry! I was getting confused by the minimap so changed it to Good guys vs. Bad guys. There aren't enough colours to mark out squads and factions in PS2 without causing confusion!
    For me it's :
    Default squad colors
    TR bright red
    NC bright blue (light blue wasn't making me think "enemy", somehow bright blue does)
    VS purple on map, light pink ingame.

I've tried changing the settings about as I really should be more aware of what's going on in the rare 3-way fights, but I've not found anything I can work with. I need to know whether to kill/capture in a split second, and with 4 squad colours already chosen, there aren't; enough colours left to easily differentiate between factions quickly enough for me.

I'll try your settings for Zombies tonight, see how i get on. Thanks for sharing them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lots of people (myself included) use bright yellow for NC. It really jumps out at you quickly, and is easily distinguishable from default friendly colours (apart from perhaps the yellow platoon leader, has caused a few accidental frags).

Anyway, that's how I roll: bright yellow NC, red TR, blue/purple VS on HUD. Basically faction colours on map. Default squad colours.

Yeah tried yellow for a while, but somehow it was the same as light blue, it didn't make me think "shoot".dunno why. Maybe due to bravo/pl colors or deep psychological reason. Someone suggested bright blue on the forum, and it worked. It highlights the white name in a very unnatural way and that triggers my "shoot!" instinct like bright red.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cyan, Magenta, Red for me.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I use the Dewi system - bright yellow for NC, bright red for TR, purple for VS. It serves me well enough.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    From reddit:

This is something everyone should be aware of. When guarding a chokepoint, you should never stand right in the chokepoint, as that's going to block the LOS of everyone that's positioned further back. I occasionally mess this up, as do some of our other, even experienced (heh, ksempac ) members, so maybe this is helpful/

Great post, although the third position rather goes to shit if someone gets through the door, if the attacker makes it in by just 1m or so, defenders will be pouring fire on one another.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Emm, this is bad scheme actually. We do have also LAs...
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Re: shooting each other - crouch and aim above the head of the giraffe opposite you.

Re: light assaults - do this on every doorway.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Re: shooting each other - crouch and aim above the head of the giraffe opposite you.
    Also, cover can be helpful. The diagram is just for general principles, not what it would actually look like in a given situation.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ideally people should be standing further back and have cover available. so, yeah ... the third position is not ideal, but the main point is that the first position has to always be avoided; in other words, do not stand (!) in the doorway under any circumstances. crouching close to it can be ok, but making sure that LOS for friendlies isnt obscured is always a good idea.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Third position definitely not ideal, but the principles are well worth bearing in mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I think one of the problems with covering a doorway is that elope want to know what's on the other side, and step up to the doorway itself to have a look. I think that impulse could be defeated by having someone scouting the approach from the outside, letting people on the inside know when they have incoming.

Or use infiltrator darts.
    AKA Rushtone

Lesser Hivemind Node
    "Fixed missing lattice link between Aurora Materials Lab and Rime Analytics"

So we are still 100% dependant on Saerro but at least we have a second access point to Mani Biolab now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    They also talked about adding "missing cover" to ymir eastern way. If that means "overhaul of ymir eastern way" then we may have another route into the rest of the map there (no use for mani obviously but would still be welcome).
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!