Page 174 of 276 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 5515
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I like the idea of vehicle-mounted bounce pads to clear walls - deployable from a Sunderer perhaps.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well, there could be implementations, where it could work, but damn, vanguard is slow enough and without shield it would be crap. This thing going at let say Magrider's speed while not having the acceleration would be terrible even if you needed 10-20 shots front to kill it.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy;
    What place do you think there is for this huge Nanite Systems "Colossus" tank in PS2?
    None. There is too much Nanite Systems hardware as it is. Empires already lack flavour to such an extent that the differences for the most part are more or less cosmetic. I want more differentiation, not yet another thing that is shared across all factions.

that said, it could turn out to be fun to play around with, but I'll reserve judgment on that until I see some more of it.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    If it moves slow enough that engineers can easily keep up, it'd be great for an invincible line pusher. Two of these side by side could cover an entire platoon.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I just hope it's the same thing with everything they tease this way: it never finds its way into the game.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    If it moves slow enough that engineers can easily keep up, it'd be great for an invincible line pusher. Two of these side by side could cover an entire platoon.
    Don't telly Waffly.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    That's an interesting idea. Give it a regenerating shield that covers a forward 120 degree arc and heavy all-round armour, so that infantry and even vehicles can hide behind it like a mobile wall. The gun should be a high accuracy, low fire rate, moderate damage weapon like the ESF railgun to discourage lone tanks, but it should have no secondary guns so that it's useless without significant support.

It would never win a fight on its own, but when pushing a lattice lane it would force the enemy to have to manoeuvre and focus fire to take it out, or have their front line gradually pushed back.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...update.167737/

February is the infil update! What do you think? New tools sound interesting I think!

Oh and this was pretty nice, too, posted Friday:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...update.167189/
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

This, if actually implemented, could also be an interesting change:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...awning.167163/

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Hmm not sure about that! It would be a bit strange if someone just spawned into your galaxy that was already on the way to a point.

Guess we'll see...

Could be interesting in the same sense as in that famous old Chinese proverb. It will depend on the implementation, certainly.

Oh, and something we need to work on is perfecting the high-speed Galaxy pickup. Bring the squad up onto a ridge or tall building. Fly the Galaxy across at speed along a straight line, mind, and have people hop on as it passes, we did something similar at one of the Amerish outposts once (Blackridge, perhaps?), and it worked petty well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I am so all over that. Will make gal dropping on tech plants much more powerful as if the whole squad gets gunned down on the first attempt you can fly over and drop them again!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    So basicly squad sunderers no longer need AMS. Me like!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't really like the squad spawning thing... perhaps with sunderers, since it just reinforces their role as mobile spawn points, but I don't really like the sound of spawning into gals in mid-air. Didn't they just get rid of an exploity spawn in the form of squad deploy?

I like seeing full gals getting shot down before they can drop and people bailing out of burning sunderers. With the new system you may as well use several gals/sunderers and only spawn on the ones that make it. Dunno, seems like it might sacrifice some of the coolness of gal pickups/drops and the logistical side of moving around, while opening up a whole raft of potential exploits for the sake of some small convenience, which afaik they are just doing because Battlefield has it.

That's basically what I thought Rizlar. Everyone respawn hops to the nearest base to the drop point then waits until the gal arrives then redeploy inside.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm hoping the gal/sunderer spawn in transit thing has a similar cooldown to spawn beacon. Perhaps sharing the cert line for ability and cooldowns. Seems like it's gonna completely change the flow of the game otherwise.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Network Hub
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-cet.167927%2F

new esf changes. Wonder if it might be time to learn how to dog fight.
    "Tread Softly and Carry a Big Gun."

PS 2 - Drexla
    Steam - Drexla
    BattleNet - Drexla#2236
    Origin ​- Garveyc
    Wildstar - Drexla

I liked the suggestion someone had, that spawning into a squad Galaxy would only be possible if that Galaxy is inside an uncontested friendly territory. Possibly even then on a pretty timer, and maybe limited by distance too.

Meh. Right now, the Galaxy needs to be occupied by one of your squad (perhaps your SL) and there's a longer timer than normal respawns. If that means some 30 seconds, I'm pretty much fine with it.