Page 176 of 287 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 5727
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    So this is from now one how every thursday is going to be? Planetside 2 down due to maintanance.
    Apparently. The death of StratGir.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Apparently. The death of StratGir.
    This is depressingly stupid. If the servers go up with no issues at all, within the next hour, there'll still be very little population around (compared to regular prime time). If this is the patch day regularly now, I'd suggest we think of moving StratGir to another day.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    didn't they originally plan on patching on wednesdays? if it's wednesdays or thursdays now, the only reasonable alternative is to do on either sundays or fridays (in cooperation with TVA then).

Network Hub
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...n-2014.168011/

Apparently SOE still can't manage a patch in the time frame they say......................
    "Tread Softly and Carry a Big Gun."

PS 2 - Drexla
    Steam - Drexla
    BattleNet - Drexla#2236
    Origin ​- Garveyc
    Wildstar - Drexla

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    So 1-2 more hours, to bad. Then I'll run some tests on the test server.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    so, the good news is that SOE fixed vehicles sliding around when they're stationary on inclines. now they're rock solid.

the bad news is that all tracked vehicles cannot turn when they're stationary anymore.....

while probably frustrating, i can't help but admire SOE's handiwork.
    Last edited by qaz; 17-01-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    so, the good news is that SOE fixed vehicles sliding around when they're stationary on inclines. now they're rock solid.

the bad news is that all tracked vehicles cannot turn when they're stationary anymore.....

while probably frustrating, i can't help but admire the SOE's handiwork.
    I don't even...

I wonder if this is going to affect the Magrider. Honestly, the physics on the mag were about right, annoying as they were, since you know, hovering and all. I hope it doesnt make them stick to the ground too much, or make hill climbing impossible

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    I wonder if this is going to affect the Magrider. Honestly, the physics on the mag were about right, annoying as they were, since you know, hovering and all. I hope it doesnt make them stick to the ground too much, or make hill climbing impossible
    just checked the mag, and it still requires manual adjustments to remain stable on larger inclines. i guess it's pretty unaffected by the whole update then.

Sounds good for us then. But no stationary turning on tracked vehicles is something of a problem...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Lesser Hivemind Node
    New on Auraxis: PARKING BRAKES!

...... yeah, that position was stable. if you manage to decelerate to 0 kph, the physics lock kicks in and you stop moving. if the incline is really steep (the upper part of that hill) the tank slides slowly until the angle is shallow enough.

also, the bug only kicks in when you're in that suspended state on an incline.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What bug? The handbrake looks really great anyway, it will be easier than ever to park skyguards in advantageous positions and reap xp from all the post-patch esfs!

Oh, all the ESF-instagibbing from deployed Prowlers and AP Vanguards on favourable inclines...

Fuck you steam. Fuck you. Somehow steam has managed to rid my computer of some of the files for PS2 and is insisting on downloading it's version of the game. Seems I won't be playing tonight whilst I go through a year of updates...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Fuck you steam. Fuck you. Somehow steam has managed to rid my computer of some of the files for PS2 and is insisting on downloading it's version of the game. Seems I won't be playing tonight whilst I go through a year of updates...
    Pretty much the exact reason I don't trust steam for my PS2! How much of a redownload?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I've never had any luck with MMOs (or anything third party with regular large updates) and Steam, I always go dev route and pop a shortcut in.

This has been a public service announcement from Captain Hindsight. Don't thank me, just doing m'job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Apparently it just decided to rewrite 50% of the files, the launcher then sorted itself out.

So after defeating the Steam mini boss, I am now on the 96% loading screen boss. It may take a few attempts to down this one...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    uhm, prepare for broken servers. apparently, we do indeed get double xp until monday. lol

so this is what they meant by weekly updates.. a dodgy patch and THEN a week of fixes .. and server restarts..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    In regards of Steam simply disable the automatic update of Planetside 2. Should get ridd of these problems.

Also: of course they do double xp! I am not at home this weekend...
    Last edited by bonkers; 17-01-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-