Page 245 of 294 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 5872
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Personally I find it a lot easier to hit someone moving around me when I'm in a Lightning, and can just rotate the turret, than I do in a Mag, where I rotate the whole unit, and it bounces up and down. In general, strafing someone while engaging at close range makes me miss a lot more than it does them (although they may have to move to prevent me strafing around to their rear armour, situation depending). Other's mileage may vary.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    But by staying still, you're giving away some of the advantages of the lightning. It only takes 1 C4 block to blow you up, and if you're still and focused on a magrider that leaves you incredibly vulnerable.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Again, depends on the combat situation, and was more talking about the ease of hitting a strafing mag from a turreted vehicle vs ease of hitting from a fixed-gun vehicle while strafing. My point was that if one is to strafe up close, you are more likley to make yourself miss than your turreted opponent.

The Mag's unique movement brings a whole load of small advantages - and they're certainly more able to make snap shots. But in genuine close-range fights, who gets the first shot off, and TTK tell more than anything else.

Should make it clear that I'm not trying to justify the mag as weak and useless here. It isn't. It's the worst "tank" of the MBTs (worst guns, worst armour, slowest). But it makes up for that in versatility most of the while. Having far better acceleration is often a lifesaver too, especially vs air. Being able to quickly rotate front armour is a big advantage too.
    Last edited by CMaster; 08-06-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I find the most difficult thing to deal with as a Mag are lightnings and Harassers in close proximity.

They do not have the turn rate required to reliably land shots on one of those two vehicles cirlcing you. Hopefully the changes to reverse accelertion will make escaping a circling Harasser or Lightning much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

chart.jpg

This is really depressing, lets hope Continentlocking and the Outfitupdate and maybe E3/PS4 can help.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    That is sad to see. However, don't all MMOs (and games as a whole?) experience declines in regular users during the northern hemisphere summer? I still suspect there's an underlying trend of fewer people playing the game but it may not be quite as bleak as that chart suggests. Being optimistic, if Hossin and continent locking are:

1. Good
    2. Released in September
    3. Properly marketed

... then perhaps we'll see decent pop figures again. Maybe?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Yeah, I am comparing the highest peak after OMFG with the current playercount.
    We are a little bit below pre-OMFG levels atm.
    http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/w...,1402326300000
    And yeah, summer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    So, SOE is at E3 showing off PS2 working on a PS4.

To do this, they have created a special location on Amerish, Cryobank, on the PTS where all three factions can spawn in (it's an utterly absurd setup that benefits the owner of the base and there's no way to capture it, it's just a plain TDM setup).

This is the same PTS all us PC player have access to. They haven't closed this part of the PTS to non-E3 players.

Last edited by Cooper; 09-06-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yep, sounds like SOE.

Meh, I've given up on this game anyway for now.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    So, SOE is at E3 showing off PS2 working on a PS4.

To do this, they have created a special location on Amerish, Cryobank, on the PTS where all three factions can spawn in (it's an utterly absurd setup that benefits the owner of the base and there's no way to capture it, it's just a plain TDM setup).

This is the same PTS all us PC player have access to. They haven't closed this part of the PTS to non-E3 players.

There was this quite irate post on Reddit today postulating that those complaining about air balance or tank balance or whatever simply were playing Planetside like a TDM game, not like Planetside. It seems this is a view/behaviour SOE wishes to perpetuate? I cannot fathom why...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    For anyone who doesn't read the threads marked as NC:

Stoopiduk played with LYF for an evening, and later called them out for racist and anti-Semitic chat during their ops on Reddit.

This was their public response -

http://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanet...d_so_heres_my/

Their general stance is that they believe that there's nothing wrong with LYF's attitude, and that they are immune to scrutiny, feedback, or criticism. They also defend their members, claiming it was all in good fun, despite stoopid's testimony that it bothered him and an LYF member who asked them to stop.

Their justification for this is that they're basically happy to live with racism in the Outfit, but not with anyone bringing it up publicly, as they consider it an internal matter. While I have issues with this viewpoint, I'd understand them more if they weren't so aggressive and ignorant.

They literally state that accommodating allegedly racist members is a core part of their outfit. With that in mind, I advise anyone interested in the Miller community to read that thread, all drama aside, and get to know LYF's policies.

This is obviously yours to run with as you wish, but I'd like to reiterate that I specifically stated this wasn't an outfit opinion and I still do not claim to speak for us all. I was not looking to start a war. On reflection I was naive to think anything would come from this, but I further don't think that shredding LYF on here is of any value.

Appreciate everyone's support, but a flame war is worthless.

good to see miller has such fine quality people.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    This is obviously yours to run with as you wish, but I'd like to reiterate that I specifically stated this wasn't an outfit opinion and I still do not claim to speak for us all. I was not looking to start a war. On reflection I was naive to think anything would come from this, but I further don't think that shredding LYF on here is of any value.

I agree completely. I simply wanted to keep everyone up to speed on the details of the incident. I'm not interested in encouraging drama, but I am interested in pointing out that LYF did this, and that we really shouldn't forget it. I'm with Cephas on the idea that you can't just ignore stuff like this and sweep it under the rug.

We don't have to hound LYF to the ends of the Earth for an apology, pitchforks in hand, but sharing posts that they made publicly is a completely fair way of pointing out an Outfit that I believe has failed (to a degree) to serve Miller's community well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I've not (yet) read the stuff on reddit so taking all this at face value...

This is probably the thing that most upsets me about PC gaming as a hobby - if other people use it as an environment to share their disgusting views (racist, sexist, anti-semitic, homophobic, etc.) it seems like there is really very little I can do to stop it. It was the same with Buzzcutpsycho. He was pretty evidently a neo-nazi (or at least portrayed himself as such on the internet) but however much we hate the intolerance what can we do? SoE didn't seem to care about BCP, I doubt they'll take action with LYF. Seriously, if anyone has practical suggestions do speak up. I report inappropriate names I see but I keep seeing the same names so SoE don't share my views about what's inappropriate.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    On reflection I was naive to think anything would come from this, but I further don't think that shredding LYF on here is of any value.

Nah, you have been absolutely upstanding as far as I can tell. Your responses have been nothing but reasonable and it is admirable to actually call out that behaviour and the shameful bullshit they deployed in defence of it. Not that I think people should drag this out either, but if nothing else hopefully a few LYF members will question their outfit's policy on this sort of thing and whether that is something they want to accept and be part of.

Activated Node
    Hey guys, I'm the "Northern Irish Shithound" I'm here talking on be half of myself and not LYF, however I'm happy to talk to anyone who has any questions.

I'd like to say something about LYF and how it works. LYF is a group of friends that joke and poke fun at each other, nothing is ever said to intentionally hurt or offend anyone. Everything that was said between outfit members was between them. LYF is not a business, or an organisation, we just come online and try not to take ourselves too seriously most of the time. What is also means, is that "the leader" doesn't exist, nor do "leaders", we have people who often lead squads or platoons, and often organise events, just the same way any group of friend's organise a trip to the cinema or a night out at a bar.

A lot of what stoopiduk heard last night, e.g. the anti Semitism, people making fun of accents, ect, was between people who were themselves Jewish-Israelis AND German.

Anyway, a lot of people in LYF were probably upset that you were pretty much telling the world that we're all a bunch of hateful people because you heard a few jokes between friends. I personally don't like the fact that you've insulted me because you've listened to me speak for about 4 hrs and judged my entire character and personality on that. I admit yesterday I was probably a bit rude, but generally I feel like I am well liked in the outfit and in other communities and that's not because I surround myself with jackasses.

Anyway, I'll be popping in every so often, I'll try my best to stay mature and respond fairly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I think it's great that you recognize that what you are doing can be potentially offensive.

I hope that in the future you continue to remember that and simply exercise more caution knowing that it can offend others.

Activated Node
    I cannot speak for anyone else, but I agree that it's fair to try to tune it down with new people around.

Quote Originally Posted by SugiPula View Post
    Anyway, I'll be popping in every so often, I'll try my best to stay mature and respond fairly.
    Thanks for coming SugiPula, I know the conversation is continuing on the thread I posted on your forums as I'm still getting alerts, I just can't see what's being said!

From my point of view it is one thing to log onto a game and not take yourself seriously, and quite another to log on and not take the basic rules of common decency seriously. The guy asking a German speaker to say "kill the/all jews" in German could be a rabbi, it doesn't matter.

I felt fit to judge you on that short experience because you were just so vocal and quick with your shout downs of other players. If someone made a lame joke, instead of a groan or ignoring it, you were there raising your voice either using base sarcasm or 4chan hyperbole to shout them down. While you might think that is harmless banter between friends, what it creates is an environment where people do not feel like they can speak up.

eg: Why would I have said anything about your behaviour last night when clearly you were an accepted member of the group, and your rude comms were so accepted that no one was moved to comment on it?

It immediately looks like part of the status quo for you guys, and from the defense of just like-minded guys doing their thing, I still believe that it is.

I will happily apologise to those that thinks they have been wrongly accused of being racist, but if they were online they have to take some responsibility for allowing an environment where racist things are said to become the norm.

Your coming here was not a move that I expected at all, and shows a great deal of decency. At the base of this I think there is an underlying disagreement on what is acceptable to joke about and to what extent, the privileges gained in private discourse and also the very definition of public, private and indeed of responsibility.

Thanks again for coming, feel free to make yourself at home here. I am proud of taking such an active role in developing your new online persona.