Page 279 of 305 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 6100
    [FONT=Arial]"We have a long term goal to remove some of the excessive lethality in the game."
    That's a curious statement!

Under PPA[*]Projectile visual scaled down 50%[*]This has no bearing on its collision detection

So does that mean that the flying ball of plasma will still collide with a wall that it doesn't visibly hit? That'll make aiming easy...

Otherwise - yay bug fixes.
    Last edited by Grible; 05-08-2014 at 12:51 PM.

It seems they haven't changed the spiker into something useful. That's a shame.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Activated Node
    So it seems the patch is already up and good to go! The directives look great, although I think members perhaps get too many resources (85 per tick at the moment - not sure how pop afffects - but that is enough for an esf every 4 mins)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    UPGRADE NOW! char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So I log on after the update, find that I'm not in an outfit, and can only play on (and see) Indar.

It all fixed itself once I actually spawned, but for a second there I thought I was stuck in the 8th dimension of hell (i.e. playing solo on Indarside).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    That's just the games way of reminding you to appreciate what you have, and what could've been!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI don't have an outfit!

(as in, even after spawning and respawning)
    Last edited by Grumpy; 05-08-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I lost the outfit some time while playing. The server really isn't having a good day. I got killed in the spawnroom, shot through walls, had lots of lag problems... Should be better tomorrow though.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Great, so they broke it all again? The stores of C4/grenades etc that I had have disappeared, although I was supposed to be able to use them until empty afterwards, I cannot unlock attachment for weapons, nor can I leave Indar, and parts of the interface appear to have randomly stopped working....
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The stores aren't visible but should be there, according to rumor.
    I don't feel it's a big issue, I go through 40 c4 in an evening, and I'd rather worry about resources like the game intends.

Most of the problems I saw seemed to be server side, and hopefully they'll be fixed as I post this.
    Disclaimer:
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...d_bugs/cjho4q1

Read it. Know that you are not alone. It will be fixed. There is probably a problem with one of the database servers. Or something.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

So what's the "ejection seat in sunderer" bug? Because that sounds like something that should be a feature
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They removed the Motion blur graphic option, just a FYI, I presume noone used it anyway.

Also, I have the problem that everything in my HS/NV scope is bright white, as if the whole world was a valid target, how do I fix that?

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Also, I have the problem that everything in my HS/NV scope is bright white, as if the whole world was a valid target, how do I fix that?
    The fix is "don't use medium graphics settings" - literally that one option, not the general medium settings that affect everything (bear in mind that if you change it to low you might find infiltrators problematic). If, however, they've changed something to break IRNV then I have no idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm currently on high settings, and I discovered that 'fog shadows' partially helps the problem.

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    (bear in mind that if you change it to low you might find infiltrators problematic).
    A while back while trying to play as an Infiltrator, I was looking up to see if there was some technique that people were using to find me so easily, and one of the things I came across was that people were turning their graphics to low, which seemed to give enough of a graphical distortion to where Infiltrators would stand out like a sore thumb. Going by your comment though, has that been fixed? (Note: I hope it has, because it made playing that class particularly un-fun, especially for someone new at it)
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sunderers are dirt cheap.
    Hell, dirt feels expensive in comparison.

The new shield seems to work really well, and shielding a repair study with a deployed shield sundry took a heavy push to bring down.

I predict sundies everywhere in the comming nanipolypse.
    Disclaimer:

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    A while back while trying to play as an Infiltrator, I was looking up to see if there was some technique that people were using to find me so easily, and one of the things I came across was that people were turning their graphics to low, which seemed to give enough of a graphical distortion to where Infiltrators would stand out like a sore thumb. Going by your comment though, has that been fixed? (Note: I hope it has, because it made playing that class particularly un-fun, especially for someone new at it)
    So... IRNV used to highlight cloaked infiltrators, ie. they looked like normal infantry. That was nerfed. Low graphics settings then highlighted infiltrators by giving them the obvious ghost silhouette. That got fixed... now low graphics settings make it much more difficult to see infiltrators compared to the other settings because there's very little shimmer.

I run ultra-low settings but with graphics on high, mostly to fix the IRNV whiteout issue (which may have been reintroduced as per pepper's post. Yay!) but also as infiltrators are laughably easy to spot if moving when cloaked.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I play on high and moving infiltrators are still quite easy to spot on close/med range due to the distortion field. With NV they have a little white outline so you can even identify them through the sight.

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So did anyone else have more fun last night than in a while (despite the server problems) ((and ignoring the fact I've had heaps of fun in game recently).

I actually managed to run out of nanites, too.