Page 290 of 318 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 6355
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    How would a Phoenix work from the rumble seat, though?
    Pop up over hill - all Phoenix fire - carnage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Based on old experience (aka have not tested this recently on an harasser) it would blow up the valk :P. Besides the problem of loading times when the missle reaches max distance.

Anyone tested the following? Can you drop a ammo pack inside the valk while your in the rumble seat? So to resupply all people inside the valk.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Anyone tested the following? Can you drop a ammo pack inside the valk while your in the rumble seat? So to resupply all people inside the valk.
    Yes, you can. And it sticks pretty well to the valkyrie.

Network Hub
    The Valkyrie makes much more sense when you accept that it's born to die: You fly it into a battle, hose down the LZ for a few seconds while you hold the element of surprise, then you bail before it goes boom. It's a flying Flash for six.

Some thoughts about fitting it out:

Evasiveness frame gives you ~20-30kph higher top speed, so 185kph in level flight, but keep in mind Liberators do about 205kph. Hover frame doesn't give you much more vertical thrust than Evasiveness does, but gives you more yaw (unlike every other version of hover frame) so you do banked turns like a spinning top, and it also stops you from plummeting like a rock when hovering. If you aren't certain, I suggest Evasiveness.

The VLG guided missile launcher is surprisingly good! It can single hit kill infantry on a direct hit, has a bit of splash, and does decent damage against armour. Make sure you gunner understands that the missiles fizzle after 400m, as randoms love wasting ammo shooting at stuff they can't possibly hit.

I would think you would put Stealth and Ejection Seat in the slots. There's no need for armour or nano-repair when you have engineers in the back, and although radar would have been nice, it would be suicidal not to have the ejector seat!

Network Hub
    Can't wait to finally see it in action! I really hope it will find a place on the battlefield.

Network Hub
    I haven't got the updated PTS, does anyone know the cert costs of the Valk weapons and upgrades? I've got about 1500 certs in the bank for kitting it out (I'm gutted that I missed double XP ), is that enough for a decent loadout?

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    I haven't got the updated PTS, does anyone know the cert costs of the Valk weapons and upgrades? I've got about 1500 certs in the bank for kitting it out (I'm gutted that I missed double XP ), is that enough for a decent loadout?
    Double XP is still going, I assume untill the patch hits. And for prices, it's the normal prices, almost same as ESF etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Pop up over hill - all Phoenix fire - carnage.
    Yeah, that's basically my thought too. But Dom, do you mean the projectiles hit the vehicle on their way out?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

In the past there where some problems with the poenix being a vehicle and the harasser back seat, as you switch from vehicle to vehicle. Unless you where moving in a perfect line foreward or stading still the phoenix would hit the harasser, causing some interesting situations.

Besides that there is the loading screen downtime between shots. The range of the Phoenix is based on the maximum distance you can move without having to have a loading screen between you exiting the rocket and moving back to your body.

Network Hub
    No update today, the new target is tomorrow.

Edit:

Since I've only recently seen it mentioned on reddit a couple of times, here's a nice useroptions.ini tweak that might improve your performance. You add two lines that will make smoothing turn on and off based on your current framerate. I think it works for me.
    Last edited by meloncrab; 27-08-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Besides that there is the loading screen downtime between shots. The range of the Phoenix is based on the maximum distance you can move without having to have a loading screen between you exiting the rocket and moving back to your body.
    Anyone tested if it thinks you're where missile was fired instead of where your body (valk) is?

Network Hub
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...update.199055/

New patch is out - valkirye + BUCKETS of other stuff

A lot of the vs auraxium weapons appear to have a heat mechanic, which I'm interested to see how it works out. I assume they work like the phaseshift and have unlimited ammo, it makes me want them a lot more.
    A bunch of new ribbons for squad and platoon leaders which look very interesting, particularly the mentor and drill seargeant ones. A very nice incentive for running newbie squads.
    Adversarial alerts have been replaced with the previous alert system.
    A huge amount of bug fixes, highlight being vr training now has splash damage.
    Phoenixes will hit the valk when fired from the rumble seats.
    The main thing I want is to be able to use directive rewards from vr training. What's the point in me spending countless hours toiling for something that looks awful or I don't like.
    Last edited by gary; 28-08-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Network Hub
    We also got new Hossin bases, the new death recap screen, libs and gals are harder to flip over, warp gate invulnerability (which is kind of huge insofar as it had been hard to fix), old inactive outfits have been removed, the removal of floating objects, blast damage in VR and for some reason the ability to stick C4 to players was removed.

Edit: And a hitching issue has been removed (which I hadn't experienced in quite some months anyway)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    and for some reason the ability to stick C4 to players was removed.
    Has there been "Jihadists"? As in "slap 3-4 c4's to a infiltrator or LA, run to a sundy and yell Jalla Jalla while you go boom".

Bad news folks; we hit an issue at the last minute and need to postpone the build; no new ETA yet
    Well this sucks.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Has there been "Jihadists"? As in "slap 3-4 c4's to a infiltrator or LA, run to a sundy and yell Jalla Jalla while you go boom".
    Yes. Although the yelling was optional.

Activated Node
    In the past there where some problems with the poenix being a vehicle and the harasser back seat, as you switch from vehicle to vehicle. Unless you where moving in a perfect line foreward or stading still the phoenix would hit the harasser, causing some interesting situations.
    From the fixed list:

• Firing a Phoenix from a Valkyrie rumble seat may hit the Valkyrie you are in. Friends don't let friends fire wired guided missiles inside aircraft.

Although the update has been pulled.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    That's the NC infils. VS infils with the optional C4 attachments are smart bombs ... and I really hope they're not going away

So, the valkyrie is finally on live, it's super fun to fly, the CAS + lashers in rumble seats dominate infantry, ammo packs can stick to the rumble seats and lancers are super powerful if the pilot is flying straight.
    The squad logistics upgrade is the only utility slot item you should use. It's 100 certs, has the same effect as ejection seats with the added bonus of letting your squad spawn on it. It's basically a more manoeuvrable battle gal with a banshee and lashers. The ride of the Valkyries horn is also essential.