Page 102 of 314 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 6264
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Alone? Against 200 enemy players on each side? Well, good luck. Even if you get an outfit to help you, whatcha gonna do against a giant enemy ball of tanks, ESFs and libs?
    Ask the VS, they managed it for well over a month if memory serves.

If you're wanting personal gain and a notable reward for what you alone do, you're playing the wrong game, or expecting the wrong things out of this game. No way should you as an individual be able to achieve something in this game, except your own death.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Mohorovicic, may I humbly suggest: this isn't really your kinda game? You're more than welcome here of course but I think the constant dislocation of your expectations is not purely the result of the game being awful. It's actually quite good and many of us like it, we just seem to have different objectives to you.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I hope they will rework the pounder and the falcon for the TR and NC maxes so they become the anti infantry/max weapon of choice. Like our Comets are. That way they can focus the fractures more towards vehicles and the AI weapons more towards purely infantry. Right now many VS maxes chooses a dual comet loadout because they want to be kill the enemy maxes and they do. While the TR and NC are still whining about their AI weapons not winning in max fights (the NC are the worst in that regard here) they keep complaining about how their shotguns are useless when they are killing machines at the exact same distance than 90% of all infantry killing is performed with VS/TR AI weapons.

So that is what I hope for, do not under any circumstance improve the AI weapons max killing power, hell reduce them and make sure the first tier AV weapons are max killers. (Comet, Pounder, Falcon).

Also ZoE is not overpowered, the problem is Lockdown and Aegis. Especially the lockdown, no matter what that ability is never going to be used as much as ZoE simply because it is not fun. So I really hope they do not use the "usage" statistics for balancing that shit. The Aegis has the same problems, it primarily takes away your options as a max instead of giving options. Aegis should either:
    A: not have the movement restriction it has now and be slightly larger to provide cover for the max and allies behind it.
    or
    B: Keep the movement restrictions but gets reduced size and leaves one arm free to fire.

Edit: Also fix the bloody AV Mana turret, it needs a bloody cooldown so that even if you do not kill the engineer you can remove the bloody turret from play for a while. Hitting a AV mana turret with a fully charged lancer and have the engineer simply leave it and move 5m to the right with a brand new turret is just so bloody stupid.
    Last edited by Wardancer; 26-06-2013 at 03:51 PM.

I thought Falcons were supposed to be AV?
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Lesser Hivemind Node
    heh, if they removed the movement restriction of lockdown, it'd easily be the most overpowered ability in the game. it gives a 66% boost to dps to some weapons.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I thought Falcons were supposed to be AV?
    Yes they are the NC version of the Comet, that is the old AV weapon but like comets they should be very effective against enemy maxes rather than vehicles.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    heh, if they removed the movement restriction of lockdown, it'd easily be the most overpowered ability in the game. it gives a 66% boost to dps to some weapons.
    That was regarding the Aegis, which is actually fixable as an idea.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    aegis has the potential of being completely awesome, but it kinda falls short at the moment because closing the distance doesn't really work when zoe is in the game and you move at walk speed. so, yea ... i agree, even though a scu gen defense in a biolab getting eaten by a bunch of aegis maxes is a pretty crappy thought.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    aegis has the potential of being completely awesome, but it kinda falls short at the moment because closing the distance doesn't really work when zoe is in the game and you move at walk speed. so, yea ... i agree, even though a scu gen defense in a biolab getting eaten by a bunch of aegis maxes is a pretty crappy thought.
    Well that is the problem with biolabs, they suck. Cant think of a base i would rather see nuked from orbit than biolabs. Horrible horrible bases. They seemed to be designed for 30 vs 30 battles but they are either ghost caps or 48+ vs 48+ grind fests because the devs thought that the game needed an infantry only area with really shitty infantry combat.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    dunno, i think nuking a scu gen with a well coordinated attack and breaking a siege is pretty cool; it's one of the few bases where tactics matter, even if the numbers are equal or in your favour.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yes tactics work until there are a 100 defenders... what tactics then? Oh thats right no tactics. Biolabs have to move generators to ground below, let attackers get access to the central teleporters, move cap points to the ground below. Make it a dynamic fight over multiple levels. Make it a fight for the entire facility not just the tiny tiny inside area.

Edit: Made a rant of reddit about it: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...bs_completely/
    Last edited by Wardancer; 26-06-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    biolabs aren't invincible anymore thanks to the scu gen making a return. so, 100 defenders or not, if you have the numbers and are well coordinated, the base is going to fall. techplants and ampstations have spread-out objectives, and especially the latter are imo the worst facilities in the whole damn game because fights are unfocused/whack-a-mole styled.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Agreed. Amps are realy good fun, usually, especially with the lattice making away with the satellite hopping. Bio labs are drudging but beatable against a larger force if they are disorganised and you are not. Tech plants can be massively frustrating, though we really did very well against both TR and NC at Eisa durin a tech plant alert the other day.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    With 100 defenders you will not get the scu. end of story. There is no tactical attack there is just a one time max zerg that can succeed if you are lucky.

Just after i posted the rant on reddit i hopped in the game and had the best fight at a single facility in a month or so. Guess what. Ampstation, guarding the walls and holding of the NC for like an hour. Intense and fun. Why? Ampstations can actually handle having 200 people fighting over it, a biolab cannot.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Agreed. Amps are realy good fun, usually, especially with the lattice making away with the satellite hopping. Bio labs are drudging but beatable against a larger force if they are disorganised and you are not. Tech plants can be massively frustrating, though we really did very well against both TR and NC at Eisa durin a tech plant alert the other day.

Techplants scale fairly well but not as well as Amp stations but it depends a lot on the techplant. For example Eisa on Esamir is very open while Hvar is much more protected by satellites and terrain. Much prefer the Hvar layout there it has a lot of options both for attackers and defenders really while Eisa can get a bit too busy with tanks/air since it has so much open space.

Edit: The lattice satellite changes really change how these big facilities work. Ampstations and Techplants become much more focused and fun while biolab becomes utterly retarded if you have the "wrong" satellite on your lattice.

For me there comes a point, mostly at Biolabs and when people won't leave spawn rooms, where a critical density of players is reached - after which everyone gets in each other's way and the game can become frustrating.

Certain facilities can handle large fights very well but don't do so well with low populations, as mentioned above, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Just after i posted the rant on reddit i hopped in the game and had the best fight at a single facility in a month or so. Guess what. Ampstation, guarding the walls and holding of the NC for like an hour. Intense and fun. Why? Ampstations can actually handle having 200 people fighting over it, a biolab cannot.
    Yea that fight was fun. Highlighted a major flaw with NC though - we had most of our organised forces at Zurvan - just not at the same time.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Lesser Hivemind Node
    honestly, i hate nothing more than amp station defenses. i can't stand them. there usually is a severe lack of organisation when we're defending, and objectives get either a continuous stream of people trickling-in, or they get nuked by squads in waves. if we're on a good day, we're hunting and eliminating their sundies consistently, drawing the defense out indefinitely in most cases. ieven then defenses there are mostly whack-a-mole, with attackers getting in via any imaginable route.

also, i've seen massive max crashes both fail and succeed. there absolutely is a need for tactics there...
    anyway, as i said in that other thread ... i'd say this is mostly personal preference, and i don't think it's fair trying to push yours on everyone because you prefer fights on relatively open ground.

The difference between Amp Stations and Biolabs is that Amp Stations are a lot harder to defend. If you want to exploit networking vulnerabilities, throwing a couple of hundred people in a Biolab will ensure that the kind of force needed to overwhelm you is so high that lag makes it prohibitive.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Loads, there's a thing called flanking, its some weird tactic. You're argument is coming down to "i dont like this, this is crap, this can't be done".
    Flanking works against players too, and they don't even get a luxury of cheating by switching to TPP mode. So yeah, knife op?