Page 107 of 318 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 6358
    Ha ha ha goodbye Daddy, its been nice knowing you.

Also scythe going from slowest projectile speed to highest. Nice.
    Last edited by RushTon; 02-07-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    AKA Rushtone

I like the idea of a Galaxy with Ammunitionresupply cert or Repair-cert like the Sunderer has.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    That would replace the fire suppression, I suppose, yes? If so, then that's awesome. Auto repair is important for the flying fortress.

To me it reads more like, that you are able of repairing other aircraft and not yourself. Pretty much like the sunderer does.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    The changes to ESFs all seem really cool, as a fan of the Scythe I'm really looking forward to being a bit more competitive in the skies.

Also, Daddy can kiss his precious KDR goodbye. /cackle of glee/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Now only since they're removing last main advantage from reaver, if only they reduce the size of that brick...
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Nice, like the additions to the esf. Will try to build a interceptor with stealth, high-speed airframe, afterburner tanks and hailstorm for quick climb to ceiling, attacking other esf's from height and get a quick getaway/climb back up to flight ceiling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Just on the wording of that sentence about players will get the kill xp if someone logs out.

Does that mean it counts as a death for the player who logged out, or they're just going to give the last player to damage them a kill + xp. Because if they don't mark it as a death for the player, it won't stop people like Daddy doing it. I doubt he cares about people getting XP from him and all he cares about is his high KDR.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Who is that Daddy you all are rumbling about and why should care?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Daddy

He's a TR player on our server who has a very high KDR which he achieves and maintains through his style of play which consists almost entirely of

1) Always being in a mossie
    2) Never engaging anyone in more than a 1v1 fight in air
    3) Lolpodding infantry unless there's AA around
    4) In the event of someone getting the upper hand on him and if he thinks he's going to die, he will immediately log out.

At the moment there is no downside to immediately logging out other than he loses his ESF, but he can normally just pull another when he logs right back in.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Yeah like Jesus, I'm not sure it will count as death for the player who logged out, so that might not be a problem for Daddy

Chaos : Daddy is a Miller Tr player. Quite skilled with his Moskito (though known esf players say he is far from the best) , he is infamous for only going to fights where TR is already winning, raking up kills with lolpods and then logging out every time he gets shot down to avoid getting a death and hence lowering his KDR

Thanks for the info. He has realy has absurd stats. 107.000 Kills with the Moskito alone?

Apparently it will count as a death for the player that logs yay!
    AKA Rushtone

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sounds really good, my only concerns are Liberators and the new secondaries. I guess they are empire specific which means we get the new machinechaingunthingmajinger. If it deals the same dps as a hailstorm, has worse accuracy and a spinup... what is the point? So we can use the PPA in main slot, but that does not really make any sense because it sounds like the new secondary is useful against infantry as well. Strange. Also poor TR getting another lock-on weapon.

At least the Rotary,Hailstorm,whatevertheTRiscalled will not be the best main weapon against everything with the new damage falloff just wish they would introduce armor resistances to aircraft as well so the Hailstorm deals shitty damage vs Liberators, Tanks, Galaxies while the default maingun deals normal damage to all. Meaning the Hailstorm is only for dogfighting and sniping light armor targets (infantry, harassers etc).

Also utility galaxies, finally.

Activated Node
    Oh man! Can't wait for these changes, particularly the Lock on, Scythe nose cannon buffs and the possibility of a flying safe zone.

Not too sure about the new secondary weapons, but I guess we'll see how well they work out. This will probably make me download the PTS client.

Also, if the rumoured SC sale does happen this weekend I'll be stocking up for sure. Although, I'll be in Benidorm on a stag weekend so not quite sure if I'll remember!

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    At least the Rotary,Hailstorm,whatevertheTRiscalled will not be the best main weapon against everything with the new damage falloff just wish they would introduce armor resistances to aircraft as well so the Hailstorm deals shitty damage vs Liberators, Tanks, Galaxies while the default maingun deals normal damage to all. Meaning the Hailstorm is only for dogfighting and sniping light armor targets (infantry, harassers etc).

Thats a good idea cause at the moment there is no point at all in using the stock nose cannon.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I like the sound of the 50mm NS weapon; perfect for engaging Liberators with ESFs. Having the highest projectile speed for Scythes makes sense in terms of the lore (pew pew not bang bang) so that'll be cool as well.

I like the change to the anti-air lock-on stuff as well, you would actually be able to dodge them and then return, instead of flying for ten seconds over thirteen different hills and still getting hit. In general all the changes seem pretty sweet. Have to wait and see how they work out in the long run.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    uh oh .... the stealth change isn't good! apparently only the last rank will remove you from the minimap now. not sure how many certs that is, but it's most likely going to be too much to recommend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    The stealth change might not be good for pilots, but it is really a lot more balanced, I'd say, if they get the lock-on timer debuff actually working. I mean, 30 certs to disappear off of people's minimap? That is dirt cheap. Currently, costs are 30 | 100 | 200 | 1000, which is obviously much too much for the last level, however.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    For those that haven't seen it this description of the lock on algorithm is informative:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...iased_view_of/

The conclusion is basically: yeah the striker really is OP and here's the detail, if it locks on your screwed.

If anyone can come up with a way to break the current lock algorithm do let us know. Sadly it seems like there isn't a reliable method for now. The good news is that the tweaks (also described above) sound like it will make lock ons more fun for a pilot. I always enjoy breaking a lock on and feel it adds to the game. Thus the proliferation of lock on weapons doesn't (in itself) bother me. It's the fact that the Striker in particular is almost impossible to shake off once locked and flares only provide partial resistance which is a nuisance. Hopefully that will all change!
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!