Page 11 of 315 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I doubt those walls will change much. The open spaces are less of a problem then just bases being too big so it takes defenders too long to man those walls and attackers getting easily on them. LAs will still have absolutely no problems getting up there and start jumping from tower to tower via pads.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I doubt those walls will change much. The open spaces are less of a problem then just bases being too big so it takes defenders too long to man those walls and attackers getting easily on them. LAs will still have absolutely no problems getting up there and start jumping from tower to tower via pads.
    Indeed, the bases especially amp-stations are way to big and much too open. The bases in Planetside 1 seemed to be a lot more compact and had more cover.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Well they need to fix it, fuck everything about flying in to a base and being burstered down in three seconds without seeing ANY of the people shooting at you.
    I endorse the hell out of this post.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    If they fix the explosions that, they don't carry behind cover, it should be great.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    They mentione in Command Center episode 9, that they were fiddling with how jump pads worked, I recall. Not sure whatever that's supposed to mean. It'd be pretty good, I think if they only triggered for whoever owns the base where they're at. That jump up to the air pad at the bio lab? That'd be a one-way trip.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    They mentione in Command Center episode 9, that they were fiddling with how jump pads worked, I recall. Not sure whatever that's supposed to mean. It'd be pretty good, I think if they only triggered for whoever owns the base where they're at. That jump up to the air pad at the bio lab? That'd be a one-way trip.
    Sounds like a good idea if they make sure to have a few exceptions, since there are bases like scarred mesa skydocks were the only access point is by air and jumppad. But for the major bases, yes please.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...sode-17.79817/

The showcase of SMGs and new spawnrooms is right on the start, so you don't have to watch the whole thing. SMGs at about 1 min in, and spawnrooms at 9.

The new Biolab spawnroom is scary...
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 19-01-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Biolab airpads have also changed. They've added cover. A lot of it.

Very interesting, actually. Don't care too much about the SMGs, but the new spawn rooms, teleporter rooms in biolabs, all that good stuff. Really like what I'm seeing here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    New biolab spawnroom is challenging.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My only problem with the outpost spawnrooms is that they have alot of shielded windows so defenders will just sit inside and shoot out. I liked the old 2 story buildings but they could have made a sort of shielded elevator in the middle so you could get down safely but then move out through the shield into the building and then outside.

That's why they said they had to be careful about where they place them. So long as the attacker can cap without being fired upon from that spawn bunker, it should be fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Looks pretty good. Faith restored
    Cant wait for the SMGs. Always have been my #1 choice in FPSs.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    That's why they said they had to be careful about where they place them. So long as the attacker can cap without being fired upon from that spawn bunker, it should be fine.
    Yes but i still think having that much open windows that you can shoot out of is a bad idea. Its an incentive for people to just sit inside instead of trying to push out and attack the point. But still, its a good thing. I just really think the battle should be over the flags, not spawn rooms which i guess this will help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Yes but i still think having that much open windows that you can shoot out of is a bad idea. Its an incentive for people to just sit inside instead of trying to push out and attack the point. But still, its a good thing. I just really think the battle should be over the flags, not spawn rooms which i guess this will help with.
    that was the point, however. also, they want to circumvent spawn camping.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I think it will be good against spawn camping. Looking forward to seeing how it works in-game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    that was the point, however. also, they want to circumvent spawn camping.
    The problem is having a spawn building will never make the battle about the point, but over the spawn building. If defenders could spawn in 3-4 different places we would see a lot more fighting around the points. Especially if the points actually had a major impact on the battle. Right now taking and holding a point does not really help you win the fight at all since it provides 0 benefits to your team, unless its a satellite base. If the points provided spawns, turrets etc they would be much more important to hold.

Spawns in the big bases are another discussion entirely. Holding the point in small regions forces the defenders to come out of that room unless they want to die when the area flips. And now, with the new bunkers, spawn camping is going to be incredibly difficult, thereby forcing the battle out in the surrounding areas and on the point itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Spawns in the big bases are another discussion entirely. Holding the point in small regions forces the defenders to come out of that room unless they want to die when the area flips. And now, with the new bunkers, spawn camping is going to be incredibly difficult, thereby forcing the battle out in the surrounding areas and on the point itself.
    Yes, thats what Im hoping for. And its also general common sense to have well defendable spawn points.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Warpgates will be rotating for this end of January patch.

Indar: counter-clockwise
    Esamir: clockwise
    Amerish: counter-clockwise

Interesting, might be nice to see some new terrain but at the same time we loose the connection we have with some bases. Like all the epic defenses of Quartz-Ridge or all the times we managed to fight around the techplant on esamir to reach apex genetics. They create a bond with the bases and makes it more fun to fight over them.