Page 111 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 5888
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    So, it seems Lattice on Amerish this week in GU12, interesting. I don't think it will change much to Amerish, but it might pull people to the continent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dunno, fighting on Amerish does remain a bit of a battle against ghost caps, so that may well go away - it might make it a little more encouraging to be there in vehicles too, as your next target should actually be drivable to. How it's going to include some of the bases (Whichever Torremar is in the SE, The Ascent, etc) remains to be seen.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Here's the Reddit image of Amerish on PTS.

EDIT Removed image to avoid double posting

Genuinely don't understand why SOE doesn't just remove that one point above the warpgate in the north east (the VS gate in this instance). Rest of the lattice looks interesting, it'll certainly reduce the whack-a-mole issue on Amerish.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 08-07-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Backup in case of hotlink problems

This is the current test server lattice. Thoughts:
    Ikanim is going to be seriously hard to attack - you near enough have to go to NW WG to get to it.
    Split Peak really needs a Silver Valley link (and maybe to remove the Silver-Xelas link).
    The rubbish base that is Rockslide has somehow become a hub (making the Ascent one would have been vastly more sensical)
    Lithcorp and Blackshard Tungsten's links are just Odd
    Why the hell is Hidden Ridge even still a base? Arc Bio et al all went away.
    Satellites apparently still satellites, rather than important bases. This might be good, as Ikanim fights were made much more interesting by all the satellite squabbling, but still...
    Deepcore Platinum remains the most pointless facility in the game.
    Edit: Some positive comments:
    Tech plant links generally look good, nice to see ways around them as well as through.
    Bastion and Crux HQ look like they've managed to remain important (although oddly not linked)

Edit: There's no reason for the NE WG holders to ever lose Sungery to the Southerners. Just stick a pile of people at Auraxicom Network. It's not quite as broken as Blackshard Tungsten, but it should be quite viable to hold off 2:1 there.
    Last edited by CMaster; 08-07-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    yeah, some of those connections (or lack thereof) are pretty unfortunate. i hope this is a WIP though. As with Indar, the latticification will make alerts (amp/bio) pretty unfair and mostly dependent on the look of the map when the alert starts. Ikanam and Sungrey are basically completely safe, while xelas/onatha and wokuk/kwahtee will basically draw all the fights.

i wish they'd leave esamir without lattice. it already has great flow during alerts, and i dont see how lattice will do a single thing to improve battles there.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That looks like very early WIP, basically a rough draft without having to remove any bases. Because there is quite a few bases that could be removed or merged with satellite bases to create a much better battleflow.

Also Onatha biolab with only 2 connections? That should be illegal

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, they definitely rejigged the Indar lattice map a few times, removing a bunch of bases outright and repositioning some. Wonder if they are actually going to go with satellites unconnected, it would make a huge difference to large base fights. Not sure which I would prefer (perhaps unconnected for biolabs only, rest connected?).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Problem is we are apparently getting Amerish lattice this week, so really hope this is not the final.

I vastly prefer the satellites being part of the lattice but I think the satellites should connect to each other so when you attack a major facility the defenders know where you are coming from and can mount a defense at that satellite and make use of the guns/walls/gates that comes with it (this is especially important for Tech Plants imho because the only defenses they have tend to be the satellites) but once the attackers have taken a satellite they can spread around the facility and take the other satellites.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That does sound like it would keep what is good of both systems!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    That does sound like it would keep what is good of both systems!
    Yeah thats what I always assumed they would do from the beginning and was pretty dissapointed with the Indar lattice when it wasn't the case. It is usually not a big issue but Biolabs are horrible when you cannot use all the teleporters.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think the reason is that they want people to have to actually take the central facility to move on, not just cap around it.
    They could compromise somewhat though - there's no reason that say, the Bastion couldn't be linked to both southern Sats at Ikanim.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Cooper - looks like you have a fan club:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...y_the_lattice/

Or at least, your design does. Let's hope they implement it...
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Cooper - looks like you have a fan club:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...y_the_lattice/

Or at least, your design does. Let's hope they implement it...
    I've been meaning to finish an update / follow-up to that mock-up. Might get my arse in gear and get that posted tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

So, I finished that re-visit to my map:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._improve_ps2s/
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    So, I finished that re-visit to my map:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._improve_ps2s/
    Your post isn't showing up in "new".
    Think the spam-filter has grabbed it.
    Apparently messaging the mods is the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Your post isn't showing up in "new".
    Think the spam-filter has grabbed it.
    Apparently messaging the mods is the solution.
    Thanks, done that.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    In my experience the solution is just delete the post and redo it. Spam filter only seems to effect one in ten new posts I make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    And lattice for amerish has been pulled from GU12, it wasn't ready according to twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    In my experience the solution is just delete the post and redo it. Spam filter only seems to effect one in ten new posts I make.
    Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    And lattice for amerish has been pulled from GU12, it wasn't ready according to twitter.
    Nice, guess that means they are finessing the version we saw.

Re: Cooper's map ideas, they make a lot of sense. Impressive! How come the lattice connections are so pale in 'Step 1' tho? The clarity of them in the first draft version was really nice.

Network Hub
    G12 notes are up.

Personal highlight:

Recommended Server Chanages
    Recommended servers are now provided for each faction instead of having one set of suggested servers for all new players.
    Platoon Interface Improvements
    Added an icon to the platoon leader
    Added ability to see detailed squad information while in a platoon by clicking the panel for each squad in the platoon management screen