Page 112 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 5819
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    How about this one? :O

Sunderer No Deploy Zones
    Facilities and Outposts on Indar and Amerish now have Sunderer No Deploy Zones.

• These function just like the No Deploy Radius around allied deployed Sunderers
    • These zones prevent someone from parking a Sunderer right on top of a capture point, forcing players to fight to the capture points on foot

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah that'll make facility fights a bit more interesting. No more sundy parking in garages, for a start.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    it depends on the size of the no deploy zone, but if it's big then I see the possibility of transport sunderers and galaxies to get the freshly spawned troops faster into the fight again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    It's going to utterly change the dynamics of fights the no-deploy zone.

Either it'll be more interesting with greater scope for close-knit squad play. Or every fight will just become one column of friendlies hitting one column of enemies in a never ending farm...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I can see the role of a ferry sunderer being quite fun. I'd love to play that quite consistently, but my big concerns would be that a) by the time that's viable (turrets down, enemies suppressed enough for the ferry not to be blown up every run) the attackers would be winning the fight anyways, and b) there needs to be some way to not completely kill xp gain for the driver.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Its going to be even more important with multiple sundies, and the issues with spawn rooms with too good view from behind their shields is gonna be a bigger problem. Some bases forces you to run past their spawn room to attack the points depending on what faction you are or where you have your connection so to speak. But it is going to make defending harder as well, no more sundies inside ampstation garages etc.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It pretty much changes both techplants and amp stations completely. shieldbreaking through, letting and infiltrator hack the terminal and getting an AMS out is pretty much gone as a viable tactic (not that we ever really did that). in amp stations, the attackers and defenders will be on equal footing in terms of distance to the objective, which isn't all that bad. Overall, i guess it'll really depend on how large these no-deploy zones are, but ending the fight quickly via playing smart is becoming less of an option.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I continue to think that they can't really enable tactical play to matter how it should until they do something about rapid, free respawning. As said, shield breaking through and holding the point should be viable - but at the moment, it needs an AMS with it, because otherwise the defenders return every ~20 seconds.

Also, they really need to rework bases, actually thinking about the impact that the spawn room has. It seems it's not even considered at a lot of the bases at the moment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I can't help but feel disappointed with this update. A few minor tweaks to improve things but nothing really new and a heavy nerf to the fury. Bring on floating repair and ammo dispensers!
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Best thing about the fury, the marauder is now simply better and much much cheaper. Yay TR.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I'm glad they're doing stuff under the hood rather than game changing (breaking) floods of new things each time. That said, I haven't tried this one yet, did they just break it anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I continue to think that they can't really enable tactical play to matter how it should until they do something about rapid, free respawning. As said, shield breaking through and holding the point should be viable - but at the moment, it needs an AMS with it, because otherwise the defenders return every ~20 seconds.

Also, they really need to rework bases, actually thinking about the impact that the spawn room has. It seems it's not even considered at a lot of the bases at the moment.
    You sir, hit the nail on the head. there is no tactical play unless the immense spawnwaves get limited.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

I can imagine Shield Breaker tactics being more important. Currently they're rarely used. They could be used in a similar function to the current Tech Plant balcony gal drops - get 2+ with shield breaker, drive into tech plant, majority rush point and hold it, then you can either have the sundies sit inside with gunners, or return to spawn point ready to bring in fresh meat. Drive in, drop off, drive out, RTB, pick up, repeat...

One thing the deploy changes are going to do is make medics even more important as you will no longer be able to rely on their being a sunder one minute away.
    AKA Rushtone

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    You sir, hit the nail on the head. there is no tactical play unless the immense spawnwaves get limited.
    I'm interested in how people think this could be done? Off the top of my head- once a base's control points are all captured the maximum spawns per minute rate of the base begins to decline so that an initial strong defence can be mounted but that will trickle out as the 'siege' progresses. Sunderers continue to work as they do now. One downside of this suggestion is that having a high percentage of bad players in your faction adversely impacts skilled players but I'd speculate that many of the skilled players are in outfits that are able to arrange a sunderer.
    MWO, Wargame: ALB, Steam - jonny1982
    Planetside 2 - stuts

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I suggest two things: none of which are originally my own ideas:

1) A respawn time penalty. Add 5 seconds to your respawn/redeploy timer if you get killed within 2-3 minutes of respawning or exiting the spawn room. Maybe reset the penalty if you respawn at another base, to encourage people to move away from a spawn camp. Let these penalties be cumulative, so that if you constantly get killed right after exiting the spawn room, your respawn timer will increase steadily, until it is quite infeasible to respawn at that location.

2) A "spawn ticket" system, where bases are given a number of units of some resource, which allows people to spawn there, and that is resupplied automatically at a fixed rate when the base is connected to the controlling faction's warpgate. Controlling either the capture point or some other "resource pump/valve" type thing, will cut off the supply of spawn resources to an enemy base. Spawning costs a small number of resources, so that hundreds of people respawning at a cut-off facility will quickly drain the respawn resources, leaving the base ultimately without defenders.

I believe that these two things together would make the tactical play much more interesting, although bases would need to be a bit more defensible, probably, to make up for the lack of endless respawns. Or enemy respawns (on AMS Sundies) will need similar limitations.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Respawn tickets are the way to go. The more friendly territory links you have, your tickets replenish at some rate. Not too fast as to make it just as it is, but at some rate so that it wouldn't discourage people fighting.

Sundy's should also come with a limited number of respawns. Maybe an energy counter of some sort. Non-squad/platoon respawns cost 1 energy unit and squad/platoon respawns are 0.5 energy. This would make for more interesting play as you couldn't just park a Sundy somewhere and then redeploy an entire platoon through it.

They'd make it so that if a biolab say was entirely cut off from friendly territory, that the tickets never go back up and the defenders would either have to do a good job holding it until someone reconnects them, or they'd ultimately lose it. Because right now some of those defences just get silly.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Activated Node
    I think you need to be careful what behaviours you reinforce in players.
    With a respawn timer (at least, a per person timer that Esoteric mentions) you reinforce people camping and shooting out of the spawn room rather than rushing the point where they will inevitably be killed and stuck on the deployment screen.
    A ticket system, as pointed out earlier by Stuts, strongly penalises a faction for poor players which I don't think is a good precedent to make. Not to mention the fact that this feeds behaviour like logging in with faction alts and TKing.

A combination of the two, i.e. if a territory gets cut off the respawn timer gradually increases for all (faction) players at that base, would be a more equitable solution.

Edit: Okay, so I see Stuts was talking more about a general respawn timer rather than a ticket system. I think the general respawn timer is actually less penalising than a ticket system would be though.
    Last edited by Dr.Evanzan; 11-07-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Misread Stuts

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    "Friendly no-deploy zones can be deployed inand [sic] are not shown"

well damn. That's a massive difference.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    "Friendly no-deploy zones can be deployed inand [sic] are not shown"

well damn. That's a massive difference.
    Oh, wow, yeah...