Page 114 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 5515
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    So they have already run out of ideas and started introducing cert sinks.
    Last edited by bonkers; 17-07-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Despite the claims they are supposed to not give an "over-the-top advantage", they do seem like game changers to me :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not sure if they have run out of ideas, so much as the most extremely involved players may have run out of things to spend certs on.

Problem is, if they are really cheap then it will just end up being a constant, slight drain on your certs, running Sensor Shield all the time. If they are more expensive then it might be hard to justify investing in something so temporary.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The problem with this game (as have written several threads about this on the official forums since beta but given up on that) is that there is no xp balance in this game. Certain people are already sitting on a huge pile of certs, not knowing what do do with them while a lot of players struggle to get enough to buy a few low cost weapons. Especially if you are a F2P player and not that good at shooters the cert gain can feel incredibly slow. The last thing they need is a cert sink that is a direct upgrade to your character.

Now SOE struggles on how to provide the high tier players something to spend on why not screwing over the playerbase that does not have this luxury. Tribes Ascend had the same problem during alpha and beta and the only way to get rid of it was to bind xp gain to playtime with a slight bonus by personal performance. If they want to solve the problem they need to do something similar, but I think it's too late. The xp system is too much screwed up already.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Network Hub
    I can kind of see how they tried to make the implants situational, most of them do useful things in a limited scenario, but the sensor shield is disproportionally useful. Radars often change the course of a fight, causing disorganised zergs to start moving towards the enemy, and making them notice saboteurs running around your defences. If the sensor shield really does stop that, I can see it becoming standard equipment that organised outfits will mandate their members have to buy.

Implants sound infantry focused, but do they still work while you're in a vehicle?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If the implants had drawbacks as well it would not be as bad. Like if you have sensor shield you cannot see enemies on your radar either. Your sensors are shielded or whatever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Judging by the reaction on reddit I'd say Higby et al must be at least pausing for thought on the implants. Hopefully they'll change them before they bring them in. I'm not a game designer but something that is more readily available to rich people are bored BR100s than to new folks and which negates core game mechanics sounds more than a little imbalanced. The original suggestions (slightly faster running, silent movement, increased spotting range) sounded a bit more balanced. Regardless of how they handle implants I think SoE have a problem on their hands if they can't work out a good way to keep people interested once they've certed everything they care for.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Regardless of how they handle implants I think SoE have a problem on their hands if they can't work out a good way to keep people interested once they've certed everything they care for.
    I do agree, but I think some of their not cert-related stuff on the timeline will potentially cover that. Once you're geared up, what will keep people playing is the potential fame. Outfits claiming bases is a great way to satisfy that urge.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Banned
    I am smiling with grim satisfaction reading you people trying to come up with reasons to actually play the game other than pure grind. At least we both know you don't do it for fun.

On topic, implants are just another piece of the pyramid on top of which sits a veteran certed player, smiting the lesser, new players with a mere glance. Nothing new here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I am smiling with grim satisfaction reading you people trying to come up with reasons to actually play the game other than pure grind. At least we both know you don't do it for fun.

On topic, implants are just another piece of the pyramid on top of which sits a veteran certed player, smiting the lesser, new players with a mere glance. Nothing new here.

In the nicest possible way: would you mind being nice or going away? I do enjoy playing the game, I believe the other outfit members do as well. Your persistent trolling on these forums grows tiresome and I do not enjoy that.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Yes, god forbid we should have fun together, joke around or do anything that entertains us. I dont think the myrad of video's and threads show that we have any fun.. No exactly the opposite, its all a big ruse!

In other news, can you actually be kind?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    WRT Implants:

There is a problem making a game that makes you more powerful as you play it i.e. with 'RPG elements'.

Not only will a veteran have better statistics they will also have more skill at playing, so new players are outclassed on two fronts. Adding even more toys for veterans will only widen the divide and could put off new players in the long run which will spell the death of a F2P game (I'm not saying Implants will kill the game, but they are heading in that direction).

'Sidegrades' are the only sustainable solution IMO, which the weapons are supposed to be but most of the time aren't. MOBAs (at least the ones I've seen) seem to have the right idea by having you buy new heroes which are (usually) balanced, rather than upgrading existing ones.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKiwi View Post
    'Sidegrades' are the only sustainable solution IMO, which the weapons are supposed to be but most of the time aren't. MOBAs (at least the ones I've seen) seem to have the right idea by having you buy new heroes which are (usually) balanced, rather than upgrading existing ones.
    There seems to be a steady if slight inflation in the new weaponry available e.g. even if the new SMG may be a "sidegrade" to a longer range version but it's paired with a new pistol that covers what you loose at short range. This could potentially provide a bit of balance, the long term player buys the new stuff with certs and the new player buys the latest "best" guns with an initial payment of a similar amount to the one others put in earlier. The problem comes from the time to kill steadily getting lower, sooner or later I suspect SOE will need to hit the reset button and find a way of giving a blanket health or armour increase.

Wiggly, Wally, please do not feed the troll. Let our mods know of it quietly instead :P. They should be able to keep an eye

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    In the nicest possible way: would you mind being nice or going away?
    In the nicest possible way: I am amazed on how you're willing to go so far to create a "nice"(or "kind" as pepper put it) community that you will not actually allow any criticism of either the game itself, or SOE, on this subforum.

In the nicest possible way. Super amazed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It's not the criticism, it's the wording, and the smug attitude. Neither are welcome.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    It's not the criticism, it's the wording, and the smug attitude. Neither are welcome.
    ^This. /trollfeeding

Activated Node
    Telling us we're not having fun and we're just playing for grind is such a well thought out and useful criticism. Thank you so much for telling us our motivations for playing this game and broadening the knowledge of our own psyche!

This is you dude.

Anyway, I've put him on ignore so you don't have to worry about me replying to him anymore.

All that being said implants seem like a terrible idea, at least in this implementation and I hope they don't go through with it in this way.
    Last edited by Gmaz; 17-07-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Please see my previous comment

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    When an update comes along with potentially controversial changes you know Moho will be soon behind with the same old attitude.

Instructions to ignore a forum user:
    - Click on their username
    - Click "Add to ignore list" in the left hand sidebar.

We're more than fine with criticisms of the game and we've got them ourselves. Moreover, we can take a bit of trolling.

If what Moho says upsets you, just add him to your ignore list. Simple.

----------

Re: implants.

Hate them.

a) bad game design.
    - They offer no counters
    - They have no 'counter play' (simple rule: Anything one person can do should offer interesting NEW options to the person at the recieving end, not just be frustrating. ALL the implants are pretty much frustrating for the person on the recieving end whilst shutting down their options.)

b) They are 'straight upgrades' that can be bought with money. We were promised this would never be the case.

I'd be less annoyed if they were certs only. I'd prefer the whole lot goes back the the drawing board.

If we have implants they should each come with pros and cons, not just be straight upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG