Page 116 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 5819
    What does the new player get? Bear in mind they have to spend money for it to count.

Now to figure out a way for new RPS'ers to join via referrals (I don't need it, I have SVA-88. But others might want it).

*Edit*
    And just as I say this, a Referrals thread has been created.

Actually it's the newbie that get the sva. Recruiters get several rewards. There are 6 reward packages levels. Level 1 is for 2 recruits (main item is the Underboss), level 6 for 25 recruits.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 19-07-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The catch - they have to spend 8 on SOE stuff within 60 days of being referred to qualify as a recruit. Small print strikes again!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    The roadmap has been updated and details on the planned resource system changes are coming out. We can expect this in September at the earliest.

• There will be one resource type.
    • Vehicle acquisition timers will be removed, cert refund likely.
    • There will no longer be a stockpile of infantry items (C4, Med kits, Mines etc). You buy it when you resupply.
    • Bases will have a power level that is drained depending on the number of players it is supplying.
    • Each player has their own resource pool that is resupplied at a rate determined by the power level in the base they are defending. If they are attacking, the rate is determined by the closest base in the lattice.
    • The power level of a base can be resupplied manually by transporting resources from Auraxium mines in a certed sunderer/other vehicle.

Looks like an ANT equivalent is being introduced. Rejoice PS1 mechanic proponents! This does indeed look very interesting.

Sources and more details:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-revamp.83018/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...and_resources/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...posts/1985813/
    Last edited by LaKroy; 20-07-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    The roadmap has been updated and details on the planned resource system changes are coming out. We can expect this in September at the earliest.

• There will be one resource type.
    • Vehicle acquisition timers will be removed, cert refund likely.
    • There will no longer be a stockpile of infantry items (C4, Med kits, Mines etc). You buy it when you resupply.
    • Bases will have a power level that is drained depending on the number of players it is supplying.
    • Each player has their own resource pool that is resupplied at a rate determined by the power level in the base they are defending. If they are attacking, the rate is determined by the closest base in the lattice.
    • The power level of a base can be resupplied by transporting resources from Auraxium mines in a certed sunderer/other vehicle.

Looks like an ANT equivalent is being introduced. Rejoice PS1 mechanic proponents! This does indeed look very interesting.

Sources:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-revamp.83018/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...and_resources/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...posts/1985813/
    I have no idea how all of this will work/feel, but I can't wait to do ressources runs with the Sunderer I've never been a PS1 player, but I like supporting roles, and love driving the Sunderer. Already love doing crazy run with Sundys to put them into good tactical positions, this will be this times 10.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 20-07-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh my fudging sundae! This sounds really interesting.

Prediction for unintended consequences: attacking factions log in with defending-faction alts at the base they're attacking to drain the resources quicker. As also mentioned on the forums, other people AFKing or not pulling their weight in a high-pop base defence are going to adversely affect everyone else which could be a source of conflict / griefing / TKing.

Generally speaking those changes are pretty awesome.

Network Hub
    The resources aren't drained by players. You have your own pool that's supplied by the base's power. The power provides ticks based on how full it is, so a full base ticks resources every 30s, half full ticks every minute, etc. Power goes down with more players at a facility. It's a better system than getting "punished" by newbies dying too often and taking up respawn resources, I think. It's more difficult to really abuse it because it's a step function. You'd need to field a squad or two of idlers to have an effect.

I only wish it was coming sooner.

Well that's made my day I did love my ANT back in the day. All we need now is the Lodestar equivalent and I'll be trucking happy!

http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/...title=Lodestar

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Sounds like really good news; I feel like they're trying to move away from "things we did in Planetside" and always come back to "what we did in Planetside".

Seriously looking forward to these changes, should make base attacks much much more interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    To everyone who got burned out looking for something to do, come back in September. They're making a pseudo-ANT! https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-revamp.83018/
    It's funny how during beta SOE responded to all those "PS1 ideas" that they are bad for the game and/or not needed because their game design is just flat out better. We just don't see it yet. And then they indtroduce all the stuff a few months down the line.
    Reminds me of Diablo 3...
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Source:
    http://themittani.com/features/how-e...side-2s-future

It seems that this has been their plan all along though: get the gun play sorted then work out the planetside specific game elements. Not a bad way to go but would have been good to make that plan more common knowledge.

To put it in higby's words:

"The whole idea of planetside 2 had always been to release a Battlefield 3 on crack and then turn it into planetside 1 on steroids over time. "
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sounds good, especially the timers/1 resource thing and trying to work around more players = win is also good. Now they just have to get this shit in yesterday =)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    "The whole idea of planetside 2 had always been to release a Battlefield 3 on crack and then turn it into planetside 1 on steroids over time. "
    "We have no fuckin' idea what we're doing but let me tell ya this, drugs will be involved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Source:

It seems that this has been their plan all along though: get the gun play sorted then work out the planetside specific game elements. Not a bad way to go but would have been good to make that plan more common knowledge.

Ah, I thought that was common knowledge :/ Planetside 1 was quite popular, yea, but really the only way they were gonna draw a massive audience was to appeal to the instant gratification market.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Banned
    I had to think a long time about something bad to say about the resource changes, but I finally got it.

"Forcing" the players to do the ANT runs is a bad idea because it's a boring, thankless job. If it was automated(AI vehicles running up and down roads automatically) everyone would be happier - people who don't need to ANT, people who want PvE, and people who think Lattice ruined ghost capping.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    If there's an added bonus to player driven ANTmobiles, then sure I'd be ok with AI caravans. I actually quite like shuffling resources, I don't find it boring at all.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I would totally be the outfits dedicated ant delivery boy if the xp reward is fitting. But I highly doubt that.

Source:

I think that's overinterpreting a single quote that actually says next to nothing about their plans or game design. "Battlefield on Crack", what does that mean? Planetside 1 on steroids? What does it mean? Nothing. That's PR talk. Nothing more. Basically those are buzzwords that leave the reader with a lot of room for interpretation.

I still remember the several pages long discussions on PSU and the official boards about how latice is better then hexes and the devs told people that it is not. I still remember how they talked about how ANTs were not fun and in return people posted stories about epic last seconds ANT runs that saves facilties...
    I think people are giving SOE too much credit, especially when it is just based on a single quote when there was so much talk during closed beta where SOE was totally convinced that a lot of the PS1 game mechanics were either bad or obsolete.

It might be right that they were planning to get the basics right and implement the more "advanced" stuff later, but the return of those PS1 mechanics? I think that's also due to SOE finally recognizing that a lot of their new ideas were worse then what PS1 had.
    I don't buy that it has anything do do with a BF3 to PS1 transition. Especially because if I compare the gunplay and basic gamemechanics of BF3 and PS2, the later looses by a fair margin. PS2 needs at least another year to get as refined and perfected as BF is in this regard.
    The thing that PS2 has speaking for it is the PS part. They should have focused on that instead of trying to appeal to people who will be busy playing BF4 in a few months. Those players are either already gone or will be gone by then.
    Last edited by bonkers; 22-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I would imagine they'll probably try and put ANTs into the same area as Sunderers (where you're getting a deploy bonus each time). It would move Sunderers more into an attacking role and ANT delivery into the defensive side of things, along with convoy work to protect the ANTs as well.

Things like ANT delivery would well suit the RPS crowd, I think - especially TankGIR people.

I suspect ANT will be a Sundie cert like AMS. Can't imagine them thinking we need another vehicle for it. Then again, they may want it to handle differently/be more vulnerable.