Page 118 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 6083
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    hopefully the nerf to harrassers will make up for the increased dmg from vulcans to tanks
    But even that's a terrible solution.

The Harrasser is a non-faction vehicle. Making it weaker for all factions as a counter for making a weapon that can go on it stronger for one faction, is punishing the NC and VS even more than just making the vulcans more powerful.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    It's nice that Harrasser is going to be slightly easier to kill, but the issue for me remains that TR have a gun on it that is useful for anyone when going at speed - hold the mouse button down until you run out of ammo and wave it in the general direction of the enemy. The best gun that VS can put on the Harrasser is extremely difficult to use effectively whilst travelling at speed; you need to be very well practiced to consistently score hits, especially when your driver is trying to evade enemy fire.

Oh well. See how it all comes together once the patch is in place. I predict more 'f£%$ing Harrassers!' rage from me though.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    On another note - the changes to Platoon Leader being able to set custom waypoints for each squad should make life a bit easier for SLs, who can now focus on tactical leading rather than hopping out to the map to update waypoints.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wtf +22% damage to lightnings? A Vulcan harasser is a insta win vs a lightning already unless you have AP and get the first 1-2 shots off.

Also they seriously need to make AP shells negate some of the bonuses gained by composite armor addons to vehicles.

I'm interested in seeing what the new pistols are like (as well as the changes to the existing ones). Although to be honest, I need someone to breakdown the numbers for me. *hint*

SMG scope alignment - did not know this was an issue. This may make me more deadly. Time shall decide!

Shield Capacitors should now see some use. Max cert gives 40% decrease on wait time (default is 10s).

ESF Changes
    I can't help but think our empire ability isn't as good. IMO, TR is best (more ammo allows more opportunities to be on target - i.e. poor accuracy is compensated), NC 2nd (when you are on target, you hit HARD), followed by us (when you are on target, your lasers arrive sooner?)...I won't know without trying, but I figure it'll be tougher for us in a firefight.

I'd like to try the Saron nosegun again - with any luck I'll be a good shot against both air and infantry

Weren't there meant to be new noseguns/secondary weapons? And new lock-on mechanics? I can't help but feel this ESF update is just balancing. No mention of Striker nerf means we still have to avoid massed TR when in the air!

Other
    I wonder how vehicle radar will work now. Will we see Fury Flashes indoors pointed at doorways a lot?

AMS sundies allowed in friendly no-deploy zones = big defender advantage?

PS: Should we avoid Esamir tonight as it'll be packed and try it tomorrow instead? We can test all other changes somewhere else?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    TrooperWally's GU13 tactics update

Radar changes
    * Fury flashes now have to be manned but defending an indoor point was always the best way to guarantee the cap went through so just park the flash facing away from the stairs/door and sit on the rumble seat (or face the doorway with a fury).
    * Radar scythes (or libs) may not be more useful to have constantly acting as close air support (I'm imagining TacGir constantly running with a radar plane at all times) - partly for radar, partly for scaring off harassers.
    * Make more use of the infil's recon darts.

Vulcan harassers
    * Vulcan harrassers will be deadly to infantry, less so to planes and about the same to tanks. Reddit science (sorry can't find the link atm) says it'll take 4 shots from a vulcan to kill infantry but that the damage buff vs Magriders is from 96 per hit to 100.

We need to get better at killing harassers. Suggested ways of doing so:
    * put AV mines in places harrassers like to go (near sundys and large concentrations of infantry)
    * put mana turrets in places harrasers like to go because they stop dead on impact - use in combo with the mines
    * have air support close by and on hand at all times - for early warning and deterrant and chasing down injured harassers
    * have AA weapons - skyguard is particularly good for killing harassers, also helps to defend against enemy air that might go after our close air support

These are just some quick thoughts. Please contribute.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    TrooperWally's GU13 tactics update

* have AA weapons - skyguard is particularly good for killing harassers, also helps to defend against enemy air that might go after our close air support
    If that is true then there is our answer. Thanks to our recent TopGir focus we should have a bunch of certed Skyguards knocking about.

Otherwise I agree on the mines and turrets thing, harassers are most dangerous by running us down in groups when we get into a stand up fight. If we just get into the habit of chucking some mines and obstruction turrets down on our flanks then the problem should lessen.

In other news. Seriously they BUFFED the vulcan???? Do these developer people play as anything other than TR harasser drivers????

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Would be cool with an actual laser-based gun, with a projectile velocity of 299792458 m/s. I wonder how you could balance it...
    Low DPS, damage over time and clear straight line for it's firing time. Hitscan channel weapons. Guessing it would have 200-300 dps. With powerfull ammo drain.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've used a skyguard to kill a harasser. I wouldn't say that it's particularly good for doing so. In a one on one fight, the harasser will most likely still win.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Rei we also reload faster than the others, so I think our hailstorm will be just fine. I saw some numbers that the TR Rotary defaulted to 3k more damage in default magazine though which sounds pretty bad.

Seems the new ESF and lock on mechanics are pushed back which is sad, guess they need more testing. But they really really need to buff A2A Walkers if ESFs gets new toys. Walkers should not be a deterrent to air they should be utterly deadly to air that foolishly gets too close to a Lib. Attack from a weakspot or keep your distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    If that is true then there is our answer. Thanks to our recent TopGir focus we should have a bunch of certed Skyguards knocking about.
    Yup, that's true (unless they nerfed it on the quiet in this update). Skyguards hurt harassers. I now just think of harrassers as (slightly) less airborne aircraft and shoot them accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    In other news. Seriously they BUFFED the vulcan???? Do these developer people play as anything other than TR harasser drivers????
    They did buff vulcans a bit but I don't think it's as crazy as it sounds on the face of it. We'll see. The thing I'm most concerned about is their lethality to infantry.

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I've used a skyguard to kill a harasser. I wouldn't say that it's particularly good for doing so. In a one on one fight, the harasser will most likely still win.
    +1

has happened to me several times, think got me thinking about buying extra frontal armor.. in a tank.. against a jeep.. thats intuitive!

but if you're in a group and the harasser is trying to mow ppl down, it can be effective

I think with the increased focus on 'not dying to harassers' we perhaps need to get more used to operating like TopGir with an attacking force (like the aircraft) and a defending force (like the safe zone). In general combat I could see it being very helpful to have an ammo+AMS sundy plus a skyguard, a few engineers and a close air support scythe just present at all times and acting as our forward base. Hopefully the experience of TopGir and the increased activity of having a vehicle to play with will make people more willing to fill these roles - the natural urge is clearly to rush off to the fight.

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That harasser change is good. It absolutely needed a nerf, and i'm curious to see how the STK numbers will change. As for the vulcan ... it isn't used all that much currently and maybe this will change that. Could become a real pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    I wonder how vehicle radar will work now. Will we see Fury Flashes indoors pointed at doorways a lot?
    I may be missing your point but the way I read the patch notes the proximity radar (e.g. on flash) should still work as before. i.e. dump flash and still get radar pings. The scout radar (e.g. ESF) will need to be manned to work.

Just a theory and I'm sure we'll know in a couple of hours or so.

Edit:Well that'll teach me to guess and not look things up
    Last edited by HexPen; 24-07-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Flash uses scout radar not proxy.

@HexPen - Wardancer is right, it's scout, not proxy. My point was more "how will players change their behaviour in light of the new changes", rather than questioning the mechanical change.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Esamir is getting lattice too, by the way. Was kinda overlooked among all the harasser/vulcan stuff, eh? Personally ... i'm not looking forward to that.

has lattice meant that there are fewer attacking options, we seem to get caught up in the zerg more often than we used to pre-lattice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Personally, I've grown to hate the constant backswitching that non-lattice continents see, so I'm rather looking forward to the latticed Esamir. Also, the new bases look really interesting on PTS. It has become crucial for the owners of the NE warpgate to hold Saerro!