The exits of Nott research make no sense:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...make_no_sense/
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Also; the lattice is shit. Utterly shit. Really badly put together.

Saerro will be a nasty clusterfuck day in, day out from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

You can't spell "Saerro" without "The Crown"!

I'd like more time on Esamir to see what the ebb and flow is like. My initial impressions have left me sceptical.

RE: Base exists - I can't remember which base it was, but I spent nearly 10 minutes running around looking for a way out. By that point everyone else was 2 (TWO!) bases away. By the time I got to a vehicle bay and there was no transport waiting, the only way to get to the vehicle terminal​ would have been to go ALL the way round again!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Indeed, and Mani is a impossible fortress for us if it has any defense worth mentioning. Feels hard to access most of esamir for us.

Have only played an hour or so on esamir with TR dominating, but my intitial impression is that it could be very hard to take Eisa tech. It itself isn't too complex, but it has some really solid fortresses on each side of it. Also being the only tech plant, and being surrounded by fortress that can A spawn tanks, and B have flat open areas surrounding them gives the central defender an advantage. It could be come a game of long central holds when a faction takes the continent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm.. the good thing about the Crown post-lattice is that it's not really necessary to take it, there are always other routes to pursue (plus they made it a lot more assaultable). The thing about Eisa is it's the only tech plant - there will always be a reason to fight over it. Could turn into an even more extreme meatgrinder than the Crown was at it's very worst. Will have to see I guess.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Man, Saerro was my favourite base on the continent. Now everyone will hate it because it's gonna stop us from advancing quite often,

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I haven't yet got enough familiarity with the esamir lattice to comment on it but the new bases are literally game changers. It feels like a different game fighting over bases. Perhaps when we get used to them and work out the tricks and tactics they'll be good but for now I find myself confused and thwarted as the old ways don't work.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Banned
    I thought Octagon was the Crown?

The Octagon is a proper meat grinder. Based on experience so far, harder to take than the crown ever was. I wouldn't mind this if it wasn't blocking a major route. Looks cool from the air though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    I thought The Octagon was a nickname for Brian Fantana's penis
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

I thought The Octagon meant that the UFC had started sponsoring Planetside 2.

Seriously though, interesting base. No doubt we'll be seeing a lot of Gal drops and Light Assault use there, maybe some MAX crashes for good measure, maybe some people trying to shell the base from the surrounding hills. And apparently you can jump Harrassers into it if you believe the forums (not seen that done yet).

Network Hub
    I'm liking the new Esimir so far, in that the new base designs lead to some interesting battles. I love holding Quartz Ridge on Indar from attack from the North, as huge waves of attackers roll in off the plains and smash into the defended walls, and now there's a few output-type bases on Esimir where the same flow of battle can happen.

It's still hell on aircraft. There's no bases giving air resources near the warp gate so you won't be flying if you're losing, there's little terrain to hide behind so missiles are even more undodgeable, and the air towers are in really weird and/or undefencible locations so rearming is a pain.

I also get the impression that Vanu's standard issue skin-tight Lycra armour fails to protect your personal bits from unpleasant freezing effects, which might explain why the VS are permanently underpopulated in Esimir.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Tried to play abit today again and well VS is pretty much never going to get past Mani unless we catch the TR off guard because the lattice links to Mani is so "#¤"#¤%"%" messed up. Also Apex Genetics has a new base within spitting distance that has no links to it unless you go through Saerro... like what the fuck? Why was that base even needed?

Having spent about four hours on Esamir now I've come to the conclusion that most of the bases are fun, some of them are ridiculous and the links are WRONG. With the NE warpgate we get stuck at Saerro, Mani Fortress and Ymir Eastern way. Those are our three routes out and unless we can take one of those then we can't get to the rest of the map. The Mani and Ymir chokepoints are very strong for defenders and if they lose those then they have a biolab to defend. Saerro is probably the most viable option but it's still a major slog. I think the only way to take Ymir Eastern Way if it's being defended is massed gal drops with loads of maxes and close support. Carpet bombing the ridges that the defenders camp along would help.

Some of the other bases are really cool though (they're different, they provided new angles of attack and defence) though I worry that some (like the Octagon) are effectively biolab fights. Again carpet bombing would be helpful though various pilots have been reporting that new Esamir is not healthy for air. Perhaps we should try TopGir on Esamir? I can see several situations in which having aircraft to do what tanks can no longer do (pound enemy infantry in bases) could be decisive.

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I think the general consensus is that the lattice in the NE really needs some work. It feels like they wanted to preserve the expansive nature of the riverbed in that area, but we're boned as far as pushing out beyond it goes.

Well, thats PS2 over. Thanks for playing.

2013-07-28_00001.jpg

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Simultaneous three continent lock? Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Simultaneous three continent lock? Nice!
    Seems like squad cohesion week is going well then!

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Well, thats PS2 over. Thanks for playing.

2013-07-28_00001.jpg
    And there was me convinced it wouldn't happen, as we were losing Amerish a lot faster than we were getting Esamir.

Good job guys.