Page 123 of 276 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 5515
    Banned
    Also, does anything else think releasing a 4th map when the most populated server manages to fill only two is an excellent idea?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Also, does anything else think releasing a 4th map when the most populated server manages to fill only two is an excellent idea?
    The plan is to link the continents so that your faction will have to fight their way across continents to access the next one. Thus focusing the fighting to 2-3 continents at once even though the game might have 4+ continents. Meaning continent locks are actually locks.

Just like PS1 did.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    yeah, what wardancers said. real continent locking and home continents will hopefully create more of a metagame. it's sorely needed, as they devalued alarms and locks.

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    The plan is to link the continents so that your faction will have to fight their way across continents to access the next one. Thus focusing the fighting to 2-3 continents at once even though the game might have 4+ continents. Meaning continent locks are actually locks.

Just like PS1 did.
    That sounds cool to me. But if they did it in the 1st games why not in this one?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranzor Fett View Post
    That sounds cool to me. But if they did it in the 1st games why not in this one?
    Not enough continents for it to work.

Allow a faction to 'lock' off a continent means the other factions only have two to chose from. Which concentrates population and makes it more likely people are stuck in queues to play...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I just hope continent locking doesn't result in always being on the same "home" continents because you can't push out to different ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Apparently they will rotate every time one is locked, so probably often.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    So it's a giant Biolab?
    yes, but more confusing, and air can get inside, and crash into a tree or get lost and confused nowhere

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And you can spend a minute climbing a giant tree as a light assault, then drop through a hologram branch and fall a hundred feet to your death! The uplink station is rather interesting too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    So, everquest next apperently has voxel based destruction. Besides this it also seems to be using the same engine as Planetside 2. So, could this be something they use in the future of planetside 2? Maybe someone else knows more about this subject.

Activated Node
    The voxel stuff for EQ Next is based on this guy's engine - http://procworld.blogspot.co.uk/ - which I have been following for some time and has a lot of cool features.

As cool as destructible terrain would be in PS2 I would imagine it's too much of a change from the way the code currently works (obviously I haven't seen the code for either project so it's really just a guess).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    What I wouldn't give for destruction...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Presumably they'd need the terrain to magically rebuild itself fairly shortly after being destroyed otherwise every continent would be a permanent desert.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Presumably they'd need the terrain to magically rebuild itself fairly shortly after being destroyed otherwise every continent would be a permanent desert.
    Nanites....

But seriously, upon defense or capture a base could rebuild itself, or you could require a team of engies and/or an ANT to repair walls etc. Why go through the gate, when you can march a fleet of MagRiders to the wall and go through it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not likley to happen.
    Would require a pretty huge rebuild of existing PS2 assets (terrain could probably be reused, but all buildings and structures would have to be redone).
    Game would have to be completely rebalanced, especially considering theres a lot more explosions in PS than EQ.
    And then imagine the CPU load. EQN probably doesn't plan on 500-player battles. PS2 does.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Not likley to happen.
    Would require a pretty huge rebuild of existing PS2 assets (terrain could probably be reused, but all buildings and structures would have to be redone).
    Game would have to be completely rebalanced, especially considering theres a lot more explosions in PS than EQ.
    And then imagine the CPU load. EQN probably doesn't plan on 500-player battles. PS2 does.
    I know, i know. Pipe dream. but 10 year plan yo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Yup. It's the idea of having vast mountains and either blasting a trail up it, or just a hole through it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    I know, i know. Pipe dream. but 10 year plan yo
    Even though (or perhaps because) I don't understand the technical limitations I reckon SoE might go through the major effort of making it happen... at some point. Smedley's said stuff about wanting PS2 to be going for 20 years and they've said things about wanting to join continents together seemlessly with naval warfare and those massive carrier aircraft (yes, carrier aircraft rather than aircraft carriers). So in that context they might actually go through with it. It's not going to happen any time soon though, as much seems likely.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i dont think destructible terrain and buildings (at least not to the degree a voxel engine offers) would be good. everyone's whining about tanks and such destroying 'good fights' already, and this would just get worse. i mean, why assault a base when you can just bomb it into the ground or until you've destroyed all cover.

Activated Node
    Maybe because the more you destroy it the less it's worth? Or it's a drain on resources when it automatically rebuilds? Or it doesn't connect the lattice while it rebuilds?
    I don't suppose we'll get destructible bases but it's fun to speculate :P