Page 124 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 6088
    Network Hub
    While I'm very impressed with the style of the new everquest, the voxel destruction shown in the videos above seem very gimmicky and especially over the top. I'm not even complaining about the way objects break apart, which may be a compromise of client-side effects and server load. But the absolute destruction of basically anything in the vicinity caused by a few abilities does not really add to the immersion and might get old quickly. But then again, those videos were probably more a proof of concept and show-off than an actual representation of gameplay.

The recent Battlefields and their Frostbite engine can be a good representation of how massive environmental destruction plays out in shooters. While Battlefield 3 toned down the all-out destruction of Bad Company 2, buildings are still razed to the ground quite quickly and it works well mainly because maps change at a frequent rate.

I'd still very much enjoy the prospect of environmental destruction as a result of Planetside's combined arms warfare, yet the lack of meaningful amounts of buildings in one place akin to cities would simply see any and all base buildings to smothering ruins once an assault starts (or just absolute mayhem by a bored player in a single tank), and thereby annihilating any thought behind base design. And I also fear SOE's lack of experience and polish in this field, in which DICE/EA had years of testing to build upon.
    Last edited by meloncrab; 05-08-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Maybe they could make destroyable barriers that can be repaired at the same time (like a barrier of tanks - if you destroy them theyre gone but if they get repaired at the same time they wont go down). Maybe anyone remembers Star Wars Battlefront 2, the Mission on Kashyyyk, there is a barriere in this style.

new esf weapons!

the missiles look crap, both the gun types are good enough at killing armour that i guess the only good thing about them is that less people will run lolpods so infantry will be safer.

good pilots are still going to be complete bastards to everyone, however.

... actually, good pilots can now run AI noseguns and mass drivers for yet another loadout that kills everything incredibly easily! woo!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That lib was damaged before he started though but damn... Liberators are gonna be so useless now. 1 ESF is enough now to force them to run away 2 ESF = guaranteed death. They seriously need to give the Liberators a much more powerful rear gun and better armour against ESFs. Going up behind a Liberator should extremely dangerous.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    These new guns are probably not tuned yet. Hopefully. Or we will be in deep trouble.

Activated Node
    The missiles look pretty poor.

Looking forward to rinsing Vulcan Harrassers with those Mass Drivers though!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    These new guns are probably not tuned yet. Hopefully. Or we will be in deep trouble.
    I'm sure they'll be tuned the next patch after their release.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I'm sure they'll be tuned the next patch after their release.
    Ha! Yeah, most likely...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I think there was a misstake witht he magazine size upgrade of the mass drivers. They were not supposed to have acces to those, which tunes that weapon down a lot.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Socroft View Post
    ... actually, good pilots can now run AI noseguns and mass drivers for yet another loadout that kills everything incredibly easily! woo!

Shh! Don't say that so loud!

Ahem. Mass drivers are underpowered and need a buff!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The massdrivers are bugged and get +8 ammo in the magazine with the mag capacity cert which shouldn't even exist. So they are probably fine or even underpowered, the chain-guns however. Those are pure evil.

Edit: Though it really does not change the fact that the reargun of liberators desperately need a buff to be more intimidating.

Network Hub
    GU14 is going to hit live some time monday, official patch notes here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Grenade bandolier having three ranks => FOUR revive grenades => Me going: \(^^)/

The changes to stealth are nice as well, since before there was no reason to cert into stealth beyond the first level. A bit bummed that they didn't add the changes to lock-ons for this GU though.

I read through all that thinking "dont care about that, dont care about that, ok might be useful, dont care about that, etc..." and then I stumbled upon that :
    Squad and platoon leaders are now represented by their star icons on both the minimap and full-screen map
    !!!

SQUAD, Regroup on me ! NOW !

My inner SL is rejoicing

Sometimes, it's the small things that make the difference.

I felt roughly the same thing.

• The afterburner fuel display will now show up while in 3rd person view
    • There is now a lock-on indicator in 3rd person view

At last... so happy.

Banned
    Finally you can cheat more effectively!

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Finally you can cheat more effectively!
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing ESFs locked to a 1st person view, given how manouverable they are. It might make the stealth cert line more relevant when you can't just switch out to a huge field of vision.

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing ESFs locked to a 1st person view, given how manouverable they are. It might make the stealth cert line more relevant when you can't just switch out to a huge field of vision.
    I agree with this. It's way cooler to fly in first person as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    That's a really really lame change. All of the pro's with none of the con's when flying.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID