Page 126 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 5931
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    For those that haven't noticed yet, the bug that allows splash damage to go through shields is back. It works with quite a range of equipment and it's extremely annoying. Some people seem to have fun abusing this beyond any reason, and i'd say that we should start reporting anyone who repeatedly uses it to kill whole spawn rooms.

RPS members not abusing this would also be great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    RPS members not abusing this would also be great.
    I second this motion!

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    For those that haven't noticed yet, the bug that allows splash damage to go through shields is back. It works with quite a range of equipment and it's extremely annoying.
    That would explain my confusion over dying in the middle of one of those small spawn rooms due to tank fire - thought it might be crazy amounts of lag or something. Didn't stick around to test it out as the spawn room was being camped. Thanks for the heads up!

i noticed this when i got grenade killed through a wall the other day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfChutney View Post
    i noticed this when i got grenade killed through a wall the other day.
    I've been concussed through walls a couple of times now too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I second this motion!
    Also agree. It's a cheap tactic.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Also agree. It's a cheap tactic.
    Thirded (or fourthed). RPS shouldn't be abusing these kind of exploits.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Might explain my unexpected double grenade kill last night. Oops. :S

Network Hub
    Situation: I have, through no fault of my own, been cast away from the realms of the PC and indeed the internet proper for several months. Since around March. Up until that point, I had started very much to get in on PS2, and some may vaguely remember me swanning about being TheGreatCacker pretty regularly.

Now that I've got new whizzbang internet in my new (not new any more, but different since I last played..) place coming tomorrow, I intend to rejoin the fray. If anyone wouldn't mind, I'd like to know what I've missed - primarily in terms of updates, the way things are 'done' etc.. but I'm also happy to hear of any particularly excellent anecdotes or actions that have taken place.

Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRed View Post
    Situation: I have, through no fault of my own, been cast away from the realms of the PC and indeed the internet proper for several months. Since around March. Up until that point, I had started very much to get in on PS2, and some may vaguely remember me swanning about being TheGreatCacker pretty regularly.

Now that I've got new whizzbang internet in my new (not new any more, but different since I last played..) place coming tomorrow, I intend to rejoin the fray. If anyone wouldn't mind, I'd like to know what I've missed - primarily in terms of updates, the way things are 'done' etc.. but I'm also happy to hear of any particularly excellent anecdotes or actions that have taken place.

Thanks!
    You might be surprised by UI changes.

On another note: Smedley announces pc optimization focus
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 20-08-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sorry for not responding with any details, Cacker. There have been many, many changes. Lattice is perhaps the most obvious, there are a lot more big fights now rather than ghost caps. You will probably be getting more closely acquainted with the zerg than you did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    On another note: Smedley announces pc optimization focus
    Excellent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    About the optimisation focus, Smed's second tweet:

this is going to take some understanding on your part players - when we focus on this it means other stuff waits. But this is critical.

What waits? ESF update? Hossin? Resource revamp? I'd be sad if we didn't get at least some of that in the next couple of weeks. Also, are the whole SoE team capable of working on optimisation? What will the artists be doing for example.

Taking a narrow minded view of it though this is well timed. Just as Arma 3, Rome 2 and Sir come out.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I might be sceptical, but for me this sounds as: "The PS4 version is having problems and we need every man and woman we have to fix it in time for launch. We keep the PC players quiet with optimisation excuses untill the PS4 version is working".

Of coruse working on the PS4 version will most likely result in optimisation for the PC but still.

Network Hub
    Sounds terrifying, to be honest. I've downloaded the update, but dare not start it tonight lest I am sucked into playing until 4 in the morning. I have to pick up my son at 9am, which means getting up at 7, so all in all it seems like the wisest move..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, it's a better game now in many ways than it was three or four months ago. Some things are better, some things "worse", but overall, it's come along nicely. We're still waiting for a proper strategic game with lasting achievements and long-term goals and progression, though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    PTS Changenotes: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...e-8-20.147762/

Some really good stuff there including:

PROJECTILES

• Fix for guided rockets not traveling the correct path on other clients
    • Fix for projectiles not rendering when shot out of render distance (looking at you AV MANA turret)
    • Fixed Striker missiles flying through terrain and buildings and still hitting targets
    • Victims of the Phoenix missile should no longer see the projectile adjust course quickly within 10m and then detonate
    • Air to Air rockets won’t look like they’re bouncing back and forth to remote clients

INFANTRY

• These haven’t seen any significant testing yet so we’re definitely anticipating we may need to make some changes, so don’t be shy.
    • We’re not releasing numbers/data for these yet, but as things start to solidify we’ll remedy that.
    • Please let us know how you think these changes hold up in action.
      • Flak Armor changes (Infantry only)
        • Flak Armor will now also be affective against the direct impact damage of explosive projectiles. Includes:
          • Rocket Pods
          • Rocket Launchers
          • Grenade Launchers

• MAX AV weapon update
        • Damage vs. Infantry being reduced (vehicle damage is unaffected)
          • NC Raven
          • NC Falcon
          • TR Fracture
          • TR Pounder
          • VS Comet

• Damage vs. infantry being increased
          • VS Vortex

• Other changes
          • NC Falcon projectile acceleration and max speed being slightly increased to extend its effective range and bring it more in line with other MAX weapons

Other stuff:

• Added a display for Above Mean Sea Level (AMSL) to air vehicles
    • Drifters now provide a greater initial height boost (~3 meters)
    • Initial fuel cost has been increased
    • Fuel consumption slightly reduced to compensate for initial fuel cost increase.
    • Repeatedly tapping the Jump jet key will now slightly increase height at the cost of fuel

Edit: Those projectile changes sounds bloody awesome if they work, Flak changes could be really good and nerfed fractures + better anti infantry damage on vortexes. New drifters sounds awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's interesting that they felt the need to make Max weapons so specific.

I mean OK, the Fractures were perhaps a bit too good all-rounders. But I can't imagine that the pounders, falcons or comets were really a big problem.

The rendering change if it works will be huge. Lancer nests will still be broken in that you can't return fire mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Goodbye long range AI Max weapons of the NC. Goobye Falcon, raven. May you rest for someday to rise again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The Flak armor change could actually turn out to be a good change. It would also give flak armor a lot more use instead of going nanoweave.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Looks like drifters will become usable at ground-level again.