Page 127 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 6088
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    It's interesting that they felt the need to make Max weapons so specific.

I mean OK, the Fractures were perhaps a bit too good all-rounders. But I can't imagine that the pounders, falcons or comets were really a big problem.

The rendering change if it works will be huge. Lancer nests will still be broken in that you can't return fire mind.
    Interesting that they would change two similar things at the same time: explosive max weapons vs infantry and infantry explosives resistance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Interesting that they would change two similar things at the same time: explosive max weapons vs infantry and infantry explosives resistance.
    No, that's perfectly normal SOE behaviour.

No, that's perfectly normal SOE behaviour.
    That's true. It's interesting that they haven't learned from the last time they did that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    From smedly on Reddit :

1. Does this mean Hossin, or Feature X, Y or Z are on hold?

Answer - I've asked that we cease work on everything else until we get the performance situation significantly improved? What does that mean? It means faster, using less memory and better behaving. Beyond that we need to wait and see.
    So, there goes Hossin for some time. My prediction, Hossin will come out around december or januari.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dont mind them focussing on performance, since the last patch I lost about 20 frames in combat that has more then 40 people, no idea what caused it since I used to only get these sort of drops in the most massive battles.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Goodbye long range AI Max weapons of the NC. Goobye Falcon, raven. May you rest for someday to rise again.
    Umm from the looks of it falcon will be mostly buffed, sure might loose some damage but I expect that change to be pretty minor but it will gain faster projectiles which as far as I have heard NC complain is the biggest issue with it.

Well that and shitty convergence but that goes for all the Max weapons really.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Well it is on the PTS for experimentation so not live yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Umm from the looks of it falcon will be mostly buffed, sure might loose some damage but I expect that change to be pretty minor but it will gain faster projectiles which as far as I have heard NC complain is the biggest issue with it.

Well that and shitty convergence but that goes for all the Max weapons really.
    They are still usefull as AV weapons, but I used them as long range AI weapons. For that purpose they can now rest in pieces. It seems back to Bursters to hit infantry on range.....

Ah yeah I forget you guys don't really have any long range max weapons. It'd be good for you to have at least one, so long as it isn't quite as effective as say the blueshift for VS. It'd also be nice if we had a CQC weapon that isn't as effective as yours. I realise we do in the form of the nebula and cosmos, but then no one in their right mind would equip those over the blueshift for any situation. it would mean thinking more carefully about your max depending on the situation.

so reading this reddit post i came across this:
    • Sunderer Floodlights, Searchlights, Duskbuster Headlights, Shadesplitter Headlights, Fogbreach Headlights

And I thought "Holy Hannah, they should totally make nights really REALLY dark. Like flashlight needs to be used dark. Then have an option that instead of one of your weapons on top of a sunderer (possibly MBT) have a searchlight "turret" that someone can get into and point about to search for baddies"

That would be awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    so reading this reddit post i came across this:
    • Sunderer Floodlights, Searchlights, Duskbuster Headlights, Shadesplitter Headlights, Fogbreach Headlights

And I thought "Holy Hannah, they should totally make nights really REALLY dark. Like flashlight needs to be used dark. Then have an option that instead of one of your weapons on top of a sunderer (possibly MBT) have a searchlight "turret" that someone can get into and point about to search for baddies"

That would be awesome.
    But it can't be done simply by making things darker. You can always beat that purely by gamma cranking.
    There needs to be something cleverer done if you want dark environments - and even then, it would probably have to be restricted to permanently dark places like caves, as otherwise transition periods (like dusk) would look very weird.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Not to mention, given how ridiculously close some of those planets and moons in the sky are (I swear some orbit at 20 miles!), night time should be practically as bright as day time.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Yeah it was more of a "wouldn't it be cool if.." than a serious suggestion. Just imagined fending off a base assault and tracking those last few infantry units with a search light on a mag through the trees of hossin

A Tunnelrats in Planetside 2 so to speak.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, Fracture and Striker nerf + Flak preventing being oneshot by rockets and ubgls (hopefully). Quite awesome.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Darker nights would be horrible, it would go from having a dark game to having a black/white game because everyone would be using IRNV not flashlights.

Also the nights are plenty dark already if people actually ran the game at a reasonable gamma. Look at Jaguar Skills videos for example. A lot of those dark areas are really dark even on Indar.

Dark nights with floodlights and all that jazz works well in singleplayer game because there you can be the badass with night vision or the desperate defender with a flood light. In a multiplayer game people just wants to see the bloody enemy so they can shoot them.

Edit: However the flashlights could do with a boost in range, right now them seem to reach about 4-5m which is rather sad. But I guess it is some sort of anti lag thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But it can't be done simply by making things darker. You can always beat that purely by gamma cranking.
    There needs to be something cleverer done if you want dark environments - and even then, it would probably have to be restricted to permanently dark places like caves, as otherwise transition periods (like dusk) would look very weird.
    Doesn't ARMA do some cool stuff, trying to represent realistic tonal range/lighting etc? I found it pretty interesting when playing DayZ, since it is so different to the default approach games take eg. make everything stand out really clearly at all times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, one solution (that you could maybe get away with in caves) would be to have everything that wasn't lit as black, and keep reflections really tightly limited. So you would only be able to see what was lit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Doesn't ARMA do some cool stuff, trying to represent realistic tonal range/lighting etc? I found it pretty interesting when playing DayZ, since it is so different to the default approach games take eg. make everything stand out really clearly at all times.
    Yeah, that's the more interesting (but increasingly technically difficult) solution. To add in to the simulation not only the raw lower brightness levels, but all the other things that go with lower light levels. So, progressive saturation, eventually to pure black and white. Substantial increase in noise. More indistinctness. A touch of motion blur on bright objects.
    Of course, as game/engine developers are obsessed with recreating camera effects (see depth of field, motion blur LENS FLARE) rather than actual human eye effects for some reason, what we'll probably get is none of the above ever.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ng_continents/

made a thread about getting proper caps back. feedback and upvotes would be great!

Network Hub
    Well, tonight I logged on, and after maybe 10 mins of play (and 2 crashes) I took PL. After a decently fun fight at Mani Tower, the NC stepped up their attack, but we weren't able to coherently respond, because I couldn't keep up with the situation. Basically, my ability to PL was destroyed by more constant, errorless CTDs. I had to step down after about 15 mins PLing simply because I couldn't run a platoon while constantly loading the game up again.

This shit is getting ridiculous. I had 5 crashes in 30 minutes. No FPS slowdown or bugs that seem to cause it - it happens in menus, sitting in the Warpgate, intense fights, drop-podding in etc.

It's only been the last week or so, I can't recall the Hotfix that did it, but no workarounds work for more than maybe 30 minutes to an hour.

Apologies to everyone playing tonight, it was shaping up to be a fun time, but everything got too fucking crap at the end, and I got sick of crashing every time I got back to the fight.

That's why I've stopped PL'ing and SL'ing most of the time right now, because I can't guarantee I'll be stable. I've even crashed whilst piloting a whale full of giraffes which didn't end at all well.