Page 128 of 318 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 6355
    Network Hub
    Can't say I've had any crashes, but then I've only been SL momentarily by accident..

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    sympathising with your plight
    I had pretty similar problems back in early Spring. No pinnable cause, as often quiet as well as busy hexes, just freezes and ctds every 10 - 40 minutes, the whole time.

It resolved after 10 days or so, but I didn't pay enough attention to be sure of why. There were a few hotfixes in quick succession around that time, but I did also switch to beta Nvidia drivers around then as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I always crash on exit and often on alt-tabbing. In-game sudden crashes are very rare though, so it is not universal. I hope you will find the cause and that the crashes stop for you, fishfoodcarl.

Obscure Node
    Since technical test in June 2012, the game has crashed on exit. I'm notified by a monitoring program that it has crashed every single time I close it, by any method.

Network Hub
    I tell a massive lie, anyway. The game never, ever shuts down properly. Usually I just get a silly message after it's half shut down asking if I want to report it or just close the program, but sometimes it sem-0freezes as I quit, leaving me to ctrlalttab task manager up. That'll get me back to being able to end the process that way and the desktop, so it's not actually a hassle more than the cost of three seconds. But literally - every single time. It simply doesn't shut properly.

Network Hub
    Oh. Sorry Slev, I left this tab open earlier and replied now to find you'd said the same thing in the intervening time!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, there's a bug where vanguards can circumvent the cooldown and use their shield twice. fun times ahead, i think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    SOE being hit by layoffs. I wonder how many and especially which parts of SOE they were from. But I doubt PS2 is affected by this. But who knows. It's a crazy world. Some website will surely have some more info on this in the coming days.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/.../#post-2097374

*edit*
    concerning smedly on twitter it wont affect ps2. most likely staff from older titles, including eq2. but no info on that yet.
    Last edited by bonkers; 28-08-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smedly on Reddit
    Some specific comments.

1. Is this layoff going to impact PS2? - no. we have a large team still working on it. Yes some people have been let go from the team. They did terrific work and it's just simply a cost cutting issue.
    2. Is Planetside 2 doing well - yes. These cuts were SOE wide. They were neccessary to get our costs in line with our revenues. Simple as that.

There are many people with theories on why stuff like this happens. I can tell you this very simply - we make the best games we can and as a company I can say with a straight face that we do our absolute best to minimize the times when we need to do layoffs like this. They absolutely suck. However we do our absolute best to get people placed with good companies and we absolutely hire people back.
    I don't much like the boilerplate statements companies make these days, ours included.. so I wanted to come on here and let you know we stand by PS2 and our other games and despite some people no longer being at the team we are working hard on the optimizations and the other features we have promised. We are making good progress and we intend to have a full status update next week
    Smed
    So it will effect PS2, but probably not very much.

PCGamer reports:
    We have been told by a trusted source that as many as 200 people may have been laid off, though this figure includes temporary workers. Allegedly, about 100 of these layoffs were from SOE’s quality assurance and customer support areas.
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not state of the game, but state of the outfit. We had shockingly low numbers the last few days. Just now, only 6 other people are online and only 2 of those are on comms.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    We did have at least 48 people online for StratGir, though. More than I would have thought we would get, given that we've peaked at about 2˝ squads, the other nights I've been playing lately.

Is it an effect of there not having been a Call to Arms event for quite some time now?

I'm currently not playing too but I think it might be related to people waiting for Hossin. As the later into the year the busier people tend to get.
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Not state of the game, but state of the outfit. We had shockingly low numbers the last few days. Just now, only 6 other people are online and only 2 of those are on comms.
    It was very quiet earlier, but I just left a platoon with almost three full squads in it, so it picked up as the evening went on. I think your observation is still valid though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Might still be people on holiday? Or the reverse and people are back at work/school and have found less time. I'm not on for the next month because I'm working in Germany so I can't really say about numbers.

In my case I'm waiting to see what the optimisation pass will bring
    AKA Rushtone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The outfit was busier than ever in June. Then it dropped off really abruptly. I can only imagine it's related to summer holidays, because it was very abrupt.

If things don't pick up after a couple of weeks in September, then we might have to ask Jim for another CTA.

As ever http://outfitpoints.com/OutfitDetail...09488620609255 - go to the "online members stats" tab. use the sliders to see further back in time (ignore weeks before 16 June - they were bugged then). Stratgir was popular this week, but pretty quiet on other days. 16 June and 21 July weeks were CtA weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    In my case I'm waiting to see what the optimisation pass will bring
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...th_this_315mb/

I have noticed a significant improvement of my frame rates the last week. Something has definitely happened.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...th_this_315mb/

I have noticed a significant improvement of my frame rates the last week. Something has definitely happened.
    Fuck that, my frames dropped from consistent 30-40 at large battles to 10-15.
    First I suspected, that my fan is full of dust. Cleaned it and then shortcircuited my monitor, fuck that patch.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

What processor and graphics card do you use, Bankrotas? I have an Intel i5 2500K and a GeForce 580. I do not use PhysX.