Page 134 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 6095
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Not the entirely right thread but holy shit are there a lot of threads.. I will be coming back in a small way to play some PS2, from time to time. Most likely just popping in on event nights. I have a thing for going in on stuff that fascinates me and engages me with 110% of my energy, which was the case with PS2 as well. What eventually follows is almost always some sort of burnout - which also happened with PS2!

The game still seems a bit stale, but hopefully the FPS-patch as well as Hossin can revive things a bit. I am very, very busy though, and will be til november, so not sure how much I will be on. Flying gals is still amazing though, so I think I'll mostly be doing that.
    Welcome back!

I don't know if you've been following the game through YouTube, but there is some evolution on the tactical metagame (besides the awful spam of Marauders, Vulcan, Fractures and Strikers). Sunderers are still a thing, but squad deploy and spawn beacons are huge. Medic balls for infinite revives, room lock downs with MAXes, engineers and medics and nothing else, and (this you'll love) last minute saves with precision gal drops or massive drop podding.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, good to see you on yesterday! Hope you do hop on from time to time.

MrEclectic's briefing on the state of the tactical game is pretty spot on. Just don't forget that the NC outfits seem mostly disorganised and not all that much of a threat (we beat most NC outfits in a straight-up fight on equal numbers), while some of the TR outfits are real pains in the arse.

As an outfit, we've been working a lot on learning to fly, using manned forward bases for aircraft to rearm and repair, flying in groups (swarms sometimes!). We've also worked a bit on combined arms tactics (like that excellent push at CoraMed Labs one Thursday), and on using MAXes more often. We had a theme week on squad cohesion, which worked out really well, and a couple follow-ups on different topics that were less effective. (Time for a new one, maybe cohesion again?)

These last couple of weeks we've been rediscovering the value of infiltrators' recon darts, since they made it a requirement to be manning the Flash to get its scout radar benefit. Using recon darts has saved our behinds on numerous defences and "point-defence"-style base caps recently.

And finally, we've become a much tighter team over the last couple of months, as our numbers have dwindled somewhat and those who play now play more often and more regularly.

It's a good time to be back, I think!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Outfitpoints now does "Outfit Scorecards". Let's see if I can embed it:
    Edit:
    Nope, html embed is off.

So, links instead:
    Rock Planet Shotgun
    Rock Traitor Shotgun
    Last edited by CMaster; 30-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I haven't played in a good long while.
    Went on on Saturday night.
    Couldn't hit shit.

I blame the last patch as opposed to my own ineptitude.

1.3 million outfit kills is a bit of a terrifying thought.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Hmm, once Mavvvy and his crew joined us, we started doing better at killing and surviving.

I have 7,5% of RTRS overall kills
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    I have 7,5% of RTRS overall kills
    And you didn;t play much the last few weeks, yet the numbers stay roughly the same. I say we improved nicely in those weeks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Good to have you back RIDEBIRD! I think most of the changes in the game have been mentioned already. The only other thing I can think of is that there is A LOT of TR around. I.e. more targets.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    How is the state of the game given the new efforts to improve things?

I have been in a combined hole of work and NDAs but hoping to get back to Auraxis over the weekend perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    How is the state of the game given the new efforts to improve things?

I have been in a combined hole of work and NDAs but hoping to get back to Auraxis over the weekend perhaps.
    They've stopped working on new features since August to focus on performance, and the first performance patch is supposed to come out at the end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Good to have you back RIDEBIRD! I think most of the changes in the game have been mentioned already. The only other thing I can think of is that there is A LOT of TR around. I.e. more targets.
    Esamir redesign

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    Esamir redesign
    AKA "where the hell is the exit?!"

AKA "Awesome vehicle fights that don't suck the joy out of infantry fights". I think LaKroy will approve that some of our best Harasser play happened on the new Esamir

Network Hub
    ^ as I said the other night Ksempac, you were right about everything relating to Harassers. So. Much. FUN! And yes, Esamir does seem to have lots of lovely rolling hills and gullys to boost in and out of and take tanks and sundys by surprise. Just wish I wasn't getting so much lag and de-sync on the game at the moment, I'd had a great run of 50 - 60 fps for a month or more up to 2 weeks ago.

Also, welcome back RIDEBIRD! I look forward to dying in ultra-agressive infantry charges at your command once more...

RIDEBIRD hell yeah!
    In other news, I do feel like we need to get better at getting out of bases. Leave the explosive facials to any randoms we have with us

Hail Boriz!

Thank you for contacting Planetside 2 Customer Support, this is GM Sariuv. I am sorry but we will be unable to manually award the Gold or Auarxium Medal for achieving the required amount of kills. I have looked into your account, and I do see that you have 1320 total kills with the Solstice SF, but it it still requiring 85 kills for the Gold Medal. It does look like this is bug, so what I have done is forwarded your information on to our development team so that they can resolve the issue. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

Good luck out there soldier!

GM Sariuv
    Planetside 2
    Sony Online Entertainment
    mah certs!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hi Ridebird!

Immortalised.

Welcome back Ridebird!

In addition, TVA is a huge part of the VS meta-game now. As an alliance we've created some memorable and awesome experiences through alerts and continent locks.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    In three weeks I have to hand in my final thesis. Then I am off for some vacation (one week Berlin, one and a half week Uppsala) and then I will look into upgrading and playing some more with you guys. I really start to miss PS2. I hate it at times but then again I miss it. It's some kind of weird love-hate-relationship.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    mah certs!
    Afaik, GL kills don't really add up to medal progression
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

I have about 4 of those, because I use underbarrel smoke. I only recently certed the underbarrel grenade launcher and I don't like it.