Page 135 of 319 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 6363
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Goooo ubs!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I have about 4 of those, because I use underbarrel smoke. I only recently certed the underbarrel grenade launcher and I don't like it.
    I'm struggling to get used to the underbarrel grenade launcher as well. I gave it a go in one of the NC biolabs last night to try to kills some MAXs with it - didn't get one. Killed LordKiwi twice with it though in the space of ten seconds and no one else. I put it away after that... sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Much like in real life, grenades from a grenade launcher have a minimum activations range, to make it a bit more difficult for people to blow themselves up with them. It's about 10 m in PS2 I believe. This might be your problem?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

That, and the ridiculous arc and speed on the projectile. You can throw a grenade farther than you can fire it out of the underbarrel launcher.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I love the UBGL. Solstice SF is my highest killing weapon, because of the UBGL. It takes getting used to the arc, speed etc. but once you're familiar with that it's like having a one shot kill shotgun that works much further away than anyone expects. That element of surprise is key to winning mid-range engagements. Also, very useful when approaching the landing of a bounce pad as an LA. In fact UBGL is an LA's best friend. Combine it with drifter jets, C4, grenade bandolier and you're basically a one person liberator.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I really like the under barrel smoke grenade launcher. I have it on the equinox for my medic and being able to drop smoke to assist friendly pushes have been invaluable a lot of times. Granted, it's a support ability and doesn't give me any kills (apart from one incident with a friendly who was almost dead and who I possibly, maybe, probably headshot with a smoke grenade). But it's really helpful as an extra situational ability.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HexPen View Post
    I'm struggling to get used to the underbarrel grenade launcher as well. I gave it a go in one of the NC biolabs last night to try to kills some MAXs with it - didn't get one. Killed LordKiwi twice with it though in the space of ten seconds and no one else. I put it away after that... sorry.
    That was you! I was in my MAX last night getting very frustrated that I couldn't see a thing for ages since I couldn't equip NV.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    That, and the ridiculous arc and speed on the projectile. You can throw a grenade farther than you can fire it out of the underbarrel launcher.
    The completely useless sight doesn't help either.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    The completely useless sight doesn't help either.
    Used to be good when the grenades flew farther. I had my smokes down pretty accurately.

Network Hub
    How does everybody feel about the purple camo? I got kind of excited when I saw it on sale, but after checking it out in the VR it just didn't feel like the normal giraffe camo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Yes, the patches are too large, so for me it's still not as good as I would like it to be.

However, it's great on vehicles. Though I may get the infantry camo what I'm really looking forward to is a sale on the vehicle camo.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Been playing a bit of BF4 beta he last few days and man are there things PS2 and BF could learn from each other. The PS2 minimap is simply better in every way compared to BF4 (I mean still no fixed minimap... rotating minimaps are "#¤"" useless), however BF4 does have 3 different colorblind modes depending on what color you have problems with, good stuff.

BF4 does have brilliant threat indicators so if someone locks on to you, you get a warning and a direction indicator so it is very easy to tell where you need to go to avoid it. Vehicle huds are just better in general.

What both need to learn however is that 3D spotting, icons, doritos whatever needs to fade away around the x-hair. Been killed so many times because there is a big fat [A], tank, infantry, ammo, medic icon all over my x-hair so I cannot even see the targets I am trying to shoot.

And on the current topic, both games fail miserably at making grenadelauncher x-hairs/iron sights... it is like they just do not know how they work at all.

Purple giraffe cammo looks great on big vehicles like the Galaxy and liberator but kinda meh on infantry.

This is some dedication.

First posted on Reddit by ExplodingFist.

Now... I wonder how this would have played out among the Giraffes... :p

I didn't get the good reactions from reddit. This was as predictable and as boring as all theses others Hollywood speeches.

Yes, it was generic, but to pull it off over TS/Mumble together with background music is still quite an achievement, in my opinion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Now... I wonder how this would have played out among the Giraffes...
    Undercover Giraffe at 0:57

Yeah, it was pretty epic but I kept expecting them to all load up and mass gal-drop somewhere, the teases!

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    This is some dedication.

First posted on Reddit by ExplodingFist.

Now... I wonder how this would have played out among the Giraffes...
    I'd imagine much like a Monty Python parody of the same speech.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I'm surprised that BF4 beta doesn't seem to affect PS2 player numbers all too much. But I guess people waiting for BF4 already left anyway?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    our numbers are really low though. tried playing earlier, and there basically was never more than a squad online, which is a shame as i preferred the gameplay when we had more bodies around.