Page 137 of 276 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 5515
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Why are these posts always fourteen miles long? If I wanted to read a novel I'd read something a bit more literary then critique on game systems. I understand the need for fleshing out your argument, but people doing this need to learn to be concise. Then again, SOE generally reads/responds/listens anyway, as they're good folks.

Generally I think they just need to fix perforamance, establish population caps and queues so it's never more then 1-2% on every faction, establish harder continent locks where you gain long term bonuses and to make sure there's new content coming out.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Why are these posts always fourteen miles long? If I wanted to read a novel I'd read something a bit more literary then critique on game systems. I understand the need for fleshing out your argument, but people doing this need to learn to be concise. Then again, SOE generally reads/responds/listens anyway, as they're good folks.

Generally I think they just need to fix perforamance, establish population caps and queues so it's never more then 1-2% on every faction, establish harder continent locks where you gain long term bonuses and to make sure there's new content coming out.
    I agree! Also, your points are completely valid. I'm also not a fan of the lattice. It removes a lot of options. I had a lot of fun on Saturday when we were being strategic and trying to take pressure off one place and put it in another.

Network Hub
    I agree re. the lattice, I do think the game lost a lot when it went down that route. Maybe it's more fun this way for the zerg, but imho cutting the number of strategic options so drastically has bit by bit made fights on Indar and Esamir more and more stale. You're always attacking the same bases, from the same angles... it works directly counter to the great landscape design work that's originally been put in. I still find cool hidden valleys, footpaths, routes over hills from time to time, and each time I lament that we so rarely have fun between-base engagments on new terrain.

There was much more potential, pre-lattice, for interesting group play as well. I remember fighting a platoon or so of NC on Indar for a whole evening, they were miles away from their territory, holding small bases in the SE corner. Each time we took a base most of the platoon would melt away leaving a squad or so to delay us, the others would then start the caps on adjacent bases before congregating at the one we were slowest to respond onto. You just can't go for that kind of clever, fun-in-its-own-right play without the freedom that the lattice takes away.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I think lattice itself isn't the problem. The lattice layout might be more of a problem as the current one very often has lanes you cannot avoid. But at last the lattice compresses the current players in a few spots. I don't want to imagine the ghostcapping that would be going on if we still had the hex system.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I haven't played nearly enough to have an opinion on lattice, but it does seem more limited. I enjoyed the freeform way of before, even if it led to tons of ghostcaps.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    NS Portal looks like it could be a really powerful tool.

Gonna toy about with it & report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I'M BACK

I've been in the US for a while working

do any of you remember me

what did I miss? new patches? weapons? stuff? did they nerf fractures and the vulcan yet?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Welcome back Socroft!

Quote Originally Posted by Socroft View Post
    did they nerf fractures and the vulcan yet?
    No, they buffed the vulcan against sunderers and lightnings. -.-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    NS Portal looks like it could be a really powerful tool.

Gonna toy about with it & report back.
    One negative, that you can't set up permanent portal, though also makes it safe.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    One negative, that you can't set up permanent portal, though also makes it safe.
    It is a shame that you cannot hand a portal over to another user when the person who started it logged off...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Well it's alfa/beta now, so maybe later on?

Network Hub
    Spawn-beacon changes on PTS; you won't be able to stray too far from the beacon location anymore when dropping.
    And a hotfix incoming: Better spawning options and lock-on bug is fixed. We'll also get UI info on the World Domination Series, and some nice changes have been made there, too. The winner of the last WDS will get less points and the points you gain will depend on how many people are on the current continent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Melon, what is this lockon bug about? I've noticed my missles going off to all sides but not towards the target when firing from a scythe.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

It's the bug where the LOCK warning indicator stays on forever. Or until you get locked-on and launched-at again, and that missile hits. Or until you flare/smoke again.

Activated Node
    Just as I max out my spawn beacon they nerf them, although getting rid of that lock-on bug will be a relief.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The beacon change looks good to me. Being able to drop anywhere in a base from one beacon was probably a bit much, now you will actually be dropping around the beacon, more like any other spawn point.

Wonder if it will apply to squad deploy/instant action as well?

It makes LA's more useful as SL's actually. Buff to LA, yay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's a staggering stats site just gone public.
    Check out our MVP's details here:

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Lakroy

You'll need a code to log in and get full use out of it (like search functionality). Check Reddit for some, will distribute mine if and when I get any.

At the moment, a few things are a bit mysterious as to what it is actually doing. Lagely it's statistical distributions etc, and putting them in context, but when there's no tooltip, I'm at a loss as to what has actually been done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Wonder if it will apply to squad deploy/instant action as well?
    Lets hope so. Might make sundi suicide bombing at least a bit harder
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Who loves the Lasher most:

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/...PS#leaderboard

(Note, you can see some good examples of this site getting wrong stats here. Pretty sure that Zoondab must have died once on his way to 342 lasher kills.